Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nestie size differences

I like to layer things, but it seems there is too much difference in size when I use my nestabilities. I'd like to have it not be such a big size difference. I can trace the die I cut with and that is about the right size, but don't want to cut it out. That's what the dies are for. I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions? TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Not sure if I understand but do you mean you are tracing on the inside or outside of your one die to get a slight offset? The only dies that work really well for that are the classics that come in both large and small sizes. The two sets work together in that way. I wouldn't dream of only having one size. By having both the large and small sizes, you have the flexibility of how much your next layer protrudes out from the previous one. If you have a set like the labels, then I think you either have to live with what you get or do the tracing trick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

A long while back someone posted about what she did with all her nestabilities- She took each one and cut it out (using the Wizard, Cuttlebug or something) on thin plastic. I believe she punched a whole in the top so that she could keep the sets together, she may have done more but I don't recall. She then had a clear plastic shape that she could lay over her image in order to find the right size. Make sense? I've been planning on doing this but am rather lazy and I even have the plastic sheets! She even had photos of what she did. Maybe doing a search on this site might find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Are you talking about getting a tighter fit instead of so much difference in the layered diecuts? I just saw a video recently from Becca over at Amazing Paper Grace. She cuts hers out by going around the die with a craft knife on top of a cutting mat. Looked easy but I haven't tried it yet. I think it would be better than cutting it out by hand though. I only have one set and have been wanting to try this too.

I looked up her video url for you.

http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/becca-bit-tight-mats/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I have circles from QK and circles from Spellbinders. The QK set I have has 14 dies. They are really close together. However, they have tiny edges too so you can't do the embossing like you can with Spellbinders. If you are nesting your circles that closely the embossing may not show anyway. As for other shapes, I haven't seen any that are so close together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the responses. I will have to get the other set of classics, which will cover the basics. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at cutting, but I think I will get a new exacto knife to help out. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

For the shapes that have the various sizes you can get those such as Standard Circles Small and Large and Classic Circles Small and Large. I have found that if you don't have them all you just don't have all the sizes you want---well I want anyways. I did find this site that tells you about the templates. I am most definitely going to do this once I can get into my crafting area once again---post painting etc. You can find it at Mel Stampz
Reply With Quote Likes