Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #1161
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptownracer1 View Post
I have another Waverly stencil like in post #1133 (Chevron) if anyone would like it. Just send me a PM with your info. I can only mail in the U.S..
I saw it reduced at Walmart the other day and grabbed it up, as I thought someone here might like it. Sorry I don't have more to share now; still trying to catch up on housework; so far behind!

Wow Chris, how sweet of you to pick up a duplicate of that stencil to share. You've been more than generous in my opinion...and the housework does need to be done (unless we have a cleaning crew, which isn't so at my house!).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #1162
Polyshrink Goddess

In going through my craft stash, I found some stickers (some flat and some 3-D), and I think sticker sentiments for Breast Cancer. As I don't have a use for them I thought I'd ask if anyone might be interested. I need to find them again, after cleaning up for company, but didn't want to post if no one is interested.

If you would like to see them, I'll go ahead and post a photo..once I get my hands on them again!
Old 08-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #1163
Pearl-ExPert

The stencil I have available is the one in this picture. Can only mail in the U.S..
I hear ya Karen! I am having such a hard time making myself vaccuum. I'm not sure if it's the noise or what it is about it, that makes me hate to do it so much!

Quote:
I have five PIFs available. A couple of these have been offered before, but there are some newbies here who didn't see them. Just let me know what you'd like and send me your addy in a PIF. I can only mail in the U.S..

There is chipboard banners, chipboard flowers, Waverly chevron stencil, blending tool and chipboard ribbon sliders.Hope everyone is having an awesome day!
Old 08-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #1164
Polyshrink Goddess

Chris, I think it's partly that my vacuum is either too heavy (our large main one) or too difficult to get to (smaller upright vacuum in the laundry room) that makes me hate vacuuming. Or, maybe I just dislike housework and would rather be doing something fun..ha! Yeah..probably that last reason..
Old 08-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #1165
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
What a whirlwind of a July it's been for me. We had my granddaughter here for several days, right after we hosted family for a day of eating and visiting. Since my craft room doubles as the guest room I couldn't do any card-making but the worst part was having to clean it up so it was suitable for sleeping!!

Chris, yes, by it's very nature housework is never-ending. Why won't the furniture stay dusted once it's done?!! And don't get me started on vacuuming...ugh.

Sande, glad you got your electricity back but what a frightening storm. Hope no one you know sustained damage.

Jeri, I think most of us make more cards than we send out. That seems to be the nature of the hobby! I've been going through mine recently to see what I actually have!

Hope everyone is doing well on this first day of August.

Karen
God bless Roomba! I love having a robot vac! Now, if they'd only come up with a robot duster!!! I detest dusting, hm, that could be why surfaces in my house are white and furry???

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
kazeka and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #1166
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Chris, I think it's partly that my vacuum is either too heavy (our large main one) or too difficult to get to (smaller upright vacuum in the laundry room) that makes me hate vacuuming. Or, maybe I just dislike housework and would rather be doing something fun..ha! Yeah..probably that last reason..
Oh, yeah! That Kirby DH HAD to have? I can barely move the thing.

I'm just really glad we replaced the carpet in the living room & hall with hardwood, and that we're doing the same with the 3 bedrooms on the main floor shortly.

Cards request for Al:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #1167
Polyshrink Goddess

Pat, I've resisted getting a Roomba because our house is a split level so the poor little Roomba would spend all it's time trying to figure out how to get from one level to the next..haha! Oh, do you mean it couldn't do that unless I picked it up and moved it from level to level...yeah...that would just add another thing to my "hate to do" list! I do have to say that my Swiffer duster was a big improvement over dust cloths, because they reach high places.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #1168
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Oh, yeah! That Kirby DH HAD to have? I can barely move the thing.

I'm just really glad we replaced the carpet in the living room & hall with hardwood, and that we're doing the same with the 3 bedrooms on the main floor shortly.

We replaced the living room and dining area carpet with hardwood too, and I really wish I had done that with my craft room instead of replacing with new carpet. Now when I drop tiny embellishments, or even clear stamps or small dies, I can't find them in the carpet pile..argh!!!

