Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

I downloaded the catalog and have to say for the most part, I'm disappointed. I've been a fan and customer for many years and didn't find more than a couple of sets that I want, along with a couple of wheels, punches and DP. With the lack of products from the new catalog that I love, I'm really considering quitting my monthly stamp club because I don't think I'll find enough product to order without resorting to purchasing items I don't need or love. I'm sure the mini catalogs will have more products to love, but in the past 2 mini catalogs, I loved the winter and hated most of the summer. It could be that since I have been stamping for many years that these sets look similar to stuff I've already owned or seen.

Deb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #82
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSE View Post
I downloaded the catalog and have to say for the most part, I'm disappointed. ... I'm sure the mini catalogs will have more products to love, but in the past 2 mini catalogs, I loved the winter and hated most of the summer. It could be that since I have been stamping for many years that these sets look similar to stuff I've already owned or seen.

Deb
I think this is a problem for all of us who have been stamping for a looooonnnng time and have huge hoards of stamps, LOL! I have so many flower stamps that it would take something extra special and different to make me buy a flower set.

The sets I found most appealing and simply HAVE to get from this catalog are Aviary and Growing Green. I don't have a single birdcage stamp and never bought 5th Ave Floral. Growing Green isn't like any other outline leaf/flower stamp sets I have, and it's totally a CAS set...those light lines don't need to be colored in. Can't wait to play with it.

Most of the other sets I really like in this catalog are fairly close to ones I already have, such as the Morning Cup set. The question is, do I like them MORE than what I already have, enough to replace the old? Only time will tell.

I do think for those who are just starting out or who haven't over-bought in the past, there is a lot of fun stuff in this catalog, and I've really enjoyed looking through it again and again!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #83
Crimping Master

Just made my stamp list... it is weird; there are some stamps I am sure should be listed as 'new' that aren't, and they only come in the wood mount option.

I think SU! will eventually retire/phase out all the wood mount only ones so I won't decide on any of those until that happens.

Here's my first draft list:

Studio Sketches - definitely getting this one
Gifted
Greeting Card Kids
Morning Cup
Crosses of Hope
Little Lambs
The Nicest Things
Friends Never Fade
Happiness Shared
Printed Petals
Just Believe
Country side
HomeGrown
Uncharted Territory
In Wilderness
Plant HOpe
Perfect Punches
Elements of Style
Word Play
Curly Cute
A Word for You
Four the Holidays
Old 07-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #84
Crimping Master

I LOVE this catalog. I thought the addition of some vintage items is so great. There are SO many sets that I need to have, and the DP is beautiful. I can't wait to get my order in!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #85
Stampin' Fool

I love the overall look of the catalog. I think it's beautiful and I love having all the samples to look at for inspiration.

I only have 5 stamp sets on my wish list; and after careful consideration decided I didn't really want to buy any of them. The BBQ set and the Morning Cup caught my eye but I really only like the grill image in the BBQ set. One stamp out of 14 is not a good way to spend my crafting bucks. Same with Morning Cup. I only liked 2 or 3 of the images.
The other sets I was lukewarm about anyway so I'll pass.

I will be ordering some new colors. I really want Cherry Cobbler and Razzleberry. I am disappointed in the complete lack of ribbon in Cherry Cobbler though. I am hoping some will show up in the next mini. I also want Soft Suede and I will be getting the ink and marker for Crumb Cake ( formerly known as Kraft ).

There are more stamp sets I want from other companies these days. Unless the next mini can really give me a holiday set I "must" have....it looks like SU will become mostly my ink and paper place. For that reason, and a little bit lack of funds I won't be continuing in my club this year either. I can't save up money to be sure I have enough for the club minimums over the next year when there are other stamps I want elsewhere.

