Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default minimum shipping charge on SU order

I saw mentioned on another thread that SU has a new (new to me:confused: ) minimum shipping charge of $9.95 for orders below $100. I remember there used to be a notation at the bottom of the order form that said minimum ship charge was $3.95 or 10% of the order, whichever was greater (unless it was part of a party order).

Is $9.95 the new minimum shipping charge? I need to know before I send an e-mail order in to my demo so I have the numbers correct. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S&H is still 10% of your order. Only SU! demos are really affected by the increase. I feel 10% is a great deal for S&H---lots of companies charge much more.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

That sounds ridiculously high. I hope it isn't true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

$9.95? I had read somewhere that they were going to $6.95.
$9.95 seems really high! I hope someone comes by to confirm.

(And for the poster saying that only SU demos are affected- that's not true. I've only ever once placed an order as part of a party- so unless I ordered enough to get the shipping over the minimum charge, it wasn't 10% of my order, it was the minimum shipping charge. If the minimum shipping goes to 9.95- you'd have to order $100 worth of stuff before you are charged only 10%. I don't think many demos will eat the difference in shipping for a $30 order.)

Edit: I found the email from a demo: "Stampin' Up's new minimum shipping rate will change to $6.95. Note that this minimum applies only to orders of $70 or less."

That is MUCH mroe reasonable than 9.95!

Last edited by Skittl1321; 03-07-2008 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #5  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

It will be going up to 6.95, not 9.95.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I saw mentioned on another thread that SU has a new (new to me:confused: ) minimum shipping charge of $9.95 for orders below $100. I remember there used to be a notation at the bottom of the order form that said minimum ship charge was $3.95 or 10% of the order, whichever was greater (unless it was part of a party order).

Is $9.95 the new minimum shipping charge? I need to know before I send an e-mail order in to my demo so I have the numbers correct. Thanks!

Starting April 1, the minimum shipping charge will change to either $6.95 or 10% of your order, whichever is higher.

While an increase was almost inevitable, given the general increases in shippers' rates, we are very fortunate that Stampin' up! has kept the calculations of the shipping charge simple.

Orders placed at workshops or clubs will not be impacted, because they will be subject to the same 10% shipping fee.

If you are used to placing a lot of small orders and having them shipped directly to you, you might consider placing larger orders less frequently or allowing your demo to aggregate your orders with those of other customers and having them shipped to her home to get everyone the lower 10% shipping rate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beginning April 1st the minimum shipping charge on individual customer orders under $69.95 will be $6.95, over that amount will be 10%. Orders (of any amount) that are part of a workshop order will still be 10%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Starting in April, SU!'s minimum shipping charge will go up to $6.95. Workshop orders will still be charged 10% shipping, as will all orders over $69.50. Hope this helps clear up the confusion!

ETA: Looks like we all posted at the same time! (;

Check out My Gallery!

Proud Army wife!

Last edited by smartblonde_2000; 03-07-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: additional comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In reference to shipping. If I place an order say for a total of merchandise of $200, I am charged the 10% s/h correct?? Ok, if I want that same order shipped to my home instead of my Consultant's home, am I charged a higher rate for s/h?? Is the effort for her to have my order shipped to me instead of her a big deal for her, really. Since all my orders are between $150 and about $250, my orders are always put in as a party, so I'm entitled to extra/free stuff, which I do get. I just feel for such a large order I would rather have it shipped to me instead of the Consultant. But it never works out that way.

Any response a current Demonstrator or Consultant for Stampin' Up can give would be much appreciated.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for your quick and thorough reponse, ladies! I'm relieved that the new min wasn't as high as first reported - 6.95 I can live with, 9.95 made me cringe.

Since I'm putting my order in today, I will be ahead of the change in shipping charges that go into effect on April 1st. Whew! ;)

Thanks again for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
In reference to shipping. If I place an order say for a total of merchandise of $200, I am charged the 10% s/h correct?? Ok, if I want that same order shipped to my home instead of my Consultant's home, am I charged a higher rate for s/h?? Is the effort for her to have my order shipped to me instead of her a big deal for her, really. Since all my orders are between $150 and about $250, my orders are always put in as a party, so I'm entitled to extra/free stuff, which I do get. I just feel for such a large order I would rather have it shipped to me instead of the Consultant. But it never works out that way.

Any response a current Demonstrator or Consultant for Stampin' Up can give would be much appreciated.

Patti

Patti, the shipping on your $200 order will be 10%, no matter where it is shipped. There is no extra charge for having it shipped to you! HTH!

Check out My Gallery!

Proud Army wife!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Patti
Correct. You will pay 10% S&H, whether shipped to your house or your demo's house. I personally have all orders shipped to me and I then deliver to the customer. I like to make sure orders are correct and I add a thank-you card. I rarely ship the order directly to my customer---just the way I handle my business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

It's $9.95 in Canada - but that's not a change. It's been that way as long as I can remember. Maybe you were getting some Canadian info?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolea's momView Post
It's $9.95 in Canada - but that's not a change. It's been that way as long as I can remember. Maybe you were getting some Canadian info?
That is possible, because I didn't even think to see if the poster was from the US or Canada. Thanks for pointing that out, as it is the likely explaination!

I guess it's a good thing I asked, though, because I now have the straight story and know what the new charges are. Thanks, again, everyone, for sharing your knowledge on this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smartblonde_2000 and disstamps.......Thank You so much for your specific responses. I would prefer the items shipped to my home as it is very difficult to find a time when I am in the area of my Consultant's home while out and about. I also find it much easier for the UPS man to carry the heavy load to my door than for me to struggle with it.

Thanks Again! Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Quote:

smartblonde_2000 and disstamps.......Thank You so much for your specific responses. I would prefer the items shipped to my home as it is very difficult to find a time when I am in the area of my Consultant's home while out and about. I also find it much easier for the UPS man to carry the heavy load to my door than for me to struggle with it.

Thanks Again! Patti
Your demo may like to receive the order at her home so she can make sure everything arrived safely. If it is an inconvenience to you I would just ask your demo to ship directly to you. She should be amenable to that.
Reply With Quote Likes