Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Need avice on wheels and ink

What colors of inks do you usually use with your wheels?
I don't have any ink yet - so I am in the dark here! I have just been rolling on a stamp pad and could have better results I am thinking.
How easy are they to change?
What about versa mark? I can't find it in the catalog, can I just buy a blank and fill it with my Versamark refill?
Any other tips or techniques I should know?
Thanks

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
Total Quack

Hmmm.... I have a green, yo yo yellow, and ballet blue cartridge. I just got a close to cocoa and a going gray. The cartridges are very easy to change.

Yes, you are right. There is no versamark cartridge in there, but you can get the blank one and fill it with the refill. That works great!

Just experiment and have fun. The wheels are such a quick and easy way to create!

Photography Site

Old 09-18-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
Glitter Guru

What color to buy for your wheels? Well, this depends on what colors you use the most. I find that I use my wheels almost as much as I use my stamps. I find that the black cartridge is good for the spooky spider wheel and anything that would need to be colored in. Come to think of it I have not colored anything in. I only use my black for the spooky spider wheel and want to get Making Tracks for our vacation pages.

I have mellow moss, barely banana, perfect plum, pretty in pink, sage shadow, eggplant envy, more mustard, brilliant blue, glorious green, real red, tempting turquoise and yoyo yellow. *whew!*

I have also tried rolling the wheel on the stamp pad and it is much easier to just purchase the cartridges.

It is SUPER easy to get the cartridges in and out of the handle. I have learned from experience that you need to keep the cartridges in a sealed container. I keep mine in the small plastic boxes. (that the stamps come in) If you keep them in a drawer the lid to the cartidge might come loose and the wheel will dry out. I have had to re-ink several of mine for this very reason.

Hope this helps you out!!!! Have fun rolling!!!!!!