Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New catalogue - new Canadian prices

With so much excitement about the retiring colours I haven't heard a word from Canadians about pricing. I really hope that they are adjusted to better reflect the exchange.. which is hardly nothing. I know and understand they produce the catalogue months in advance, but for months the prices have been almost the same. Well one can always hope....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I doubt it. Canadian prices are always about $5 more per stamps set. I wish they would just give us the prices in US dollars and then we deal with the exchange. I wish they would cut us a break on the shipping as well. I hardly ever order from them because of these two factors. I only order when I'm desperate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I was wondering that myself. They could always include a revised price list with the catalogue like they did last time our exchange rates were near par.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.
barb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

The rates have been fluctuating so much lately, but usually within 5-10cents either up or down. They did a big adjustment when we rose from 60-something cents to near par. I wouldn't think it is possible to adjust for these relatively minor differences we see right now. We have to remember that there are other factors besides the monetary exchange rate that go into our Canadian pricing structure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I wish!!! I wouldn't hold my breath though. They always say there are other factors in the cost of doing business in Canada. I don't know what they are, but it certainly shouldn't add up to over 20% higher than the USA in my opinion! But, I don't know all the ins and outs of it.

I think having the USA prices and then having us pay in USD would be a better deal for us, but not sure how that would work with duties, etc. Might cause some hassle.

As far as shipping costs go, I think SU! is pretty reasonable. 10% of an order isn't that much. When you compare to what PTI charges Canadians it is practically free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

For the record, PTI offers a $10 or $20 shipping discount for orders over $100 & $200 to all international customers to balance the free shipping offered to US customers. When was the last time SU (and not a kind demo) offered you a break on shipping?

I would be more willing to order from SU if they did charge US prices. I don't see why they can't since the merchandise is all shipped from the same warehouse in UT. The currency they use in our catalogue shouldn't be an issue. I'd happily take my chances with the exchange rates than be consistently charged an additional 10-20% on each individual item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, a resive list would be nice!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't hold your breath!!!!! A snowball has a better chance in hades!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

We can only hope..but it would be nice if we could just pay the US pricing,yes i know we have customs fees etc,
They could come out with the sheet they did a few years back with revised pricing again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharileaView Post
I wish!!! I wouldn't hold my breath though. They always say there are other factors in the cost of doing business in Canada. I don't know what they are, but it certainly shouldn't add up to over 20% higher than the USA in my opinion!
If it was just 20% difference, I probably wouldn't flinch. In the latest mini the price difference ranges from 30% and up to almost 50% higher on some items, with most items averaging close to 35% higher in the Canadian mini. If the new ICB reflects the same pattern, I will continue to spend my stamping $$ where I get a better bang for my buck. The huge price differential has made a huge difference to my SU spending - plus I have found some other great stamp companies as a result so it's not all bad.

Just for kicks, I went and put a random 14 items from the mini into "my" shopping cart on a US demo's website. The exact same 14 items in a CDN cart wound up costing 36.5% more. Both were at the preferred pricing.
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch..that is nuts.. i almost feel like we the Canadians are helping keep the US afloat during their trouble times
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

any leaks yet on the new pricing for Canadians? My fingers are crossed for a decrease, based on prices, I did not order much from SU last year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

The exact same 14 items in a CDN cart wound up costing 36.5% more.
Wow, that's insane! I'd like to see a breakdown of all the extra costs, they can't be just for duty and customs. Or are stamping supplies considered "luxury" goods and thus subject to higher fees?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

At one time I asked SU what the extra costs were and they did not answer that question. That speaks volumes to me.

I challenge SU to explain to us what these extra charges are. Do not get me wrong, I like the company I just wish they would explain. My American friend could not believe what we pay. She said we are crazy to pay those prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey'sgirlView Post
At one time I asked SU what the extra costs were and they did not answer that question. That speaks volumes to me.

I challenge SU to explain to us what these extra charges are. Do not get me wrong, I like the company I just wish they would explain. My American friend could not believe what we pay. She said we are crazy to pay those prices.
Volumes? Really? They are a private company. If you asked me to detail all my household expenses, I would not tell you.

