Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Please HELP.. Bridal Shower or Wedding Favor ideas??

Looking for any and all bridal shower and/or wedding favor ideas, that I can make myself using SU products. I am a fairly new demo (YIPPEE ) and also just got engaged last week (Ohhh Yeah!). I love the idea of whatever I decide to make will be a personal gift from the both of us. I also love the candle idea as well...Please help... Thanks! Christine cconlon04
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Christine- Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your engagement, it's a special time!

I'm the wedding coordinator for our church, so I'm in the process of creating things for that purpose, but don't have a whole lot yet.

I did however help a bride this April with her wedding favors. We made cello bags filled with Hershey Kisses, and the wedding topper said, "Here's a few kisses from the new Mr. and Mrs." We printed it out on my computer, then stamped to decorate. It was the kind of topper that folds down the back- does that make sense? So the back was the entire length of the cello bag. We printed their new address on it, so you could look through the bag, and see the address. I hope that makes sense. I don't know if I have any more left, but If I do, I'll scan it for you.

Hope that helps! If it doesn't make sense, pm me, and I'll try to explain it better.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
Cardstock Collector

Congratulations!!!! Here are a couple ideas for you.

Get some match boxes (the small boxes that come with 50 matches in them). You can get them at Wal-Mart in the picnic supplies or housewares. Cover the boxes with card stoack (stamp designs on the cardstock before you cut it). Then decorate the boxes with bows, tiny flowers, etc. Print the personalization on seperate cardstock and glue it on.
Either leave the matches in the boxes, or remove the matches and replace with small hard candies.

Another idea is to get match books (the fold over kind that you tear the matches out). Cover the books with stamped cardstock. Embellish as you like.

Good luck!!!

Audrey Smith
Old 09-27-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Dirty Dozen Alumni

How exciting!!!

Do you have a theme or color palette yet? Elegant or casual? Maybe if we had more specifics it would be easier to come up with some stuff.

Here are a few ideas:
*Vellum sour cream twist conatiners filled with candy
*emboss in gold or silver on tissue and adhere (heat) to votive candles and place in either cello bags or organdy bags
*for a winter or valentine wedding make ornaments from tiles or craft store glass ornaments
*use SU diecut favor boxes for a fancy chocolate truffle or a tealight. stamp a tag also
*crystal votive holders from Michaels with a votive to match your colors placed in an organdy bag that has been stamped

I'll see if I can think of any more. In the meantime check out the gallery for some great samples. If you do something with candles be careful about what scent you choose. Some scents might not go well with food you are serving and can ruin a meal.

A couple of other cool ideas a friend of mine did at his wedding last year:
Each table had an individual wedding cake on it on a cake pedestal. Each cake was a different flavor and decorated differently (all same color). Killed 2 birds with one stone - cake and centerpieces. Plus got people to mingle as we were encouraged to go to different tables and try all of the cake flavors. It was gorgeous and tasty!!

Also for the table numbers they asked me to stamp a card for each table with the number on the front. My only requirement was to use ivory/silver/black (any combo) so I made each card different. Everyone at that table signed the card with an anniversary wish to the couple. The maid of honor got table photos from the photographer and put a photo inside each card. They willopen the cards on each anniversary to correspond with the table number...1 on 1st anniv., 2 on 2nd anniv. and so on. It was really cool.

Sorry such a long post. HTH.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #5
Goober-E LOST-E

Hi.
Just offering my two cents worth...
I've just recently started my own mini stamping business.
One of my first orders was for 35 stamped tile coasters for a wedding shower. A total of 70 were ordered - 35 of my design and 35 of a friends.
The family is a big Irish family and the coaster they ordered from me had an Irish blessing on it with Celtic knots and a shamrock.
I thought it was a clever idea to use them as a favor.
It's hard to give people things that they can acutally USE.

Good luck.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

My first question is what do you and your intended enjoy? Is there something special that the two of you like to do....sports, golf, cook, etc. What do you do for a living? Where do you live? Will you marry in the state you currently live in or somewhere else? The reason I ask this is....that I like to give things other than candy..I like to create things for guests that show personality...and have them go "hey, that was cool" and find the gift useful too. Tell us more about yourself...and I'll get back to you....
Old 09-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #7
Glitter Guru

Ok, I know this would be difficult to make yourself, but perhaps you could do the wrapping/boxing all cute...

My husband and I love to play games, so we gave playing cards with our picture on them(our engagement pic). Lots of people still say they play with their "kelly and jay cards". I have to admit, it's a little strange to play card games and see myself on the other side, but people really enjoyed them.

Good luck! and Congrats!
Kelly
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #8
Cardstock Collector

Default Favors??

Hi Everyone...Thank you so much for all your quick responses. Let me first tell you all a little about myself and Joe. Joe and I met at a bar in CT called 4-Play, aka Home Plate, aka End Zone. We both enjoy the "bar atmosphere..if you will" meaning we love to hang out with our friends and party. We already know our wedding will be a HUGE party! I don't want to do the little bottles of wine..b/c we just went to a wedding and they did that; which is fine; but I want to do something original. Still not sure what the colors will be since we haven't actually booked a date yet. We're going to the reception hall this Thursday morning.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:06 AM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess

Congrats on the engagement!

We got married in May. We wanted to give something that people could keep, unlike candy or food, so we did wine glasses and wine charms.

I will keep my mind open. I am actually helping out my fsil with ideas for hers also, they are getting married next October.

Good luck with the reception site!