I do WISH there was a way to get a new insert for the marker case without having to buy all the new color markers! I only am interested in a few of the new colors but would really like the new insert!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #86
Stampin' Fool

Why are two of the retro kits not listed in the catty? One is for Classic Pads(6) + paper. for 34.95 and the other is for 16 ink pads + paper for 94.95. Neither are listed in the catty that I can find. By my calculatons the paper is free. I just ordered 5 of the 6 ink pads in the retro kit. Had I known about the kit I would have ordered all six even though I wasn't sure about the sixth color..more cost effective. All the other retro kits are there, markers, pastels, in colors, crayons. Unless I just missed it, I'm annoyed at this.

I do like the catty and found plenty to order. Not so much in stamps but love the new storage items, colors, ribbons & DP. I love SU products because everything matches. Did notice a few holes in ribbon colors available. I am confident will see more in future minis like Cherry Cobbler since it is a Christmas color....I hope!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

What happened to kraft colored ink? Or is crumb cake the new kraft so it's crumb cake ink?

Ok here is my rough first list, I will NOT get this much, I like to say under $200.

Wicked cool
haunting hill
greeting card kids
2 step owl punch
funky four
new in color assortment 8x11 paper
color coach (very excited about this)
marina mist 8x11 paper
basic gray 8x11 paper
black 12x12 paper
crumb cake 12x12 paper
8x11 neutrals assortment paper
Patterns print paper neutrals
sweet and sour DP
Love letter DP
Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon
Marina mist striped grosgrain ribbon
Extra large Scallop punch
Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #88
Stampin' Fool

Erin, Kraft was renamed Crumb Cake
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #89
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieDee View Post
I'm a bit disappointed. Not a single Hanukkah or Jewish celebration stamp of any kind?

wow.
Billie Dee-

the set from last year's catty called Shalom Sayings is still available for purchase; just not in the catalog. You can find it and 3 other sets under Carryover Products on the website. HTH
Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #90
Inking Addict

I went on line to see the catalog and I have not seen a single stamp that I would
buy the colors and Ink I will buy. the one stamp I wanted is gone from the catalog
and it did't show up on the retired list so now I dont know if I can get it and that is
the wolf and deer under the tree I never saw it on the retired list so I figured it would
be in the catalog this year but it's not.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #91
Hardware Hotshot

Stamping deborah-- The tree, wolf and deer is Natures Silhouettes and is in the new catalog on page 117
Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #92
Polyshrink Goddess

Have all demos received their catalogs? Mine says she hasn't gotten it yet even though she ordered in time. She's telling us that we won't get our catalogs until mid month at the earliest.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #93
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELSE View Post
Have all demos received their catalogs? Mine says she hasn't gotten it yet even though she ordered in time. She's telling us that we won't get our catalogs until mid month at the earliest.
Mine just told me she didn't get hers yet, but I don't know when she ordered them.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #94
Inking Addict

thanks barbara for letting me know I was looking in the clear stamps and forgot to look in the wood block stamp sets. I quess you need to look in both places I will have to get me a book it's to confussing online.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #95
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, after three trips through the catalog and marking all the sets in it that I already own....I still have 16 sets on my think about list.....and only two of them have definate yeses beside them.....but that is my method...list the ones I think I would use a bunch....then back off, go through the sets I already own and see if I could come close...
EXample: Out West......except for the mounted cowboy I have stamps so very similar to the boot, hat, horseshoe and steer head---size and amount of detail might vary but I can still create a Western card----so it will probably be marked off the list . I think I am going to like some of the new colors a great deal...and will buy a bit at a time... Recently retired, I am learning to live on a new income schedule and amount so will be taking baby steps for a bit.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Old 07-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #96
Compulsive Stamper

I have been a demonstrator for over 10 years and am very disappointed in the stamp sets. I haven't found any must haves. There is no great christmas sets. A two year old can draw better than some of the sets. There is so many other companies that have much more creativity in there sets. Sorry for the downer. I do like the accessories. I'm bummed!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #97
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemichelle View Post
There is no great christmas sets.
Uh, won't there be a holiday mini?
Old 07-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #98
Glitter Queen