We got a Rainbow vacuum...talk about heavy and cumbersome.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #1169
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Pat, I've resisted getting a Roomba because our house is a split level so the poor little Roomba would spend all it's time trying to figure out how to get from one level to the next..haha! Oh, do you mean it couldn't do that unless I picked it up and moved it from level to level...yeah...that would just add another thing to my "hate to do" list! I do have to say that my Swiffer duster was a big improvement over dust cloths, because they reach high places.
Should I mention we actually have 2 Roombas?

Found the first at a flea market, just the vac, no station or battery. Bargained that down to $40. DH had the time of his life, searching cheap parts for it and getting it running perfectly. It still came in way under retail. Then, being an engineer, and a deal buyer, he found a deal on a new one, which he just "HAD" to have, so we have 2. We only use the one. But it makes him happy to have a back up.

Cards request for Al:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #1170
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
We replaced the living room and dining area carpet with hardwood too, and I really wish I had done that with my craft room instead of replacing with new carpet. Now when I drop tiny embellishments, or even clear stamps or small dies, I can't find them in the carpet pile..argh!!!

We got a Rainbow vacuum...talk about heavy and cumbersome.
I have always wanted a Rainbow. One of the houses I used to clean had one. I just feel they get and trap the most dust, with the water! But yeah, heavy and awkward.

Cards request for Al:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #1171
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I have always wanted a Rainbow. One of the houses I used to clean had one. I just feel they get and trap the most dust, with the water! But yeah, heavy and awkward.

Yes, we got the Rainbow because my husband and I both have allergies. It does seem to clean MUCH better than the others we've had, but getting it up and down stairs...ugh. So we end up using the smaller, less efficient one most of the time. However, it's time for a deep cleaning and carpet shampoo so we'll bring out the big guns soon!

Still would much rather be stamping and die-cutting!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #1172
Pearl-ExPert

Most of the trouble I have cleaning is that I am sick so much. My syncope was bothering me badly today, and wouldn't let me stand up for long without getting really light-headed and weak. My heart was pounding before I even started vaccuming. Now my stomach is hurting and causing problems. When I feel good, I don't mind cleaning, but it just doesn't happen that often. I would rather be stamping too, but haven't been able to do much of that either. I do enjoy it when I have times I am feeling better.
It just doesn't seem possible that someone could be sick all the time, but it is what it is!
We only have one room with carpet now, and I am eager to get rid of it. Just waiting for the right time to get to it. We need to go through some stuff and organize, etc. before we get it done. At least that way, when I feel bad, I could just sweep a room at a time. I have to vaccuum too though sometimes, because we have four cats, and I don't want to have fleas. Even with putting the flea stuff on them, we have one that insists on going outside. I purposely put vinyl in my bathrooms and craft room. My mom laughs and calls it the cat's room, because the kitties have litter boxes in there, so I have to share the room with the cats. Not to mention, that they try to help me with all my craft projects! I don't know why people hate vinyl so much; it's the easiest to clean that there is! Have wood looking laminate in the other rooms, and I love it too, as it is easy to clean also.
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #1173
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Most of the trouble I have cleaning is that I am sick so much. My syncope was bothering me badly today, and wouldn't let me stand up for long without getting really light-headed and weak. My heart was pounding before I even started vaccuming. Now my stomach is hurting and causing problems. When I feel good, I don't mind cleaning, but it just doesn't happen that often. I would rather be stamping too, but haven't been able to do much of that either. I do enjoy it when I have times I am feeling better.
It just doesn't seem possible that someone could be sick all the time, but it is what it is!
We only have one room with carpet now, and I am eager to get rid of it. Just waiting for the right time to get to it. We need to go through some stuff and organize, etc. before we get it done. At least that way, when I feel bad, I could just sweep a room at a time. I have to vaccuum too though sometimes, because we have four cats, and I don't want to have fleas. Even with putting the flea stuff on them, we have one that insists on going outside. I purposely put vinyl in my bathrooms and craft room. My mom laughs and calls it the cat's room, because the kitties have litter boxes in there, so I have to share the room with the cats. Not to mention, that they try to help me with all my craft projects! I don't know why people hate vinyl so much; it's the easiest to clean that there is! Have wood looking laminate in the other rooms, and I love it too, as it is easy to clean also.

I had to ban my kitties from my craft room years back when one of them started spraying on my vellum papers. The were organized and stored on a shelf near the floor and something about the vellum just set him off. He was neutered, and had never sprayed until that happened. Then he started spraying on clear storage bags and on my scrapbook page protectors. Good thing I had page protectors on all my layouts because they would have been ruined. After he started doing that, another one of my kitties began to pee on my papers...and she was also neutered. Sigh... So there went my kitty craft-room buddies!
We still have vinyl flooring in our laundry room and downstairs bathroom and I love not having to worry about it. The cats used to sleep down there and all I had to do was mop. You can even get vinyl that looks like tile these days and I think I'll go with that in that area instead of the tile that my husband wants. No fuss is always a good thing.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:31 PM   #1174
Polyshrink Goddess

Chris,
Wow, sounds like you're having a tough time with your health right now. My husband had bouts of syncope a couple of years ago and actually passed out completely when we were on vacation in the mountains with our family. Fortunately, it ended with medication and using a CPAP. Hope you can start feeling better soon.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #1175
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Karen! We had issues with whizzing in the cat room at one point. That is why everything is up off the ground, and I use the rolling storage with drawers. I don't know what attracts them to plastic etc??? That's when we got vinyl flooring. But as it turned out, after making changes, it was better.
Right now my craft/cat room is a disaster, as I haven't felt up to cleaning or working in it yet. I have stuff piled up on my craft table. Still working on cleaning the rest of the house.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #1176
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Thanks Karen! We had issues with whizzing in the cat room at one point. That is why everything is up off the ground, and I use the rolling storage with drawers. I don't know what attracts them to plastic etc??? That's when we got vinyl flooring. But as it turned out, after making changes, it was better.
Right now my craft/cat room is a disaster, as I haven't felt up to cleaning or working in it yet. I have stuff piled up on my craft table. Still working on cleaning the rest of the house.

I don't know what it is about plastic either. 2 of my 3 cats like to chew on plastic bags (like WalMart bags) or other plastic things--you know, like phone cords, etc. I couldn't figure out why my house phone wouldn't charge and so had my husband find out why. He pulled out one end of the cord finding it had been all the way chewed through.

Somewhere, I read or heard something about plastic bags containing an ingredient in them that is made from catnip. Don't know how accurate that statement is.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #1177
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

That would explain a lot! My red tabby cat chews on plastic sometimes, so I have to make sure it isn't laying out. I was so relieved when they stopped whizzing on stuff. Had to throw stuff out and use plenty of enzyme spray when they were. Now they just like to lay in the middle of whatever I'm working on. Little monkeys! Into everything! Lol.
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:30 AM   #1178
Pearl-ExPert

Last call for the Waverly stencil. If no one asks for it, then it will go to a friend.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 AM   #1179
Pearl-ExPert

Whoo hoo! Someone asked for the stencil! So happy they can use it!
Stencil has been spoken for.
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #1180
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I've had a Rainbow since 1993. My ex and I saw them at the state fair and he went on and on about them. We got a sales call and they came to the house to demo it. Of course I had to vacuum before the lady arrived. And then she showed us how much my old machine was leaving behind. He was sold. I about had a coronary over what it cost, but we also got the power head and shampooer. 26 years later, it is still going strong and as cumbersome as it is to take up and down stairs, if it ever dies, I'll get another one.
Arlene_C, kazeka and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #1181
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Whoo hoo! Someone asked for the stencil! So happy they can use it!
Stencil has been spoken for.

Oh good! I was tempted to ask but I feel like I've already taken enough for now. You are so generous to have offered it after already PIF-ing so much.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #1182
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntangie View Post
I've had a Rainbow since 1993. My ex and I saw them at the state fair and he went on and on about them. We got a sales call and they came to the house to demo it. Of course I had to vacuum before the lady arrived. And then she showed us how much my old machine was leaving behind. He was sold. I about had a coronary over what it cost, but we also got the power head and shampooer. 26 years later, it is still going strong and as cumbersome as it is to take up and down stairs, if it ever dies, I'll get another one.

