Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default Need Help, Preemie baby shower

I am going to a shower this weekend for a baby that was born very early, just over a pound. She is doing awesome. I have already given the Mom tons of clothes, but i want to make some cards for a shower gift. I was thinking of some sort of cards she could send out when Molly comes home from the hospital. I was going to make a few of these and a few thank you cards. Any thought for an announcements would be appreciated. kim
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Crimping Master

Default baby cards

I love the SU stamp set I'm here with the hands and feet..I have made a bunch with the hands or feet stamped on white and then print a poem on vellum and secure that over the stamped image tied with ribbon etc. You could find a poem about tiny babies or strength..
Great if you can make a bunch for thank you notes.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Glitter Queen

Default Response to Preemie Baby Shower

My twins were preemies, weighing just under two pounds each when born. I sent out birth announcements when we brought them home from the hospital (5 mos. later), rather than soon after their birth. I included the stats (date, weight, etc.) at their homecoming as well as at birth.

I needed lots of thank you notes well before they came home from the hospital for all of the meals and other gifts and support people sent. Also, I made some special thank you notes to give our primary nurses, etc., when we left the hospital. You become so close to the hospital staff over the months in the NICU.

Hope this is helpful,
Michelle G.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftySpice View Post
My twins were preemies, weighing just under two pounds each when born. I sent out birth announcements when we brought them home from the hospital (5 mos. later), rather than soon after their birth. I included the stats (date, weight, etc.) at their homecoming as well as at birth.

I needed lots of thank you notes well before they came home from the hospital for all of the meals and other gifts and support people sent. Also, I made some special thank you notes to give our primary nurses, etc., when we left the hospital. You become so close to the hospital staff over the months in the NICU.

Hope this is helpful,
Michelle G.

Ummm.... ditto! Michelle, I could have written your post!... I also had preemie twins, under 2 lbs, stayed about 5 months in NICU, and I waited to do announcements til they came home so i could include homecoming stats...
They've only been home a month or so.
PMing you...

Some thoughts...

Home at Last
Tiny Miracle
"We welcome with love, our gift from above."

hmm, I had another one, but i can't remember.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Home at last sounds like a good one to me. My nephew was about under a pound when he was born and was in hospital for almost 6 months before he came home; it's a long wait for everyone and Home at last sums it up pretty well. I hope Molly continues to thrive and flourish.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool

Ritastamps, congrats on bringing your babies home! 5 months is so long, must be fun now

Erin
Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kissy View Post
Ritastamps, congrats on bringing your babies home! 5 months is so long, must be fun now

Erin
Thanks! Just saw this right now. They still have their issues, but they are doing pretty well... pics on my blog in siggy
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritastamps View Post
Thanks! Just saw this right now. They still have their issues, but they are doing pretty well... pics on my blog in siggy
Just checked out your blog. WOW!!! You have two beautiful babies. They are sooo cute. Their big brother looks like such a little man with his new haircut.
Congratulations.
Mary
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

I love the sentiment from Happy Harmony that says, "It's the little things that make life Big." I tend to use that on many of my baby cards. I think it's even more true for tiny little preemies! Here is my latest card with it: http://thereisastampforthat.blogspot.../new-baby.html
I'm sure the recipient will really appreciate some handmade cards. That is an awesome shower present. Good luck with whatever you do!