Overall, I liked the new catalog. Some of the color combos with the new colors seem jarring to me, but I really like many of those colors when paired with neutrals. I love that vintage is popular again-I love that style. I've been using SU products for 11 yrs now, so like many of the commenters, there aren't as many stamp sets that caught my eye because I have something that fills that need or seems similar. Elizabeth, the Very Vintage jumbo wheel, and the new Elegant Lines embossing folder are on my list. Kimono Kids is super cute. I love the fern stamp in Growing Green--I could see this watercolored in shades of green and it would work on a masculine card, too--but I'm not in love with the other three stamps in the set. I'll wait to see what people come up with on this set to decide. I'll be ordering asst'd paper packs in the new In Colors, Subtles, Brights, and Regals, to try out the new colors. Once I see how many of these I'm using, I can better determine whether I want to invest in the inks or watercolor crayons.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #99
Polyshrink Goddess

The ribbons are a mystery to me. All the ribbons come in the same colors. What's up with that?
Also was hoping for some new Christmas stamps that can be watercolored. Maybe the next Mini will have them but I like to start real early since I have so many to make.
And the DSP in color family packs for $19.95. Hmmmm......

Other than that I love the new catty.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #100
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKI View Post
The ribbons are a mystery to me. All the ribbons come in the same colors. What's up with that?
Also was hoping for some new Christmas stamps that can be watercolored. Maybe the next Mini will have them but I like to start real early since I have so many to make.
And the DSP in color family packs for $19.95. Hmmmm......

Other than that I love the new catty.

I don't think SU management thought this out before they decided to bundle all the colors together.
I don't like all the new colors . In the past I bought the DP to match the solid CS and inks that I bought. Now I can't do that

The new colors that I like and bought are Pear Pizzazz and Cherry Cobbler. I won't spent $6.95 or $19.95 to get 4 sheets of DP in each color .
So, I am looking at making my own DP to match my solid CS.

SU didn't consider the people who mass produce Birth Announcements, Baby or Wedding Shower invitations . They can't use SU DP.
I hope they reconsider this decision.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #101
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't know if the mini question got answered....kind of went blurry eyed with all the posts

Holiday Mini goes live Sept 1 and demos get to see it this month! I was all crazy for the new catty now I'm waiting on baited breath for the mini, it's always something, LOL!

I LOVE the new catty and can't wait for the mini as I have all I want from the summer mini, I think anyway! The holiday one is always my fave anyway....I think there will be lots of BS stuff in there too!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 07-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #102
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elizabeth View Post
I picked up my new catalog last night. What do you think of it?
I ♥ it!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #103
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mouse View Post
Well, after three trips through the catalog and marking all the sets in it that I already own....I still have 16 sets on my think about list.....and only two of them have definate yeses beside them.....but that is my method...list the ones I think I would use a bunch....then back off, go through the sets I already own and see if I could come close...
EXample: Out West......except for the mounted cowboy I have stamps so very similar to the boot, hat, horseshoe and steer head---size and amount of detail might vary but I can still create a Western card----so it will probably be marked off the list . I think I am going to like some of the new colors a great deal...and will buy a bit at a time... Recently retired, I am learning to live on a new income schedule and amount so will be taking baby steps for a bit.

I loved reading your thought process and process of elimination. (Much like my own).
Wondering what your thoughts are on Wellness Wishes. I'm perplexed. The ugly bandaid and ugly dog with the gorgeous sentiment. I want the sentiment, but I'm not paying $15.00 for it.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #104
Cardstock Collector

Default New Color Kit Colors

I do like this catalogue, and have found a few sets I like.

I also like the new colors, although after having just bought 2/4 full size stamp pads for the color groups, I wish they had of given more notice about the change, or I wouln't have bought the full size pads until after the new book came out.

I noticed in the colors listed for the New Color Kits, that Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede are NOT included in the new color kit for the markers, but are for the Pastels and Watercolor Crayons new color kit? Does anyone know why this is, especially when those 3 colors are listed for the marker in the color groups? And those 3 colors are even on the new template for the marker case?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen2005 View Post
I do like this catalogue, and have found a few sets I like.

I also like the new colors, although after having just bought 2/4 full size stamp pads for the color groups, I wish they had of given more notice about the change, or I wouln't have bought the full size pads until after the new book came out.

