Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2017, 05:27 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Beate was such a gift, wasn't she.

with the Poppin Pastels, at a stamp camp I went to once upon a time, the demo used a large butterfly die cut, then used a swirl background over part of it with the Versamark/pastels. Only the swirls got colored, but it was a soft, gentle blending of a range of colors. That was then mounted on a background that matched the color pallet. It was lovely!

ETA: I don't think I explained that very well. The pastels didn't get all mixed together, but the edges of one color into another softly blended. Also, the wings were popped up on the card a bit, which added some nice dimension. (yeah, I know, I should learn how to upload a card ... lol!)

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 09-06-2017 at 05:41 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mamaxsix likes this post.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Beate was such a gift, wasn't she.

with the Poppin Pastels, at a stamp camp I went to once upon a time, the demo used a large butterfly die cut, then used a swirl background over part of it with the Versamark/pastels. Only the swirls got colored, but it was a soft, gentle blending of a range of colors. That was then mounted on a background that matched the color pallet. It was lovely!

ETA: I don't think I explained that very well. The pastels didn't get all mixed together, but the edges of one color into another softly blended. Also, the wings were popped up on the card a bit, which added some nice dimension. (yeah, I know, I should learn how to upload a card ... lol!)
Whatever happened to Beate? I haven't seen her around in ages. I know she stopped doing the tutorials, but I don't see her posting anymore either.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:23 AM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Whatever happened to Beate? I haven't seen her around in ages. I know she stopped doing the tutorials, but I don't see her posting anymore either.
I think I heard that she got bitten by the knitting bug (if you haven't, and haven't explored Ravelry ... just, don't go there ... I have a love/hate relationship with a friend who talked me into taking a knitting class ... you cannot believe all the ways you can play with a couple of sticks and some fuzzy string, and how quickly you find 'deals' on all the pretty colors. gahhhhhh!) anyway, it would be kinda fun to know what has happened and where many of those wonderful people who helped get SCS started were, wouldn't it? (sorry, not meaning to take the thread off topic ...)
mamaxsix likes this post.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #44
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
I think I heard that she got bitten by the knitting bug (if you haven't, and haven't explored Ravelry ... just, don't go there ... I have a love/hate relationship with a friend who talked me into taking a knitting class ... you cannot believe all the ways you can play with a couple of sticks and some fuzzy string, and how quickly you find 'deals' on all the pretty colors. gahhhhhh!) anyway, it would be kinda fun to know what has happened and where many of those wonderful people who helped get SCS started were, wouldn't it? (sorry, not meaning to take the thread off topic ...)
Thanks!