It is not the exchange rate that solely causes the price difference. Those who are truly interested, can google "cost of doing business internationally" or "costs more in Canada."

One might do some research before deciding Canada is keeping American businesses afloat. That is truly funny because another thread here said America's economic difficulties has caused the world's economic problems. A little over simplified but more truth. After all, if I lose my job, it affects my child's income level, too.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Shawn if I offended you I am truly sorry. You are right. They are a private company they do not have to disclose. I in turn, do not have to buy. That is what I am choosing to do. In fact, there are no Demo's where I live (not that I am aware of) Please I do not want to know if there is one. They have all closed down within the last 6 months. My demo does not have any buyers. Period.

When I stated that it spoke volumes I mean't it. They could have directed me to websites or said that it was to difficult and large to explain in a letter. Nothing.... crickets......That is what spoke volumes and that is my opinion. I am entitled to it.

I do not believe that Canada is keeping American businesses afloat that was another person comments. I do not think it should be directed towards me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Goods made in the USA are not subject to duties. There would only be brokerage at the border (which I assume SU would have a bulk contract with a shipping company / brokerage firm) and the taxes are already paid on the items. So the border costs should be minimal.

I import for my day job and I know what my border costs are so I don't believe all this crap about extra costs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey'sgirlView Post
Shawn if I offended you I am truly sorry. You are right. They are a private company they do not have to disclose. I in turn, do not have to buy. That is what I am choosing to do. In fact, there are no Demo's where I live (not that I am aware of) Please I do not want to know if there is one. They have all closed down within the last 6 months. My demo does not have any buyers. Period.

When I stated that it spoke volumes I mean't it. They could have directed me to websites or said that it was to difficult and large to explain in a letter. Nothing.... crickets......That is what spoke volumes and that is my opinion. I am entitled to it.

I do not believe that Canada is keeping American businesses afloat that was another person comments. I do not think it should be directed towards me.
No you did not offend me. I don't want to offend you either. I did not mean to make it sound like you were the author of the other view, too. It was a different thought that is why it was a new paragragh, but it was still on the same topic that is why I did not make a whole new post. I did start it with "anyone" meaning anyone. I also try to avoid "you" language so that OPs understand I, too, am voicing my opinion and not trying to tell people what to do. (Although I suppose anytime one voices one's opinion they are trying to sway their audience.)

I do understand you wished for a response. Giving you links might sound like they were endorsing those sites, and most US companies avoid that. I think a "we do not respond to those requests" response might have seemed rude, too. I don't know what they could do as a company. (I for one usually say something utterly shocking when someone asks something very personal but I know that wouldn't work for a company ;) )

As to the other poster who stated import costs being minimal for US PRODUCED goods, yes they are. But that would apply only to stamps and some paper. Some papers, most embellishments, all punches, and most other accessories are NOT made in the US. Most of my orders are 50/50. So there is more cost there than preceived. Additionally, SU is required to maintain offices and support personnel IN CANADA. Different reporting, taxing reg, lawyers, etc. Many, many costs are involved. My old company required each division and each store in that division to cover its own costs. SU is IMO trying to make each international division do the same through their pricing.

