Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2004, 07:54 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Go Wild Cats! Would have been Arundel Class of '81 but we moved after my sophomore year.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:58 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

Default Arundel...

To be honest, I didn't take Foods or Home Ec. Back then, I wasn't so crafty. I was a choir geek. My Sister took Home Ec and even Fashion Design. I can't remember what her teacher's name was. She graduated in 84. WEll, It's nice to see that there are a couple fellow Wildcats out there! Take Care - Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stolynn
My husband commutes from DC every day

LOL..after he commutes TO DC every day.

This area has always gotten a bad rap. lots of jokes made about the area, etc...I even crack my own LOL. It's really "small town".

Now, when it snows, people put "chairs" in their shoveled out parking spots. The first time I saw this when I came up here, I had to ask my husband what it was all about. He told me that people were saving their spaces. I died laughing. Being from PG Co., I thought...let me show you what we'd do with your chair and your space. Well...I've graduated. I now own traffic cones..and you'd better not mess with my space LOLOLOLOL We like to drive around and see what people "save" their spaces with. It's hysterical.
Hmmm, shoveling out and "saving" parking spaces...I'll have to remember that. DBf just bought and moved into a house in Springdale, and he commutes to his job in DC. I'm going to a wedding in Fairfax in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to see it! He says I have to see Kermit (the carpet in the family room, and the name refers to the color -- yikes!).

So many former MD people -- I'm wondering how many Splitcoasters actually do live there!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Hmmm, shoveling out and "saving" parking spaces...I'll have to remember that. DBf just bought and moved into a house in Springdale, and he commutes to his job in DC. I'm going to a wedding in Fairfax in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to see it! He says I have to see Kermit (the carpet in the family room, and the name refers to the color -- yikes!).

So many former MD people -- I'm wondering how many Splitcoasters actually do live there!
You'll have to pick another muppet that is a good carpet color so you can say something like "Kermit's okay, but I like ____________ better"
Old 08-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #45
Crimping Master

I grew up in MD!!

Mich - I grew up in Columbia! Where are you in Columbia? Your last name isn't Chandler is it?

I went to Centennial High School!

I miss the spring and fall and winter....I'm out in CA and we just have summer, which is nice but I miss the changing of seasons.

Oh, I miss the crab cakes too! Everytime I go back I have to get some crab cakes. I went to a "crab feast" here and the crabs were cold! Can you believe that?!?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Amazing! Ok...we have 14 in Maryland and 5 who used to be here.
If I am counting correctly!
Yes, Pam, the heat and humidity are killers!
And yes, people save their shoveled out winter car spots with summer lawn chairs.
And yes, traffic slows to a crawl on route 95 because of "sun glare" which they actually announce on the local radio station. Better get very dark sunglasses if you are headed here!
It's a quirky place, but I love it here!
Michelle
Old 08-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #47
Kookie Creator

eschader - I'm sorta near centennial h.s. - I'm in Dorsey Search. And nope, sorry not last named Chandler.

For anyone in the Columbia area, they just opened a new scrapbook store on Snowden River Pkwy.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:01 PM   #48
Cardstock Collector

Default Im from Maryland too!

Hello Everyone, This is my first post...atleast I think so..hope it doesnt show up four times...I have tried 4 times to do it and it won't show up I am shy so I have been kind of scared to post but I couldnt resist this topic ) I am from Pasadena, Md. I have lived in the area my entire life. I have only been stamping for about a year but love it!!! I loved it so much I decided to become a Stampin Up demonstrator about six months ago! This website and all of you have just been the best source of information and I enjoy reading the posts so much..hopefully I'll feel more comfortable posting more now
Old 08-15-2004, 04:09 PM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

<<Hello Everyone, This is my first post...atleast I think so..hope it doesnt show up four times...I have tried 4 times to do it and it won't show up I am shy so I have been kind of scared to post but I couldnt resist this topic ) I am from Pasadena, Md. I have lived in the area my entire life. I have only been stamping for about a year but love it!!! I loved it so much I decided to become a Stampin Up demonstrator about six months ago! This website and all of you have just been the best source of information and I enjoy reading the posts so much..hopefully I'll feel more comfortable posting more now >>

Hi, neighbor! I'm in Pasadena, too!! Where exactly are you? I live on Disney Avenue.

Mary
Old 08-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #50
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458
<<Hello Everyone, This is my first post...atleast I think so..hope it doesnt show up four times...I have tried 4 times to do it and it won't show up I am shy so I have been kind of scared to post but I couldnt resist this topic ) I am from Pasadena, Md. I have lived in the area my entire life. I have only been stamping for about a year but love it!!! I loved it so much I decided to become a Stampin Up demonstrator about six months ago! This website and all of you have just been the best source of information and I enjoy reading the posts so much..hopefully I'll feel more comfortable posting more now >>

Hi, neighbor! I'm in Pasadena, too!! Where exactly are you? I live on Disney Avenue.

