Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member Gallery questions

Hi! I just uploaded my first cards and I have a few questions.

1. If you use 2 different stamp sets, is it possible to cross post or do you just pick the most predominant set and file it under that one?

2. Should I only submit original cards? If I case someone else's design, is it ok to upload it? What if I don't remember who I cased it from?

3. How long does it take for the cards to appear on the site?

4. If I upload it directly to a specific stamp set, it still goes into my gallery, right?

5. If I make a card at a technique class, etc., is it ok to post it since it's not my design?

6. Any suggestions for naming my files? I read that it should be a unique name, so I put my initials in front of the card name, but I noticed most everyone else just uses a simple name for their card.

Thanks everyone! I hope to be uploading more cards soon. I would love some feedback, since I'm fairly new to cardmaking. Thanks!

Last edited by vikivoly; 05-20-2008 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Needed to ask another question
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikivolyView Post
Hi! I just uploaded my first cards and I have a few questions.
Hi, Vicky! Congrats on starting your SCS gallery! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. If you use 2 different stamp sets, is it possible to cross post or do you just pick the most predominant set and file it under that one?
I file mine under the dominant stamp set, if I'm using more than one set. I include the names of the other sets in the "stamps" line in the description boxes. If I use stamps that aren't made by Stampin' Up, I include their info as well.

2. Should I only submit original cards? If I case someone else's design, is it ok to upload it? What if I don't remember who I cased it from?
You can submit whatever handmade stamping or scrapping related items you make. It sounds like you realize it's good netiquette to credit the original poster of something you've CASEd. If you can't remember who it was, it's acceptable to say something in your description along the lines of "This was CASEd from one of the wonderful cards I've seen in the gallery, but I can't remember who created it." That way you're acknowledging it wasn't your original idea even though you don't know whose idea it was.

3. How long does it take for the cards to appear on the site?
Depending on how busy the gallery moderators are, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to up to an hour. Keep in mind that the gallery mods have Sundays off, so anything you upload on that day of the week will sit in a queue and be uploaded on Monday.
You can avoid the delays by joining the SCS Fan Club. On the SCS Home page, you'll find a link to details about that.

4. If I upload it directly to a specific stamp set, it still goes into my gallery, right?
That's right!

5. If I make a card at a technique class, etc., is it ok to post it since it's not my design?
Sure. I'd mention in the description box that the card was made at a class.

6. Any suggestions for naming my files? I read that it should be a unique name, so I put my initials in front of the card name, but I noticed most everyone else just uses a simple name for their card.
That'll work. The "unique" factor comes into importance on how you have the cards saved on your computer. Say you make a birthday card and it's stored on your computer as "card001", and you upload it to your SCS gallery as "birthday card". Then a few days later you make a thank you card and your computer program gives it the same "card001" name, but you call it "thank you card" when you put it in your SCS gallery. Even though you named it two different things here at SCS, the SCS system will read it as being the same card coming from off your computer and delete the "duplicate" entry. Does that make sense?

Quote:

Thanks everyone! I hope to be uploading more cards soon. I would love some feedback, since I'm fairly new to cardmaking. Thanks!
You're welcome! I'm off to visit your gallery now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to answer my newbie questions. ;) Your info was very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes