Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #41
Compulsive Stamper

I ordered the Rustic Snowflakes set and Birthday Basics (from several releases ago). I don't make holiday cards, but thought the snowflake set would make good wintery cards...I also ordered some of the silver ribbons and the silver pen. I was disappointed that the embossing powder was already sold out. Oh well, there's always next month...

Last edited by mrst; 09-16-2008 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: sp.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #42
Matboard Maniac

I ordered Mazel Tov. It's about time that someone came out with a classy set of stamps suitable for sending to my Jewish friends. I have been searching for two years and this is the first set that I have seen that doesn't look cartoonish and silly.
Thanks PTI
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

Well,I woke up at 3 am and placed my first order ,while everyone was sleeping.I bought all of the 3 metallic papers and ribbons and spent $50.And this morning i ordered Boards and Beams, the new set that goes with it and Merry and bright.I am so addicted!!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #44
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Love the Mazel Tov set

I am actually in the process of placing my first ever Papertrey order right now! I love the Mazel tov and accessory set. It is beautifully crafted and thoughtfully designed. I am also getting some shimmer paper and I too missed out on the silver e.p.

Andrea
Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

I went way overboard this month (budget wise) and got 4 stamp sets, all the EPs, silver/gold ribbons & papers, blue metalic, and DP.

Has anyone gotten PTI's White Shimmer cardstock? How does it compare to SU's Shimmery White CS? I know it's slightly heavier, but does it have more sparkle?

ďAny time we canít solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.Ē ~Tony Blair
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #46
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresalairdView Post
I ordered home for the holidays and the snowman set. I don't have a snowman set (never got into SU's frosty or cold play) so this set has many many possibilities because you can customize each snowman. I also ordered the red paper and dark brown ink pad (didn't get those last time). Looking forward to getting my stuff. I tell ya I have been using mainly my clear stamps I 'm tempted to get rid of most of my SU sets but I am nervous that I may need a set for a project and not have it. Oh well. Everyone enjoy their new stuff.
I actually did get rid of almost all of my SU sets. After using the clear acrylic stamps, I find I don't like using the wood mounted as much. And everytime I sat down to stamp, I'd grab my Papertrey sets rather than my SU sets. It was a process ... I'd get rid of a few ... then several months later a few more, and on and on until I only have a few sets left. And I haven't missed them at all.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #47
Kookie Creator

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

[QUOTE=Kiko;11333796Has anyone gotten PTI's White Shimmer cardstock? How does it compare to SU's Shimmery White CS? I know it's slightly heavier, but does it have more sparkle?[/QUO

I have them both and it's apples and oranges. Way more sparkle but a completely different paper altogether. PTI is like an "in your face" sparkle while SU is more subtle, both have their uses...imho

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #48
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerrym38View Post
I actually did get rid of almost all of my SU sets. After using the clear acrylic stamps, I find I don't like using the wood mounted as much. And everytime I sat down to stamp, I'd grab my Papertrey sets rather than my SU sets. It was a process ... I'd get rid of a few ... then several months later a few more, and on and on until I only have a few sets left. And I haven't missed them at all.

I think I'm going to have to start doing that. I'm sure your right and I won't miss them because I a while back I sold a bunch of sets and haven't looked back. I still like SU's stamps but reach for my clear or UM stamps first.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

Holiday sets are the worst news for my budget. I'd been waiting for Guide Lines to be back in stock and it has been recently so I ordered it along with B&B and some coffee bags the day before the release as soon as I saw the preview of the holiday add on set. I was afraid that B&B would sell out if I waited for the release. So..... the morning after the release (missed the release party due to power outage - thanks to Ike) I ordered the Holiday add on, Snowmen set and had to order the poppy cardstock, ribbon and ink so I got my free shipping. I hope next month's sets aren't so cute!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=kimz1959;11334276][QUOTE=Kiko;11333796Has anyone gotten PTI's White Shimmer cardstock? How does it compare to SU's Shimmery White CS? I know it's slightly heavier, but does it have more sparkle?[/QUO

I have them both and it's apples and oranges. Way more sparkle but a completely different paper altogether. PTI is like an "in your face" sparkle while SU is more subtle, both have their uses...imho[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I have had SU's for quite some time but sometimes would really like a bit more zing in its sparkle. I'll put some PTI white shimmer on next month's order. I did get the gold and silver this time, and am anxious to put them next to SU's to see the difference as well.

ďAny time we canít solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.Ē ~Tony Blair