Mary
Hi Mary! Nice to meet you neighbor I live off of Outing Avenue.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Chelle- are you a demo or like me- just a very good customer?

Mary
Old 08-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #52
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458
Chelle- are you a demo or like me- just a very good customer?

Mary
Mary, I was a very good customer but just got sooo into it I became a demonstrator about six months ago. I first started to just get the discount and thought of it as a hobby but I have done about 15 parties now and they are so much fun! My favorite are the stamp camps I have at my house
Old 08-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #53
Polyshrink Goddess

i'm a montgomery county girl too. i've spent way too much money and taken many classes at scrapbook corner. went to their last crop, but wasn't at the one this weekend.

charelston may not do crabcakes well, but the she-crab soup there is to die for!!

used to work with MICH, and i do believe i am partially responsible for her current stamping addiction. sorry chimelle!

and i'll have you all know that my hometown of dormont, PA (just south of pittsburgh) was on the national news a few years ago when our road crew went around and picked up all the chairs that were saving people shoveled out parking spots, and dumped them all in our pool parking lot. people had been doing that since i was a kid (far too long ago). we couldn't believe that all of a sudden the boro was putting a stop to it. it was funny to see it on the national news though!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:37 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: Im from Maryland too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelle695
This is my first post
Hi and welcome!
THis is a great place!
Glad you decided to chat!
Michelle
Old 08-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #55
Inking Addict

OK, cheating here - living in Northern Virginia, but went to UMD (GO TERPS!). My parents first home was in Bethesda (although I never lived in Maryland until I went to school there), so I feel I have some roots!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:57 PM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

TerriAB - you can be an honorary member like me
Old 09-27-2004, 08:01 PM   #57
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart
Amazing! Ok...we have 14 in Maryland and 5 who used to be here.
If I am counting correctly!
Add one more to your count - I'm a Marylander too!

Born and raised on the Westside of Cleveland OH and migrated south in 1989 - married in 1991 and have been here ever since!!

Lived in Laurel when First married - Howard County side - three blocks from Savage mill! (route 1 and 32)

Currently Live in Severna Park - Literally 2 blocks from Camsmom!!! I think she has a "winter view" of my house! LOL!

Smiles

Kate
Old 09-28-2004, 04:34 AM   #58
Matboard Maniac

I live in Gaithersburg, MD (Montgomery County)--just a 10 minute drive to Scrapbook Corner! I took the all day marathon class there a few months ago..FUN!

Once a month, I teach a beginning scrapbooking class at the Kentlands Michael's--check the schedule and stop by and visit.

Has anyone been out to the scrapbook store in Damascus--I think it's called Roby's Photo Shop (or something close to that).

Any GWU alumni?

Michele
Old 09-28-2004, 12:09 PM   #59
Rubber Obsessor

I can't believe there's no one from farther west than Hagerstown. I'm technically from Northern Virginia (now), but I spent the first 24 years of my life in Allegany County. I'm from Mount Savage - that's near Cumberland for those who haven't heard of it. Talk about being from the boonies!

Tracey
Old 09-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #60
Pearl-ExPert

Default MARYLAND

HI,

I was on another post about MD earlier but I see my post isn't on this one, so it was a different one altogether.
Anyhow, I am in Columbia, MD. Before that lived in Laurel for 30 years (OK, I'm no spring chicken!) Mich is my daughter and Chelsea Cat is responsible for us being addicted to stamping.
This site is great and everyone seems so nice! So now Im addicted to SCS as well as to stamping!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Love it in Columbia, MD

The first place my husband and I lived in was Foxfire Apts in Laurel, MD. We've also rented in Germantown, MD but now own our first home in Columbia, MD (Village of Owen Brown). I love being able to walk to restaurants and stores, something I hadn't been able to do ever since I moved to the US in 1991.

Born and raised in Belgium,

Vera
Old 09-28-2004, 06:25 PM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

ok, I've seen surrounding counties, but none from St. Mary's.....Leonardtown. My husband works Patuxant Naval/air base. We are from western PA....Slippery Rock.....moved to SC 9 years ago where we lived for 4 years, Givhans, which is about 30 minutes from Charleston. We moved here about 5 years ago. Anyone nearby????
Joyce
Old 09-29-2004, 05:20 AM   #63
Pearl-ExPert

Oh! I missed this post earlier! Add me to the count.

I'm out in the sticks in Taneytown, lost somewhere between Carroll and Frederick Counties (we have two library cards--it actually works out pretty nice!).

Boy, there are a lot of you in Columbia!

If you girls are interested in meeting up, check out the thread I started: Maryland Stampers. We are talking about meeting up in Frederick.

my blog | the hybrid chick
Old 09-29-2004, 05:42 AM   #64
Polyshrink Goddess

Britta ~ I just read this thread and saw my badly worded August 14 post ~ of course I know who you are, I was saying Hi, badly, lol.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 AM   #65
SCS Moderator

so did anyone do an official count of those who currently live in MD?

(and HI erica! )