Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #41
Inking Addict

Default No kits for me

The kits too often have too much stuff that I don’t care for. I’m too frugal to throw it out so I end up stashing stuff I’m never going to use. I could spend my valuable time trying to find a place to donate to but around my area I find that assisted living facilities, schools, etc. are not that excited about getting this stuff either. I’m better off just spending my money on the products I really want - I always have a wish list going on multiple websites.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
dmcg, DianeinSparks and ckstampcrazy like this post.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #42
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNacho View Post
Home Shopping Network. It was originally a television shopping channel, but of course now you can access them online, too. I'm not sure whether you can see it in Canada, or if they will ship to you from their website.

Sweet, thanks
Old 05-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #43
Mad Swapper

Okay...who mentioned Queen and Co? You are in trouble. I've been looking at those and will not be able to resist much longer. So cute!

Edited: Went back and checked...Heidi. So much trouble.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

howdyheidi likes this post.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #44
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I have been impatiently waiting for my Paper Pumpkin and it came today. I do love the style , particularly the stamp set. But I wasn’t expecting the notecards to be quite so small... maybe I am asking too much from a kit and I guess they have usually been smaller than a regular A4 card but it struck me as rather small. So I will probably cut them apart, mat and mount on regular sized cardstock for A4.

Anyway, I am delighted to have something to play with when the yard work I see done!
Old 05-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

I am very glad you started this thread and I subbed it. Thank you!

Kits do feel like the craze now-not a new idea, but everybody seems to be doing them now. This is a good discussion about the pros and cons. I have poked into some of the companies-shipping is very different-from free in the US to like 3.99 to 7 dollars.

I never like all of anything in simple stamp sets so I am not about to try whole kits. And I am too swiss cheese brain to remember to look at/cancel sets I really dont want.

What I like about hero is usually they offer some of the elements singly and then I grab those. I tend to like their BG stamps. (6x6)

I have a limited budget so I am not using those dollars on someone else's ideas. I have a perfectly good overlong wishlist going I can cherry pick from.
cardmaker2 and DianeinSparks like this post.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

Loved reading through this thread, since I've been curious about kits. I'm still undecided.
U have just found a new box coming out from A Cherry on Top. It is called "The Cherry Box". I'm sharing the link I found with some of the 'unveiling' videos, as this coming month will be their first. Looks like a mix that could go between card and scrapbooking too.

2019 OLW= Light

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my path."
~Psalms 119:105
Blog: https://kaleidoscopeimpressions.wordpress.com

Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyBeth View Post
Okay...who mentioned Queen and Co? You are in trouble. I've been looking at those and will not be able to resist much longer. So cute!

Edited: Went back and checked...Heidi. So much trouble.

Sorry! I actually haven’t gotten one yet but they look so fun, and are very much outside what I usually make. Which would make a good kit, I think!

Designs for Just for Fun & I Brake for Stamps
NerdyBeth likes this post.
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #48
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePanda View Post
Loved reading through this thread, since I've been curious about kits. I'm still undecided.
U have just found a new box coming out from A Cherry on Top. It is called "The Cherry Box". I'm sharing the link I found with some of the 'unveiling' videos, as this coming month will be their first. Looks like a mix that could go between card and scrapbooking too.

I like ACOT as a store, but I watched a couple of the unboxing videos, and what it looks like to me is one stamp set plus a bunch of old stock... and no indication that anyone is getting the same contents in their boxes.

That's not a kit, it's a grab bag.

And considering shipping isn't part of the price, I didn't really see a whole lot of value in this "kit" for how old some of the supplies are... and for how close a Tuesday Morning store is to me.

Last edited by SkyNacho; Yesterday at 07:49 PM..
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #49
Hardware Hotshot

Queen & Co. isn’t that much my style, but they are the nicest people. I had a question once, called, talked to an owner who invited me to call back or email, and emails get answered quickly. They always have a booth at Stamp & SB Expos, and again, they’re so nice despite their booth always crammed full of customers. An LSS that used to be here sold a lot of their products - high quality.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #50
Mad Swapper

Heidi...I agree! I think the kits are cute and something I normally wouldn't do either.

I think the kits I'm drawn to have items in them that aren't in my stash. I really don't need anymore stamps or paper, but shaker kits? Not something I'm already surrounded by.

Hang on. Let me overthink this.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #51
Cardstock Collector

Default Love the Tonic Kits of the month

The Tonic Kits are filled with all types of goodies: dies, stamps, luxury paper, glitter, blending brushes, embossing powder, embossing paste, glue, pens, etc.. Since I started buying these kits my skills have just quickly grown. I watch the tutorials on YouTube then go to town working with my kit. If you don’t like surprises they preview the next kit on YouTube generally right after they send out the current month. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Also the dies and stamps come in a sturdy folder. Every three months they include a binder to put them in. Keeps everything together and sorted.