Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #41
Stampin' Fool

Thankyou for taking care of this daven. Appreciate it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

circut city again top of subscribed threads page at 7:50 p.m. mountain time

Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorindaView Post
not a complaint but a funny...there was an ad just now when I was answering a PM and it had audio for a $1K walmart gift card...I jumped out of my seat when the audio came on...LOL
This is how I just found out my speakers were turned to high volume by the kids.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #44
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
some of you are reporting seeing "popups", some of you aren't. it's probably all in the definition. we've never allowed true "pop up" ads here and never will. I don't believe one has ever slipped by our notice, but I could be wrong.

what you might be seeing are what's more commonly known as expandable ads. those are almost as hideous as popups, not quite. typically you'll roll over, or click one of these ads and it will expand to cover part of your browser window. we've also been hit by a circuit city ad that seemed to be auto-expanding. fortunately I think we've got this one killed now.

nothing has changed in our attitude about these types of ads, if you're seeing more of them lately it's unfortunate and unintentional. we're always on the lookout for anything inappropriate, tacky, annoying, etc. and try to get them removed as soon as possible.
Thanks Daven,
We all know that Splitcoast is always trying to make things even better for us. With advertising there is always a few bugs that need to be worked out but we all love this place and an ad or two could never keep me away. I'm sure most others feel the same way.
Hugs,
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

The basic problem is the advertisers themselves. Bless them, without their revenue a lot of sites would be no more, but still.... They just continue to re-work their ad delivery to overcome the defenses that people put up against them. Now that so many people prevent pop-up ads, they've come up with these nasty expandable ads. I hate them, lol! I also hate the expanding ads on the bottom of my television screen, but there's nothing I can do about them, unfortunately! At least at SCS, we have Daven to beat 'em back, lol!