Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which paper for printing digital paper?

I've been using CRYOGEN WHITE for printing digital images for coloring and I've been using Staples matte white brochure paper for printing digital paper for card making. I'd like the digital paper to be printed on something a little lighter weight and a little less matte finish. Does anyone have any idea which paper to try and where to order it?

Terry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have presentation paper thats 28lb (4.9 mil) in matte that I use to print digi papers but I'm pretty sure it comes in glossy as well. The brochure paper I have is 9 mil, but it is thicker than the presentation paper. The nice thing about brochure paper is you can print on both sides. The presentation paper I have is only coated on one side, so you can only print on the coated side. You may be able to find a lighter weight brochure paper in glossy or semi-gloss. I have the Epson brand presentation paper, so you should be able to find it in any office supply store.

So, long story short , check your office supply store for presentation paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Solor White 80# by Neenah--my choice is governed by what I want to color with which is Copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGramsView Post
I use Solor White 80# by Neenah--my choice is governed by what I want to color with which is Copics.
I have some of the Solar White 80# because it was recommended on another thread "somewhere". It cuts with the Cameo beautifully but I think it's too heavy for digital paper although it's great for digital images to be colored.

I just ordered some Hammermill Color Copy Cover Stock, 60-lb as someone else had mentioned. I can't believe it's only $7.24 at Amazon!

Thanks for everyone's ideas.

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were asking about printing digi paper. I use Wausau Exact Index 110# for printing my digital stamps 99% of the time. It works beautifully with copics and pencil crayons with oms. I have also found Hammermil Digital Copy Cover 100# and it is excellent - very smooth stiff card - copics blend nicely on it, and its good for card bases as well. You can also get the hammermil is lighter weight too. Both of these can be bought at office supply stores. Some Walmarts carry the Wausau cardstock, but mine only carries it in 65# which works as well as the 110# for all the colouring I do. I just like the 110# because its nice for a card base.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Sorry, for some reason I thought you were asking about printing digi paper. I use Wausau Exact Index 110# for printing my digital stamps 99% of the time. It works beautifully with copics and pencil crayons with oms. I have also found Hammermil Digital Copy Cover 100# and it is excellent - very smooth stiff card - copics blend nicely on it, and its good for card bases as well. You can also get the hammermil is lighter weight too. Both of these can be bought at office supply stores. Some Walmarts carry the Wausau cardstock, but mine only carries it in 65# which works as well as the 110# for all the colouring I do. I just like the 110# because its nice for a card base.
Yes, I was asking about printing digi paper. The paper I've been using is just a little too heavy. It doesn't need to be so heavy for digi paper that will be used on a card. The Hammermill Color Copy Cover Stock, 60-lb that I ordered from Amazon today I "think" will be just about the right weight.

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdieluverView Post
Yes, I was asking about printing digi paper. The paper I've been using is just a little too heavy. It doesn't need to be so heavy for digi paper that will be used on a card. The Hammermill Color Copy Cover Stock, 60-lb that I ordered from Amazon today I "think" will be just about the right weight.

Terry
I haven't tried printing my digi papers on the Hammermill, but I'm sure it will be fine. I know from printing on other white cardstocks though that the prints come out very dull. That's why I prefer to use either the brochure or presentation paper - it keeps the colours vibrant. They have the same coating that photo papers have, so they won't fade quite as easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm not sure what weight Cryogen White you've been using for your images but it does come as a text weight paper as well as cardstock. If you've been using the cardstock, you might find the text weight is good for your digi papers. Paper Temptress stock it, not sure where else.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I'm not sure what weight Cryogen White you've been using for your images but it does come as a text weight paper as well as cardstock. If you've been using the cardstock, you might find the text weight is good for your digi papers. Paper Temptress stock it, not sure where else.
I didn't know the Cryogen came in a lighter weight. The cardstock seems just a tiny bit off-white though and it's noticeable if you compare 2 different printouts of the same digi papers, the other printed on white white.

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdieluverView Post
I didn't know the Cryogen came in a lighter weight. The cardstock seems just a tiny bit off-white though...
Yes, Cryogen White is a milky white, not a bright white (as well as having that subtle shimmer that's so pretty). That's why I wondered if the text weight might suit you if you're using the cardstock for your stamped images or card bases - you'd be printing on the same base colour.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I don't know if this will help I heard scrapbook designer paper is about the same weight as printer paper. I print a lot of my digi backgrounds on printer paper. The results are always pretty. I am not sure if that is archival either.

WM carries some nice lighter cardstock paper in a matte finish. You can find it in different weights. I buy mine in the office supply department.

Reply With Quote Likes