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
...As to the other poster who stated import costs being minimal for US PRODUCED goods, yes they are. But that would apply only to stamps and some paper. Some papers, most embellishments, all punches, and most other accessories are NOT made in the US. Most of my orders are 50/50. So there is more cost there than preceived. Additionally, SU is required to maintain offices and support personnel IN CANADA. Different reporting, taxing reg, lawyers, etc. Many, many costs are involved. My old company required each division and each store in that division to cover its own costs. SU is IMO trying to make each international division do the same through their pricing.
Doing business in Canada for SU is no different than any other foreign company doing business in Canada and doesn't explain the extra costs the Canadian consumer is paying for SU products. There are a lot of other companies that sell their products in Canada that aren't marked up 20% to 50% over the US price. I just don't buy the whole "doing business in Canada costs more" line. I know that there are different costs than doing business in the states, but overall, I don't think it would equate to that big of a difference in pricing. I would like to see, as have many other Canadians said, that SU charge us all in US dollars. Then if the exchange rate is acceptable, we buy, if its too high, we don't buy. But I think the way it is now, I seriously doubt I will be spending much more on SU this year. Last year I spent about $1000.00 on SU. That's a lot of money for me and I know I can get better value with other companies (not to mention way better shipping pricing).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cat Woman I think you are being a little hard on the shipping from SU. When I get an order shipped to me within 7 days I am very pleased. There are many places in the US that takes over 3 weeks to get to me. I now buy SU in the unmounted since it is cheaper and still have the great use of their rubber.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Doing business in Canada for SU is no different than any other foreign company doing business in Canada and doesn't explain the extra costs the Canadian consumer is paying for SU products. There are a lot of other companies that sell their products in Canada that aren't marked up 20% to 50% over the US price. I just don't buy the whole "doing business in Canada costs more" line. I know that there are different costs than doing business in the states, but overall, I don't think it would equate to that big of a difference in pricing. I would like to see, as have many other Canadians said, that SU charge us all in US dollars. Then if the exchange rate is acceptable, we buy, if its too high, we don't buy. But I think the way it is now, I seriously doubt I will be spending much more on SU this year. Last year I spent about $1000.00 on SU. That's a lot of money for me and I know I can get better value with other companies (not to mention way better shipping pricing).
Maybe the difference is those companies have set up Canadian corporations and are doing business as such? Here is the same shoe from Sears, and it "seems" to be marked up 30%
US
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G24
Canada
http://www.sears.ca/product/mens-nik...6793611?ptag=1

I only picked shoes because I was shoe shopping today. It was the first shoe on the Sears Canada site, so I just searched for it on the US site.

People will chose to believe what they want. If one wants to believe a company is being unfair, then one will find other companies to do business instead. Or they will find lots of companies being unfair...

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorri.V.View Post
Cat Woman I think you are being a little hard on the shipping from SU. When I get an order shipped to me within 7 days I am very pleased. There are many places in the US that takes over 3 weeks to get to me. I now buy SU in the unmounted since it is cheaper and still have the great use of their rubber.

Lorri
Personally, I don't think that I am being hard on SU for their shipping charges. I don't think I'm the only one that has this opinion either. A lot of companies out there give you a break on shipping costs if you reach certain totals. Not SU - theirs just keeps going up and up. If I ordered $300 from Scrappin' Great Deals, then I wouldn't have to pay shipping at all and it gets to me within a week. The same amount ordered from SU would cost me (as an Albertan) $32.10 ($30 + $2.10gst) in shipping charges. I could buy quite a bit more products with the extra $32.

As you can tell, I'm not a full fledged SU fan. I have some personal opinions and issues with some of their business practices. I'm entitled to my feelings and opinions and I may be in the minority with my view point, but I don't mind that either. I think I'm just a little more vocal about my thoughts on the subject and, for some reason, those that like SU seem to take it as a personal attack. I don't have any real loyalty to any company. I only have an obligation to myself to try satisfy my need to get the best quality I can for the prices I'm willing to pay. SU doesn't meet those needs for the most part. Besides, there are so many other companies that have so many great products, why would I want to limit myself.

At any rate, I'll reiterate, I don't think that SU is fair in the pricing to Canadian consumers or with their shipping charges. My opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Maybe the difference is those companies have set up Canadian corporations and are doing business as such? Here is the same shoe from Sears, and it "seems" to be marked up 30%
US
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G24
Canada
http://www.sears.ca/product/mens-nik...6793611?ptag=1

I only picked shoes because I was shoe shopping today. It was the first shoe on the Sears Canada site, so I just searched for it on the US site.

