Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member

You know Mischelle1, there is that old axiom that ignorance is bliss....you may have been spared a lot not having access till now. I can imagine how overwhelming it all is for you...I still only have 2 toes in the water myself.

On one hand, I am happy so many people are following their dreams and opening companies, but it is resulting in overload for us.

Rush'd lady-
I kind of think (maybe incorrectly) that DTs kind of expect their samples to get CASEd. Esp if it is a supply thing like alcohol inks. If it was me, I would. The staff at my LSS did-they didnt care if people took pictures of their samples. One customer in particular was infamous for it specifically to CASE it. It would never occur to me though to CASE and submit as my own work for publishing. That is a big NO NO to me too. Even here we give credit if we are CASEing even some element of a card let alone the whole design.

I personally would not do a DT that made me have expense. The whole purpose is their marketing benefit. I could see then why it would bother you even more to have your designs CASEd like that.

BTW-I am just making up those conjugations for CASE b/c I am too lazy to word it better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lylacfey and Mischelle1 like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

I use Pinterest as I do not do any social media websites.

I find if I search for a particular SU stamp set or die I get what I need.
EXAMPLE: stampin up Perfectly Plaid stamps
You'll get a lot of samples.

Happy Stampin!
cnsteele, cycworker, cardmaker2 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #43
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Rush'd lady-
I kind of think (maybe incorrectly) that DTs kind of expect their samples to get CASEd. Esp if it is a supply thing like alcohol inks. If it was me, I would. The staff at my LSS did-they didnt care if people took pictures of their samples. One customer in particular was infamous for it specifically to CASE it. It would never occur to me though to CASE and submit as my own work for publishing. That is a big NO NO to me too. Even here we give credit if we are CASEing even some element of a card let alone the whole design.

I personally would not do a DT that made me have expense. The whole purpose is their marketing benefit. I could see then why it would bother you even more to have your designs CASEd like that.
Designed card samples are to show what you can do with the stamps being made and marketed by that particular company, however, once they are published in the magazine or on my blog, then the designs are under copyright law. If you are teaching a technique with alcohol inks, yes, people may use that to create their cards with, but it is nice to get credit for that technique. If I'm inspired by someone, then I try to mention it in the description area of my card post in my gallery. And speaking of gallery, it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread about searching here on SCS for stamp set samples. I used to save samples that I saw and liked. Has that been changed?

Also, the reason the websites don't keep old samples, is that they want to market their new stuff and if they delete the old, then they have room for the new samples. I have a certain amount of space I can use on my 4 blogs for photos, so I'm spare and bare a lot of the time. When I was getting my cards published, I liked using the old stamps because I like to be thrifty and buy used from thrift stores if I could find them, etc. and then would upcycle those stamps with new design ideas. In fact, I began a controversy at Scrap and Stamp Magazine several years ago about using expired stamps and they had an avalanche of mail to the editor. Many people said they still had favorite stamps and would like to see new ideas for their old stamps and it was cool to be green.
wavejumper likes this post.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:29 AM   #44
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yes, of course people can still search here for ideas. But that relies on people listing the stamp name, ideally in the keyword section though it should show up in a search so long as it's mentioned anywhere. Not everyone lists the manufacturer, let alone the specific stamp, however. SU demos are pretty good about uploading to the specific set galleries, which are usually my first port of call.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:19 AM   #45
Stampin' Fool

There does seem to be a cycle that contributes to the lac of examples for products. Getting published usually means deleting pics from social media, blogs, etc. I also understand about limited (memory) space but if a company still carries it then there should be samples on their site. There have been many time though that I've looked at a brand new stamp or die set and then "kept an eye on it" to see samples as they are uploaded but the samples never appear. It makes me feel like I'm supposed to feel privileged if they bothered to provide just one sample that doesn't use everything.

To me this all just proves my original frustrations with companies making me work for info on their products. I'm not doing that, that is their job.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
There does seem to be a cycle that contributes to the lac of examples for products. Getting published usually means deleting pics from social media, blogs, etc. I also understand about limited (memory) space but if a company still carries it then there should be samples on their site. There have been many time though that I've looked at a brand new stamp or die set and then "kept an eye on it" to see samples as they are uploaded but the samples never appear. It makes me feel like I'm supposed to feel privileged if they bothered to provide just one sample that doesn't use everything.

To me this all just proves my original frustrations with companies making me work for info on their products. I'm not doing that, that is their job.

What she said!!!
stampin stacy likes this post.