Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #41
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default what I love

One thing!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!! Not possible, unless it's the WHOLE catty! LOL!!
BUT........ I noticed several others mentioned more than one so here goes...
I love...
the new papers
I really do like the gray
the ideas are AWESOME!!
the copper stuff is just waaaaaaayyyyyy cool
the father's vintage set and the boy's stamps are awesome
the word stamps are great!!
new alphabet stamps
vanilla ink
permanent brown ink
large wheels-these are going to make some GREAT bkgrd papers!!

Basically, I just love SU!! I am not a demo, but have been one and will always love their stuff. I love the versatility they have and how when they come out w/ stamps how some can hate the sets while others love them!! That's what makes them a great company!! There is something for everyone!
I love the Ronald McDonald set and will be getting that set. My cousin works w/ a Make a Wish foundation and several cancer children (she is a nurse at a cancer hospital) and we have donated to this cause every year. How fun to be able to donate and add fun to it by getting a stamp in return.
My gr'ma is a breast cancer survivor and I have a friend who was diagnosed w/ breast cancer 2 yrs ago at the age os 32 (she's doing well now) and I will be purchasing that set as well. I am proud of SU! and all they do and the groups they support. Even if you don't know of anyone w/ breast cancer or a child w/ cancer I urge you to support both of these awesome groups by purchasing these stamp sets. If you are a demo, use them as door prizes, if not, donate them to your hospital and they can give them to cancer survivors.
Ok, off my cancer soapbox now... Ü
YEAH SU!!! and thank you Beate for encouraging us to focus on the positive!!
Debbie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #42
Die Cut Diva

If I had to say the ONE thing, it would have to be everything! I am having so much fun "getting to know" my new catty. (My friends give me a hard time because of my amazing ability to locate random stamps in the old catty, I just spent so much time soaking it in I knew it like the back of my hand.)

Some of the things I adore:
I can't say enough about the starter sets. My first purchase was around 50 but it really really lacked the versatility. I love the thought of getting everything you need to make all sorts of cards with one purchase! AWESOME!!

I love the set (aggg I don't know it's name) with the jar and bag and all the goodies you can put in it. How adorable!

I love the new invitation set--it covers birthday, baby and wedding showers. AWESOME!

I LOVE all of the new shapes. How much fun will we have with those!

I love the little blocks with more information found throughout the catalog.

I am so excited because my sister and I are getting together to go through our catalogs together tomorrow. We've done a little but I'm talking highlighters to mark what she has and what I have, wish lists, and evaluating every single page. Sounds like heaven to me .
Old 07-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Point out one thing you LOVE about the new catalog!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate
Hi girls....lately there have been quite a lot of negative posts here. Makes me cringe. I love Stampin' Up!, love the people I meet because of it and I adore the new catalog and the new accessories.

To encourage the LOVE on this board....please post things you love! Let's focus on good!

How about it. Who is with me?
\o/ ME!!!

I love it! I think it's a great catalog! I love everything!!!

I love the gray images. I love the way the samples stand out!

I love all the new sets!

I love all the copper accessories!

I love the colors listed in the front of the catalog! I love that the hostess level sets are color coded!

I was sad to see my hermafix adhesives go, but I am THRILLED to see the sticky strips!!!

I love the micro beads! I've been searching everywhere for those!

I love the 12X12 Simply Scrappin' size change!!

::::::::::::applause for SU!:::::::::::::::::
Old 07-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #44

I love:
The Starter Kits, my favorite starter kit "Word Play"
Really CUTE holiday stamps, so many ideas in my head I can't sleep!
All the Occasions sets especially the "Somebunny New" and "Birthday Bunnie" and ... Oh never mind I'd be typing all day!
The fact the Paris In the Spring made it in and Alphadots!
ohh and the metallic paper!
punches being exclusive SU!
AND LAST but NOT LEAST my husband for letting me spend more than I earn on my first catty order!
Thanks Beate for starting this thread, it's nice to see how much you love something when you start typing it all out!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:24 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Alicia, I think we must be soul sisters! I was thinking exactly along the same lines! Having seen SU catalogs for a good ten years now, I am more impressed with this one than any other. EVERY year has new "stuff," i.e. sets, tools, embellishments. This year's is no exception along those lines.

This year, though, the catalog itself is a huge innovation:

The gray images to help set off the artwork.
The re-organization of content.
The combining of the scrapping catalog with the main catalog.
THE STARTER KITS are a phenomenol innovation.

These are so awesome. I could go on, but that would take time away from perusing the gallery, so I'll contain myself.

