Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2004, 11:06 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help planning workshop for tomorrow!

There will be 6 people attending, all of them new to stamping. We will only have 1 hour (their lunch hour) to demo and take orders. It will be a mystery hostess party so we'll need time to do that drawing too.

I was thinking of doing one demo, one make & take, although both need to be REALLY quick and easy! I was thinking one would involve chalk/blenders hoping someone would order those to get all the colors easily.

Any ideas for WOW's that are super quick to do for beginners?

Thanks,
Betsy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Betsy,

One of my favorite M&T to do that is quick and easy is to use the stampin' around wheels on a sheet of address labels. The guests then attach them to Hershey Nuggets candy and have personalized candy for gifts, etc. I did this last year as a M&T at a demonstration with the Spooky Spider (I think that's the name) wheel in black ink. The guests then sponged "halloweeny" colors all over the labels before attaching to the candy. My upline did something similar but used the daubers to rub the pastels on the labels to add color.

One guest loved this idea so much she literally bought a wheel for each season, along with coordinating colors so she could make treats for her grandkids classes!

HTH!
Melissa
James 1:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 11:38 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Another quicky is, if you have little cellophane bags, buy some candy corn and place in the cellophane bags. Stamp a little header (Halloween-ish) and decorate the cellophone bags with the topper. For some reason, when I've done this at a make-and-take, everyone seems to go crazy over them.

Lauren~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

How about a Halloween/harvest tag? Use the ready made tags sold on pg. 219 and you can show how you can layer two different sizes. Maybe rip the botton of the top tag, or use stampin' dimensionals to attach a pumpkin or leaf. Use Happy Halloween or Happy Thanksgiving/Fall words. This could be attached to a gift or attached to the top of a card.

I made a birthday tag with my cousin who had never even touched stamps. It was so quick and easy.

Let us know what you come up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

How about a crayon resist card using leaves or pumpkins and fall colors. You could even pre-stamp the image and let them do the crayon resist and the mounting...always gets a wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

For new stampers I always love to show the pastels with the blender pens and then using the versamark. You could do the 'coloring book' technique as your demo with an outline stamp (like Little Layers 2 which is on special this month) and then have them do a make and take with the poppin pastels technique. I always sell tons of versamark, blender pens and pastels when I demo these two techniques at a workshop.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 01:17 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great suggestions, guys! 'Course, I don't have half the supplies needed for all of them, so here's what I'm going with...

1. DEMO only a 2-4-6-8 bag using jumbo wheel for the bag and then making a topper for it with brads. Fill it with candy and set it aside for the "mystery Hostess" when the name is drawn.

2. M&T layered gift tag. They will stamp snowman out of the Holiday Woodcuts set (nice and secular), color with blender pen & chalk. Layer onto Ruby Red tag, hole punch and tie with gold cord.

These guys only have one hour to get everything in...look at catty, demo and order. There's just not time to do as much as I'd like. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow though!

Thanks
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2004, 01:48 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you have a good quick idea! Do post and let us know how it goes!
Reply With Quote Likes