People will chose to believe what they want. If one wants to believe a company is being unfair, then one will find other companies to do business instead. Or they will find lots of companies being unfair...
Actually, you picked the only department store I refuse to shop at. That's funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Actually, you picked the only department store I refuse to shop at. That's funny.
Yes, I don't shop there either because their prices are so inflated compared to most other stores in Canada for exactly the same imported items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

I have to amend my earlier post about shipping. What I forgot to figure in was the free products that SU gives you when you reach certain $ amounts. I guess over all the free product does make up for the higher shipping. Unfortunately, for those that can't make those order levels, they won't get the free stuff and are still stuck paying the 10% shipping (which I still think is quite a lot). In the past I was saving my orders until I could get to at least a level 1 order. Any other place that I order from, if the shipping is more than 5 or 6 % of the order or they don't have a break on the shipping charges after a certain $ amount, I won't order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:51 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by WallyAgainView Post
Yes, I don't shop there either because their prices are so inflated compared to most other stores in Canada for exactly the same imported items.
too funny, I don't shop there either. I just typed in nike shoes canada and that was thw first link that was a .ca site. I also have not shopped ata Walmart in SEVEN YEARS. People think it is impossible, but I am totally with you on spending your money (or not) where you want for a variety of reasons--costs, value, business practices.

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the difference between US and Canadian costs are pretty bad for SU. I always felt this was unfair.
I actually work for a company and we do ship to Canada. We charge US prices for them. Shipping is a bit higher. We do not upcharge products for them as they are normally very close to the US dollar.
Other international countries do a rate exchange with the company I work for.

So no I never could see why the costs for Canadian prices are that much higher than the US prices.

Also there are other stamp websites that do ship to Canada and they do not have the upcharge either.
I gues SU has their reasons for it.

For PTI - Yes their shipping is a higher for Canada but the reason for them is how they ship. They use to shipp cheaper but due to all of the lost pakcages they were replacing they had to change their ship methods to to cut down on that. They have always been up front about why that is. They do offer shipping discounts for international orders and that is a good deal that can help. There are several PTI customers that pcombine orders also to cut down on the shipping.

Last edited by meluvstampin; 06-02-2010 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

Just an update... My demo saw the sneak previews from the catalogue and prices here in Canada are going UP in the new catty. She said some Canadian demos on their demo site are pi$$ed and thinking of dropping from SU. Personally I understand that everything costs more everywhere but we were all sort of expecting some sort of a price break up here because we have been so close to or above par at times that we feel like we're getting $crewed a bit on price up here. Will be doing a serious rethink on how much of my money they get in the future. Too bad because I like their ink, paper and stamps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #29  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm really disgusted with SU for that. In Canada, we've been paying outrageous prices for SU paper and stamps for ages. I was hoping to see our strong dollar reflected in the SU pricing.
I'll still be purchasing their paper - though I use a lot of different papers - but this really turns me off!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #30  
Full of Malarky

[quote=smaverick1;16706301]For the record, PTI offers a $10 or $20 shipping discount for orders over $100 & $200 to all international customers to balance the free shipping offered to US customers. When was the last time SU (and not a kind demo) offered you a break on shipping?

I would be more willing to order from SU if they did charge US prices. I don't see why they can't since the merchandise is all shipped from the same warehouse in UT. The currency they use in our catalogue shouldn't be an issue. I'd happily take my chances with the exchange rates than be consistently charged an additional 10-20% on each individual item.[/quote]

I'm right with you there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

I do not have my catalogue yet. However, it's been reported that some prices have gone down (ribbon, stamps, DSP). Same stayed the same (Big Shot and punches) while cardstock has gone up.

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #32  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitargerleView Post
Just an update... My demo saw the sneak previews from the catalogue and prices here in Canada are going UP in the new catty. She said some Canadian demos on their demo site are pi$$ed and thinking of dropping from SU. Personally I understand that everything costs more everywhere but we were all sort of expecting some sort of a price break up here because we have been so close to or above par at times that we feel like we're getting $crewed a bit on price up here. Will be doing a serious rethink on how much of my money they get in the future. Too bad because I like their ink, paper and stamps....
that's NOT true ... I've seen the preview and I've chatted with other Canadian demonstrators that have the catalogue ...all I've heard is that the card stock is going up but the remainder is slightly down with the odd exception. BUT, I haven't seen it in person ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I really hope that they are not going up ... as much as I love Stampin Up, I will have to spend my money elsewhere if the stamp sets continue to climb in price ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #34  