Hugs,
Betsy
Old 07-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #46
Stampin' Fool

As a demo, I love the kits at the front of the catty. As a stamper, I LOVE the new copper stuff, not to mention all the new sets I MUST have

Carolyn
Old 07-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #47
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love birthday banter!!!! i just traded for it!!!
the cow just makes me belly laugh.

my DH even thought it was funny. I was very sad the other night and he actually said he would look through the catty with me. It was so sweet! ( this is a hard core fisherman i am talkin' about here) He thought that birthday banter was the best set. He never complements me on anything and he kept saying "i like your cards better". I wonder if he was interested in something else??!!??!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #48
Glitter Guru

I love the fact there are smaller sets for less $$$$ - there were a lot of sets I liked that retired but I only liked a few stamps and I wasn't going to spend $25+ for a few stamps that I would use. I would much rather have 20 stamp sets with a few stamps in each for a low price than 10 stamp sets with a bunch a stamps for higher $$$. It seems like there are quite a few cute sets for $15 or under.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the new wheels - I have 6 of them on my must have list - they seem to be more suitable to making an all over background without having to worry about being "just right" with your wheel.

I love all the samples in the book - I have already imagined on a few of them how I can adjust the style to work with the sets I already have.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #49

OH I forgot to add I love the prices the sets are so affordable and I love all the new shape sets! okay, I'm done! Maybe!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #50
Mad Swapper

I LOVE the way none of us know the names of the sets yet (soon very soon) and we call them really cute stuff like "Bendy leg Lady" and "Bag with all the Goodies"!!! Stampin' Up! Might want to hire us as catalog consultants! LOL!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill
I love:
The Starter Kits, my favorite starter kit "Word Play"
Really CUTE holiday stamps, so many ideas in my head I can't sleep!
All the Occasions sets especially the "Somebunny New" and "Birthday Bunnie" and ... Oh never mind I'd be typing all day!
The fact the Paris In the Spring made it in and Alphadots!
ohh and the metallic paper!
punches being exclusive SU!
AND LAST but NOT LEAST my husband for letting me spend *WAY* more than I earn on my first catty order!
Thanks Beate for starting this thread, it's nice to see how much you love something when you start typing it all out!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:37 PM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate
<edited> And the copper things. You are so right. I ordered every copper item in the catalog. And I can't wait for the vintage brads. I know I will order two of those...since they won't be available all year round and we can't run out, can we? Then I would just hyperventilate or something. LOL

Thanks again for changing the mood back to "Happy Stamping Place here"

Big hug!
Beate - in the teeny-tiny very light gray ink under the vintage brads it says "This product will be available in upcoming mini catalogs and the next Idea Book & Catalog!! No need to worry about running out!!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:39 PM   #53

Sorry about the way my last post looks I seem to have messed it up somehow! I quess I'm all excticed about this thread!
Jill

Old 07-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok I can't pick one thing but, I love that they are broke out into groups and color coded. The young girl stamps, more boy stamps, cute DD sets(my next purchase to do my daughter's room) and the paper and stamp sets together!! Wish they had more of those though.

Stormy
Old 07-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #55
Pearl-ExPert

Okay - my # one things new catty thing is...

I love the laugh attack that comes when my brain kicks back into gear after I've stared at the bottom of the page in shock because there are no page #s! (You'd think by now it would have sunk in but noooooooo, it still happens at least once a day!)

I love the sight of all the little yellow sticky notes poking up out of the top of my catalog!

I also love the new RMH Kid Cards set!!! As soon as I make my samples which will be as soon as the stamp set gets here which will be pretty soon after I order it (can you believe - I haven't placed a new catty order yet!), I'll submit a picture to the gallery to show you an update to a brainstorm I had last November using another crayon set!!

oh yeah back to my list...

The Christmas Globes wheel in the holiday mini

Little Layers Plus (hostess set)

Double Circle punch cause I could never get holes to lineup so nicely (even when I made a template by folding cardstock in half)

and that if you look at pthe punch page (222) upside down items# a6, a7 & a8 make a smiley face!

Best of all - I love having SCS to read & share all the excitment with! okay, I "cheated" - I wrote the website on a sticky note in my catty so I could include that!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #56
Crimping Master

I LOVE IT ALL AND MUST HAVE IT ALL!!!!!! I'm just wondering how they could possibly top this next year.

But the thing I love the most is working for and with an incredible company who listens to all our ideas and delivers on them!! (I'm all choked up over here--Yes, I did cry several times at convention when I attended last year)

*****KUDOS to STAMPIN' UP!*****
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #57
Inking Addict

I love Sassy Sayings, all the great new punches (I can't believe i have to wait until September for the Paper piecing!).

