Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need serious help plz:)

my hubby is helping with organizing a christmas party for his squadron. He volunteered me to make the tickets for the party. I need help with a design. Something very easy and fast to produce. Not all of it will be stamped but want to stamp some of it. Nothing too big considering I will be making 300+ tickets.
Any suggestions would help. Thinking about printing the font and stamping an image of some sort..
Thanks in advance
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny09125View Post
my hubby is helping with organizing a christmas party for his squadron. He volunteered me to make the tickets for the party. I need help with a design. Something very easy and fast to produce. Not all of it will be stamped but want to stamp some of it. Nothing too big considering I will be making 300+ tickets.
Any suggestions would help. Thinking about printing the font and stamping an image of some sort..
Thanks in advance
Maybe if you use the business card blanks from Avery (or another brand) with your design on the front you could then stamp on the back or front. I believe the business cards are 10 to a page which would save some time. You didn't say which branch of Service your husband is in, but I know that Print Shop has some graphics for the various branches of Sevice which you might be able to incorporate into the design.

Best of luck.

Millie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blank business cards as tickets are a great idea. Maybe you could randomly stamp red and blue stars all over them and then type in all the necessary info using Word or another program. Making 300 will be time consuming--if you lived near me I would definitely come over and help you out. If I think of anything else, I will send you an email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

The tickets I receive from my company are always the same design just different colors. Its a vellum printed invitation that is layered over a Christmas print. They hold them together by punching 2 holes at the top and tie a pretty ribbon through the holes. It looks classy. The shape is a basic tag. You could do some stamping on vellum or on the background paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

You're a lot nicer than me. If my husband volunteered me he'd get nothing

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

A lot nicer than me too. If I got volunteered, he'd get NOTHING!
Did you try doing a search using the term "ticket" in the gallery?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

You both are too funny! LOL here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

yeah i searched...but it was like ticket stubs from concerts and movies that came up. Those are good ideas..i was thinking about the business cards too. I like all the ideas..thanks and keep them coming
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Have you considered stamping an image or images for the tickets, scanning the originals, which you could save as a jpeg file, and then printing them on the avery business cards? You would be able to get them printed in short order once you had the stamped image(s) set the way you wanted it to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

How about something like this?
Upsy Daisy by shaugh25 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I would definitely computer generate all of the ticket information, and then add a stamped image. Even if you don't buy the business cards pre-made (not sure what your budget is), you can use a design program for them, and then just cut them on a paper trimmer (good excuse to get hubby to buy you a good one!!). If you need larger ones you can maybe use the postcard template. Avery has a free Design Pro software on their website. I use this ALL THE TIME for invitations, my own business cards, labels, etc.

My nephew and his bride-to-be just sent out invites for their December wedding....red ink on cream cardstock with a simple red snowflake at the top, inside a red folder, and they're STUNNING. So, simple can look really classy! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

My husband did something like this to me 2 years ago! My son was having his Eagle Scout ceremony with 2 others boys. They were holding meetings and deciding who would do what (without me there). My husband said "he" would take care of the invitations. Well, then he told me the day before they were getting together to address envelopes and hand out invitations that he volunteered for this since he knew I was good at that kind of thing!

Anyway, with less than 24 hours notice I came up with computer generated invitations that I think turned out pretty nice. I typed up some words of the Boy Scout oath and used that as a watermark background and then put the Eagle emblem over that on the front of the invitation (2 per full sheet of cardstock) and then had a separate document for the inside (2 per sheet).

I have attached below just so you can see as an example. Depending on the size of the "ticket" you could do something similar and have 8 (or whatever number works best) per page for the front. And then another document with the details for the back of the page. Then just print both sides and cut them apart.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Eagle Invite.doc (1,023.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: doc Eagle Scout Invite inside.doc (21.0 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

One time my husband's boss mentioned how he and his wife would like to get away - just the 2 of them. His wife had been married twice before and had a child from each husband and the visitation weekends did not coincide so there was always 1 child home on a weekend. My husband said something to the effect, 'Bring them to my house, C babysits so knowS how to entertain kids.' I spoke up, "D doesn't stay off the golf course on the weekends to watch our child but he is going to for you, how nice!' Boy, my husband retracted his invitation so fast---

Whatever you decide to do, MAKE SURE sure you husband helps you so that he will think before he 'inserts foot in mouth' again. You must make your hobby look easy so he just assumes it doesn't take time, effort and organization.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Right I will leave my opinion about the generosity of your husband at the door.

IMO this is a KISS moment.

white card
black printing
and one stamp (or grouping like clear on an acrylic block) that says it all that doesn't need to be colored in etc...

I think these are inspirational for impact and simplicity but still look gorgeous-
Merry Noel Snowflakes by papierbleu at Splitcoaststampers

CASE of Albongo's Pocket Silhouettes Wreath by TheSaucyStamper at Splitcoaststampers

CAS Ode to Holly by LateBlossom at Splitcoaststampers

CAS Tip Notes Set by girlgeek101 at Splitcoaststampers
one ink color or multicolored inkpad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

My thought at first was business card, but the problem is you are talking about over thirty pages of business cards. If you are getting reimbursed for this, it would be great, or if they just buy the business cards for you. Otherwise I would personally print on the computer as many as I could to one page (you decide the size) using either vellum or white cardstock. Then I would maybe mount it on a color that is used in your squadron logo. Our last squadron logo was royal blue, red, and yellow. Made for cool looking invitations. Also you could put the squadron logo on there with the wording.

Then I would stamp your background paper with a holiday stamp (assuming this is for a holiday party) like a snowfake, snowman, etc. I would stamp both sides of the background paper if using vellum.

I know that simplicity is important. When my husband was a commander I handmade a card for every family in the squadron. Did that for three years. It was well received.

People will be in awe of you, and it will mean a lot to your husband. You could make the assembly and stamping a fun gathering for the squadron spouses?
Reply With Quote Likes