Quote:

... So there is more cost there than perceived. Additionally, SU is required to maintain offices and support personnel IN CANADA. Different reporting, taxing reg, lawyers, etc. Many, many costs are involved. My old company required each division and each store in that division to cover its own costs. SU is IMO trying to make each international division do the same through their pricing.
You know, the one thing I find so odd about the whole Canadian/US thing is that our markets (in general, not just with SU) are soooooooooooo intertwined that it's almost impossible to clearly separate them. Specifically, with Stampin' Up, the promotions are the same at the same times, the catalogues are the same at the same times (with the exception of the odd culturally applicable set for each country), the contests are wrapped up together, the convention is for both, not separate ... etc. So, how can SU treat it completely as a separate entity when they treat every other part of it as the same?

There are only TWO physical employees in the Canadian office ... our wages include health care costs, unlike the US (this is changing, though, right?). I'm not proficient enough to get into the ins and outs of an American company doing business in Canada but having googled the "cost of business" (like Shawn suggested earlier!), I learned that Canada and the Netherlands are listed as the most advantageous places to do business. So, I don't know what SU is doing to have increased costs that are far above what they do in the US to have the increase in prices.

It's my feeling (and my hubby's) that the prices somehow represent a "fair market value" which means that Canadian companies are getting away with high prices so they can too.

It's not gonna cut it for much longer with the economy. We're seeing more and more US-owned business in Canada and more people are shopping online through places like Amazon where you get the straight-EXCHANGE value immediately applied.

anyway, that's my two cents when it comes to the Canadian pricing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #35  
Full of Malarky

As far as doing business costs being higher in Canada - I'd direct you to Stamping Bella, a Canadian Based rubber stamp company, that sells it's goods at the same dollar price, whether you purchase in Cdn dollars or US dollars. They are a member company on this site.

They've got great shipping rates too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #36  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen the Canadian catalogue.
Cardstock prices are going up, just as they are in the US.
That was the only increase I saw. Everything else was steady or down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

An increase in price for cardstock doesn't make up for a decrease on other items in my mind. Hiking the price of consumable supplies that demos have to buy regularily means the customer/demo is actually out more money. And for regular customers or hobby demos who make their cards to sell, SU has just cut into their profits. I feel sorry for demos who go through a lot of cs for classes and workshops and are obligated to use SU cs. Are they supposed to charge more for classes or just accept that they now earn less for the same work?

I'll reserve total judgment for after I've seen the new catty, but it looks as if SU and I will be parting ways once my club ends in December. I've already given up on their stamps due to the outrageous markup. But I am excited about seeing more slim profile punches and crumb cake ink. I wonder if all these changes are going to equate to a decline in sales or in the number of active demos? Better yet, I wonder if SU will care?

Last edited by smaverick1; 06-03-2010 at 03:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #38  
Crimping Master

Even if it is only cardstock that is increasing why is it increasing when our dollar is soooo very good and predictions are it will stay that way or even go and stay above par???? The cost of doing business in Canada cannot be 30% more than in the US. There's no way I buy that. And Stampingbella is an excellent example. The stamps aren't cheap but you can pay in Canadian dollars in Canada at the same price as Americans pay in US dollars. And the shipping rocks. Spend over $50 in Canada and it is $4.99 by UPS and usually have the order in 1-2 days. Over $75 international and it's the same price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #39  
Crimping Master

We can't compare SU with Stamping Bella. Stamping Bella is Canadian company, operating in Canada and shipping to US. Totally different. That said, I would love to see SU stuff cheaper and I don't think it is fair for Canadians to be paying so much more than Americans. I am glad to hear about some stuff going down in prices and most of it staying the same. As for the cardstock, if I am right, the price difference is 22% (US prices are going up too), which is a lot, but I still find SU very good value for my money. Maybe I'll change my mind after I get catalogue in my hands?! We'll see.

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't understand why Canadian people are complaining that cardstock is going up in price, when it's going up in the US AS WELL. And everything else is same price or lower, so again, why the complaints? You're getting what you want.
Reply With Quote Likes