Love the new organizations and all the tips throughout. I have mostly beginners as my customers and that will really help then recreate what they see in the catty. Also love the Starter Kits...awesome idea!!

I love getting so much free stuff, even though i feel a tad bit guilty for buying so much!

Old 07-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #58

Oh geez! Until someone just pointed it out, I didn't even realize that they changed the simply scrappin from 8 1/2X11 to 12X12. Now I love them even more! Yahoo!

My observation skills are sorely lacking!!!!

dawn g

Old 07-21-2004, 02:09 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbstamper
I love the laugh attack that comes when my brain kicks back into gear after I've stared at the bottom of the page in shock because there are no page #s! (You'd think by now it would have sunk in but noooooooo, it still happens at least once a day!)
Wait a minute -- no page numbers?!? How do you match up the recipes and samples, then? Does this also mean no more stamp set and accessory indexes, either (those kinda need page numbers to be effective)?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #60
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Favorite new thing about the new catty? How about that I HAVE it!! The wait is over, now I have a million post it flags poking out of the top, different colors for different categories!! If I had to pick my favorite THING, though, that would be hard. As far as accessories, the Ink Pad holder and Tool kit are the BEST! But I love having two circle and two square punches to make and layer are wonderful! It's just impossible to pick one favorite stamp set. As soon as I say "All Wrapped Up," I see "Window on the World." Then, of course, In Full Bloom starts SCREAMING at me "use me! use me first!" But my favorite, Loving Hearts, is definitely calling out from the box, where it has been sitting since February. But, one of my favorites isn't even IN the catalog! Yep, it's the one they will bring out in October, that BEAUTIFUL Heart and Ribbon for the Breast Cancer Awareness month. Can't wait for that, I was SO happy to see that preview at Convention! So, naming one is just impossible. Can I just say I'd like them all???

Debbi
Old 07-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #61
Gabfest Goddess

Here I am bringing up the tail end of this thread!! I LOVE page 1 through 256!!!! Hows THAT!!!!!
Tandra ( My poor Aquabrushes and Sparkling Season and Quickstrips are backordered!!! BOOOOO!)

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

What love aboutthe new catty..

1. The starter kits. A great sales tool.

2. The helpful hints throughout.

3. The new punches.

4. The new background stamps.

What I DON'T Love....

That I can't afford to purchase everything I want!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #63
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Wait a minute -- no page numbers?!? How do you match up the recipes and samples, then? Does this also mean no more stamp set and accessory indexes, either (those kinda need page numbers to be effective)?
no, it just means that the page numbers are at the top of the page this year! Someone mentioned they didn't like that the page numbers have been relocated in another post somewhere so I was just putting a positive spin on it.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #64
Embossing Fanatic

Default what I love

I love----
new organization of catalog (makes much more sense)
samples are incredible
new ribbon colors for 3/8" organdy ribbon (a new favorite)
double circle hole punch
gray images
Phil 4:19 And my God shall richly supply all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Great new topic!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
"It's not that I don't like change...I just don't like being around when it happens!"
I Love the MICE!
I am going to have fun blessing my friends with Favorite Friends in page 105.
And I also love the pickup truck in the Holiday catalog.
So many cute ideas are springing up with that one!
Michelle
Old 07-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #66
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default um

um. . . the one thing I like about the new catalog would have to be. . .
EVERYTHING!
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM   #67
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Oh....and how about having assortments of Pearl Ex now!!!! LOVE it. NEED them! So much more economical!

my gallery - my blog
Old 07-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

Love, love, love everything....

But especially - Pretty Princess - b/c my 2-yr old is starting to love dressing up and this is going to be great for scrapbooking. I'm also hoping it gets here in time for me to use for a swap. I love her so much!!!

Sparkling Summer - it makes me happy!

Friend to Friend word set - this made me tear up when I looked at it!

Love the samples popping out! They are beautiful!

LOVE that my demonstrator/best friend (Jan.stamp) is getting her order tomorrow - woo hoo!!!!!!! (Mine will hopefully come next week).

Oh, I could go on and on and on......