We saw the Rainbow demonstrated at a Home and Garden show where my daughter was manning a booth...and yes, they hooked me on the home demo. Still really feel like it's a very thorough and good vacuum and I would use it more often if not for all the stairs in our house. We use it whenever we need a deep cleaning, and before we shampoo the carpets.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #1183
Pearl-ExPert

Stencil went out in today's mail! Hope everyone is having a good week!
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #1184
Stazon Splitcoast

hmmm...everything has quieted down....

am hoping to find a few things to offer this next week...but since hubby has been on reduced hours I try not to "find" anything because sometimes it's harder with the shipping...it sure has gone up in the last few years...has anyone heard from hawaiian lately?
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #1185
Mad Swapper

Chris,

Thank you so much for the stencil. I received it today.

I will be putting some items together later this week to PIF. Hopefully, there might be something you can use.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #1186
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sek111sbc View Post
hmmm...everything has quieted down....

Too busy in the garden to spend much time on-line
kazeka and smileyj like this post.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 AM   #1187
Pearl-ExPert

I heard from her last week. She was planning on working on one of the challenges.
sek111sbc and smileyj like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #1188
Gallery Gazer

I have been sorting through more of my stamps. I hope to have some things ready to postin a couple hours.

My Gallery
FEB 2019 Cards for a Cause
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #1189
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha Sis Sandee and everyone....sorry life happens and many times it just takes over...miss all you loving wonderful amazing Sistahs!!
Mahalo fairy much Sis Chris for always being a constant and so loving . Yeps it's DTGD19 and I'm so not on it as I use to be . But hey it got me out of my lil corner!!
BBL time to upload more DTGD19
kazeka, hoptownracer1 and stampmontana like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #1190
Gallery Gazer

Hi Vicki,

You are really rolling on the DTGD challenges. I have checked your gallery. great cards!
I think I have finished about half of them. It is fun, but I know I don't have time for all of them.

Here is a card I made for DTGD with a diecut you gave me--

DTGD19MaryR917, Bewitching by stampmontana - at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you very much.

My Gallery
hoptownracer1 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #1191
Gallery Gazer

Ok I am finally back to post a few things looking for new homes.
Please send me a PM to claim either group 1 or Group 2.

I can only send in US at this time.
Attached Thumbnails
hpim1834-2-.jpg   hpim1837-2-.jpg  

My Gallery
Old 08-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #1192
Polyshrink Goddess

Default PIF

I need to post a few PIF's later tonight as well. Going through my craft room and re-organizing after we've had company!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #1193
Gallery Gazer

Set in Group 1 (Halloween) has been claimed. Group 2 is still available . Post#1191 above.

My Gallery
Old 08-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #1194
Pearl-ExPert

Love your card Jeri! It is awesome!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #1195
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampmontana View Post
Hi Vicki,

You are really rolling on the DTGD challenges. I have checked your gallery. great cards!
I think I have finished about half of them. It is fun, but I know I don't have time for all of them.

Thank you very much.
Oh My Goodness Sis what a gorgeous Masterpiece!! Love love what you did with it!!! Also so happy to see you playing DTGD as well....I to have a few more to go not sure I'll make queen status but being a princess is such a fabulous challenge is just as good to me!!! I too have used many PIF blessings I. My DTGD19 Challenges. I think I have about 7 more to go !!!:0)
Old 08-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #1196
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampmontana View Post
Hi Vicki,

Thank you very much.
Oh My Goodness Sis what a gorgeous Masterpiece!! Love love what you did with it!!! Also so happy to see you playing DTGD as well....I to have a few more to go not sure I'll make queen status but being a princess in such a fabulous challenge is just as good to me!!! I too have used many PIF blessings in My DTGD19 Challenges. I think I have about 7 more to go !!!:0)
Old 08-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #1197
Die Cut Diva

Hi everyone. Been a bit AWOL latey, but hoping I can get a few things posted within the next few weeks. Blessings to you all.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #1198
Pearl-ExPert

Hope you are doing well!
Old 08-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #1199
Gallery Gazer

These stamps are still available. PM me if you would like to claim them.

I can only mail in US.
Attached Thumbnails
hpim1837-2-.jpg  

My Gallery
kazeka likes this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #1200
Gallery Gazer

The stamps in previous post have been claimed.

My Gallery