Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-04-2004, 09:46 AM   #41
SCS Founder

hello all. we contacted this hostess and I heard back from her this morning. she asked me to post a reply to this topic, look for it below.

I thank you for not going overboard on this issue, and also for not posting any personal information. much appreciated.

---

Thank you for all of your emails. I haven't been recieving notification from SCS saying I have messages so I had no idea I had so many waiting. In the future (if there is one) please email me directly at [email protected].

Regarding the swaps, I tried to get them all out prior to my vacation 8-13 to the 23. A lot of you still have not recieved your swaps and I sincerely apologize for this delay. All swaps remaining will be sent no later than Tuesday. You may email to verify that if you'd like.

Just FYI- Since posting these swaps I have had no intentions to do any swaps in the near future. My life got very crazy all at once (as it happens) and I have put them on the back burner. I apologize for any inconvience this may have caused.

Needs a sig
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:49 AM   #42
Crimping Master

I am so glad she is okay...
Old 09-04-2004, 10:34 AM   #43
Die Cut Diva

Me too! I'm not participating in any swaps, but I have missed Joleen's posts, and I was concerned about her.

Joleen, I hope your life gets less crazy and that you are back on SCS soon!
Member #1237
My Gallery

Old 09-04-2004, 11:18 AM   #44
Insane Embellisher

I have participated in several swaps here on SCS. I have been very happy with all of them. Some of the cards have been a bit delayed, but I got them, and they were wonderful.

To the hostesses: Thank you! You are wonderful people who have taken your personal time to organize the swaps, I know it is a lot of work.

To potential swap makers: Please keep swapping (but be aware that there are some risks).
Old 09-04-2004, 11:27 AM   #45
Kookie Creator

Similar thing is happening to me right now with the same hostess.
She said I should get my package early September. So right now I am just waiting to see if something is really sent...

Mary P
Old 09-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #46
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am glad to hear she's ok. I'm sure she will rectify everything. Let's just give it a little more time.

I hope this won't sour people on swapping. I just hosted my first 3 swaps. It's a little more work than I anticipated, but I enjoy it! My first swap already mailed back. My other 2, I'm just waiting for the last few to arrive (all have said they mailed). I was a little scared after having read some threads on swap problems (read them after I posted my swaps). So far everyone I have dealt with has been great!

I do wish we could have some sort of feedback system similar to Ebay (I know that is probably asking too much). But it would be great if you could view feedback before signing up for a swap or before accepting a participant. I realize it's possible for negative feedback to be left unneccessarily, but that can be answered as well. I suppose on the hostess end you could look up other swaps she has hosted and see the comments at the end of the thread...I just like the idea of being able to have some idea before jumping in.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:13 PM   #47
Polyshrink Goddess

I just want to say that I have participated in a few of Joleen's swaps and have had no problems. I know she must feel bad about this, because she is usually right on top of things. Please don't be discouraged from joining swaps (hers or anyone else's). I have faith she will pull it all together!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:49 AM   #48
Compulsive Stamper

Default Wonderful Words Swap

Hi,
I am participating in a swap with Joleen for Wonderful words. WOuld it be rude of me to offer to take over as hostess of this swap. I am almost finished with my cards and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this. Thanks.
Dawn
Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: Wonderful Words Swap

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawncentanni
Hi,
I am participating in a swap with Joleen for Wonderful words. WOuld it be rude of me to offer to take over as hostess of this swap. I am almost finished with my cards and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on this. Thanks.
Dawn
I'm in this swap, also. I'm wondering where to send my cards. Is Joleen completing this swap?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #50
Die Cut Diva

Default Swap rec'd

Hi,

I finally received my swap package from Joleen and I was very dissappointed in the contents. Lots of paperclips, safety pins, and defective ribbon - that sort of thing.

Over all it was a big waste of $7.70 in postage, but I guess that's the chance you take with this kind of swap.

Oh well, live and learn huh?

Deloris