Niki
Old 07-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #69
Pearl-ExPert

Oh!! I agree so much with Navywyf! My favorite thing has to be that I have my catalogs now, and I can pick mine up anytime I want! That's the best!!
~Alicia~
Old 07-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

no, it just means that the page numbers are at the top of the page this year! Someone mentioned they didn't like that the page numbers have been relocated in another post somewhere so I was just putting a positive spin on it.
Oh, okay! Whew!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:48 PM   #71
Gallery Gazer

I love everything about it. The new sets and the grey images are probably at the top of the list.

marlo
Old 07-21-2004, 06:15 PM   #72
Insane Embellisher

I love the starter kits-they're so helpful for someone who doesn't know where to begin. I'm so excited about the Brighter Tomorrow set. It's nice to have something more than just a sympathy set. That's one that's top on my list to get. I love all the shape stamps now-so many options. And one that makes me smile everytime I see it is the sardine stamp in the Birthday Banter set. Who would have thought that SU could make a tin of sardines look so cute!!! Don't know that I'll be getting that one, but it sure makes me grin! All in all it's a great catalog-lots of great new choices!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #73
Die Cut Diva

My turn:
I love the lighter images
I love that the price for a case went DOWN (who would have thought that)
I love all the copper accents.
I love most of the new sets

I love that I just put in a $600 workshop & $250 of it was mine
**Even more I love that of my $250 I only paid $100 because my friend owed me money
**And even more than that - I LOVE that I got $100 in hostess benefits - gotta love that hostess special right now. $350 of stuff for $100 -- not to shabby!!

Great thread Beate.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #74
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1170
I have to say, I love the catty, for the most part. The only thing I would change is the wheel list.

I LOVE the new All Wrapped Up and Accessories stamp set. That will be one of my first major purchases.
My All Wrapped Up comes TOMORROW!!
http://home.mn.rr.com/fuehrers/index.html
Old 07-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #75
Forum Fanatic

I love that I *finally* got to see one for real today... have my very own copy... with many thanks to my demo!!! Had to actually hide the catty for a bit from my 2 DD so I could get 1st dibs on it!!! After seeing the list of retired sets, I was so not sure that there'd be anything left to WANT... but a quick flip through and.... yes, there are sets that have my name written all over them!!! (too many to list in this post!!!)

~~ today. . . ~~

Old 07-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVE the layout of the catalog, much more professional and eye-catching.
I LOVE the way they showcased the colors within each color family, they are so much better now, you really see the true colors...less guessing.
I LOVE that the paper, inks and pads did not go up in price.
I LOVE so many of the stamp sets that I am having a hard time choosing...what is a girl to do?????
Old 07-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #77
Matboard Maniac

I haven't read through all the wonderful posts yet so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet - but I love the front part of the catalog where it shows how to cut the stamps; it shows the versatility of the stamps with several samples of different things made from one stamp set; shows the color coordination of all SU products; and shows samples of what you can do with wheels - things that should whet the appetite of the strongest person but also very informative as well

I too wasn't sure about the grey stamp images (I just have to have the catty in a good light - eyes just aren't what they used to be but they have grown on me. I love the way it makes the samples stand out.

And I love the way the accessories are showcased. I didn't they they showed up as well in last years catty. I had heard that they might be adding accessory type things in the mini cattys. If they do, that will let us keep up with what's going on in the scrapping/stamping world between yearly cattys.

And of course, I'm waiting to see what all the wonderful card gurus will do with all the new stamp sets. I'm sure they will make us fall in love with them down to the last one.

I can't believe I haven't put my first order in yet - gotta work on that tonight!!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #78
Matboard Maniac

I think my favorite thing about the new catalog is the way it flows...it is very user-friendly for someone who is new to SU! and I feel like it is a lot more organized. Those of use who have been stamping a long time tend to like our old "paradigms" of how things should be, but this new catalog seems to show many more "stylish" and "up-scale" uses of the stamps that I think will sell to people who are on a budget as well as those who are avid fans of all the design shows on TV now. They seem to have captured more of what I love about stamping...the time I get to spend with others who love creating things with their own hands.

I am an apartment-dweller, and I can't tell you how excited I was to see the "butterfly walls" inthe very front of the catalog! It immediately made me realize that my fear of stamping off cardstock was silly! I was looking at the catalog at work and so many of the nurses and therapists stopped by to ooh and aah and then commented on how the catalog was a much better quality than what they are used to from home-demonstrator catalogs, and marveled that they could get so many "free things" for such a small amount of money!

So now I am eagerly awaiting the OK for my stamping muscles to be used, because just from walk-bys while I was looking at the catalog, I have three bookings! I can't wait, because I am new and have never had a class or workshop yet!

Thanks for the question, Beate!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #79
Kookie Creator

I LOVE the wrapping paper. Since it is in the mini i guess i will really have to stock up!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:45 AM   #80
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Quote:

She just means the page numbers are at the top now! We are so used to them being at the bottom! I had the same problem at first!
I felt so stooopid!