I noticed in the colors listed for the New Color Kits, that Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede are NOT included in the new color kit for the markers, but are for the Pastels and Watercolor Crayons new color kit? Does anyone know why this is, especially when those 3 colors are listed for the marker in the color groups? And those 3 colors are even on the new template for the marker case?

Thanks
The marker kit is only for colors that never had a marker offered. Those three colors were last years in colors and did in fact have markers offered. So they did not put them in the kit as many already have them and would be buying Duplicates. You can get those three individually and yes there is a space for each of them in the new insert.

Check out my blog

Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns View Post
I loved reading your thought process and process of elimination. (Much like my own).
Wondering what your thoughts are on Wellness Wishes. I'm perplexed. The ugly bandaid and ugly dog with the gorgeous sentiment. I want the sentiment, but I'm not paying $15.00 for it.
I have DEEP love for the bandaid. I can't decide if I want to buy that set because the prayer sentiment is so nice, I'd use that, the bandaid it STINKING ADORABLE then there is the very sick dog. I know dog lovers, even one who loves the most ugly dogs she can find... but ugh!

But don't call the bandaid ugly! It's one of my most favorite stamps EVER. haha.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

UGH I've cut my list too far now!

I always save for this time and tell myself to splurge a bit, but then I keep saying, "Do you NEED 80 sheets of 12x12 cardstock?" Or whatever.

Anyhow here is my new list:

Wicked cool 120600 14.95
Greeting Card Kids 120633 15.95
in color assortment 8x11 119797 6.95
Sweet and Sour DP 117390 11.95
Love Letter DP 117162 9.95
two step owl 118074 16.95
cardstock and ink new color combo 120950 34.95
in color 12 inch assort 119799 10.95
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 AM   #108
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
The marker kit is only for colors that never had a marker offered. Those three colors were last years in colors and did in fact have markers offered. So they did not put them in the kit as many already have them and would be buying Duplicates. You can get those three individually and yes there is a space for each of them in the new insert.
Thanks! I haven't bothered with the In Colors the last couple years or so as I wasn't really using the In Colors I did buy, so I didn't really pay attention to the markers or anything that had to do with the in colors. That makes sense now
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBlossom View Post
Growing Green isn't like any other outline leaf/flower stamp sets I have, and it's totally a CAS set...those light lines don't need to be colored in. Can't wait to play with it.
Hey stampin sister! I know you're CAS, and I can agree that this set would be awesome for that.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm a LL (Layer Lover) and that was the first set I ordered because I thought it would be lovely to watercolor. I can't wait to see what you'll do with it!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #110
Stampin' Fool

Can somone answer this please:

Why are two of the retro kits not listed in the catty? One is for Classic Pads(6) + paper. for 34.95 and the other is for 16 ink pads + paper for 94.95. Neither are listed in the catty that I can find. By my calculatons the paper is free. I just ordered 5 of the 6 ink pads that are in the retro kit. Had I known about the kit I would have ordered all six even though I wasn't sure about the sixth color..more cost effective. All the other retro kits are there, markers, pastels, in colors, crayons. Unless I just missed it, I'm annoyed at this.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen2005 View Post
Thanks! I haven't bothered with the In Colors the last couple years or so as I wasn't really using the In Colors I did buy, so I didn't really pay attention to the markers or anything that had to do with the in colors. That makes sense now
It's all very confusing, I know!!! Happy to help!

I am happy that SU did the kit so that we didn't have to buy duplicates! I hate having more than one of something because of a situation like that....like when I signed up I got another pastel set....cuz I need 2

Check out my blog

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #112
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Love the sentiment but not the rest.......have other get well stamps and ideas so will pass on this set....(It didn't make the top 16--LOL)

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #113
Pearl-ExPert

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
I have DEEP love for the bandaid. I can't decide if I want to buy that set because the prayer sentiment is so nice, I'd use that, the bandaid it STINKING ADORABLE then there is the very sick dog. I know dog lovers, even one who loves the most ugly dogs she can find... but ugh!

