Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Glitter Queen

Default Newbie here! How to use unmounted stamps with foam backing?

I just got my first set of Stampin Up! stamps and I can't wait to use them! I'm pretty sure I don't want to mount them on the wood blocks though. I tried to look for info on how to use unmounted stamps, but all the info I found was for stamps with no backing. As I'm sure you know, my SU! stamps have the foam backing. What do I need to do so that I can use them on my acrylic blocks? TIA for any help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Here's a video that will show you how to mount and cut stamps on ez mount cushion or by using tape for stamps without using the wood blocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROM-hOaapM

Both of these require that you remove the SU foam cushion from the stamps. The way that you do that is to place it in your microwave oven for 10 to 15 seconds which will soften the glue, then pull the rubber off the foam.

Another option is to buy a piece of vinyl (Graphix) that you can place the stamp on with the SU foam still attached. I think they sell it at Sunday International along with the cling foam.

Another option is to use the thin ez mount and put it on the SU foam back to create a cling surface. Also sold at Sunday International.

HTH,

Deloris

Last edited by deeth1; 01-26-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!