But don't call the bandaid ugly! It's one of my most favorite stamps EVER. haha.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... i'm so sorry. I didn't mean to talk bad about your bandaid. I get so comfortable talking to everyone here (like sitting around in my living room talking to my sisters and friends) that I forget that the person who actually drew that stamp might actually be reading this. And I would feel terrible if I hurt someone's feelings.

I need to keep my opinions to: that's not my taste, or that's not my style.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #114
Insane Embellisher

Just got my copy and sad to say nothing really made my say "gotta get that!". Maybe a few embossing folders, but all of their stuff is just too d*mn spendy unless you are a demo.

I really like all the new colors.....but probably won't go crazy buying them all -maybe just the brights. I was rather disappointed by the small offering of stamps that are clear mount (I kind of figured it would be this way) I was hoping for more "new' designs but it seems to be mostly the same old-same old. I've never been a huge SU fan anyways...................so I'll keep shopping elsewhere.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #115
Kookie Creator

Default Disappointed

I was disappointed that the old stamps weren't available in clear. I only like 2-3 stamp sets that are new out and the new embossing folders. That is it and those I can do without. I usually buy $50.00 or more a month of SU but I have to say.....that money will be spent elsewhere. I'm just not that impressed with the new colors either. I liked the old colors better. I was also expecting more Big Shot die cuts. I wished they had brought back some of the best selling older stamp sets from years ago so some of the new customers could buy them. I'm really bummed.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #116
Gallery Gazer

What I'm reading in this thread is either you love SU or you don't. Either you started out loving them and have been at the crafting thing a long time and have become disenchanted with them or they really never floated your boat to begin with. I'm one of the ones who loved them from the beginning and still do. I guess it is like anything else. There are many different tastes and styles and that is why there are sooooo many companies out there. For example the Magnolia images are just not my style and they definitely don't float my boat but I do see some really nice works of art created with them. I like having a stamp set because it is all I need in one package for a sentiment and stamps to use for the main image and some background stamping, etc. To each his/her own.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckaroni View Post
I was disappointed that the old stamps weren't available in clear. I only like 2-3 stamp sets that are new out and the new embossing folders. That is it and those I can do without. I usually buy $50.00 or more a month of SU but I have to say.....that money will be spent elsewhere. I'm just not that impressed with the new colors either. I liked the old colors better. I was also expecting more Big Shot die cuts. I wished they had brought back some of the best selling older stamp sets from years ago so some of the new customers could buy them. I'm really bummed.
I think that the new BS stuff will mostly be left to the mini catties! I think that's the general idea floating around too...and I for one was not surprised that most "old" sets were not available in clear...I had hoped that they would be but when they went to the die cut stamps it was much the same, the older ones were not retrofit Oh well...I've been trying to hold off on buying some wood ones but I'm slowly breaking down...must resist.....oh well resistance is futile I should know that by now!

Check out my blog

Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #118
Mad Swapper

The sick dog was perfect for my scrapping page about our dog...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=105966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K

Old 07-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... i'm so sorry. I didn't mean to talk bad about your bandaid. I get so comfortable talking to everyone here (like sitting around in my living room talking to my sisters and friends) that I forget that the person who actually drew that stamp might actually be reading this. And I would feel terrible if I hurt someone's feelings.

I need to keep my opinions to: that's not my taste, or that's not my style.
Oh hun! Don't be sorry, I was totally teasing! I do like the bandaid, but I don't expect anyone else to like it!

I sometimes wonder if the stamp artists read this too. I figure at that level of professional art you must know that some folks will love your work and some will not like it at all.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
Oh hun! Don't be sorry, I was totally teasing! I do like the bandaid, but I don't expect anyone else to like it!

I sometimes wonder if the stamp artists read this too. I figure at that level of professional art you must know that some folks will love your work and some will not like it at all.
The bandaid is cute but what really gets me about this set is that the three images don't seem to "go together" at all! They seem to be a mix match of styles. It's a head scratcher!

Check out my blog