Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Making a Sampler Set

I am hoping to become a demo in a few months but want to start on sampler sets to show my prospective customers. How many cards do you usually make in a set? How do you showcase them?

Thanks for your help!

Stacy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Hi Stacy,
I usually have 8 cardfronts in a set sampler. I put them in clear 6x8 cello bags, two in one bag. Then I take a piece of cs that matches the first card showing...and cut it 6 1/4" x 11". Then I score it at 8 1/4" and fold the flap over. I add the cello bags, punch holes and secure it with big brads.
I get those cello bags at our local store (www.thewholepackagestore.com)

So cool you will be joining Stampin' Up! soon. You will love it.

Hugs and smiles.

my gallery - my blog
Old 07-24-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
Glitter Guru

Hi Stacy: I usually try for 6 -10 samples in my set samplers. I put the cards in a large flat cello bag. The standard card size of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 fits comfortably in them. I slice off about 1 - 1 1/2 inches off of the top of the cello bag. I then take a piece of card stock and slice off 2 inches from the short side. So now the piece measures 6 1/2 x 11 1/2. I fold over a flap on the top to form a topper for my set sampler. I stamp the stamp set name and some decoration on the front. On the back I stamp each stamp from the set. Then I laminate both sides. I punch through the set sampler cover and cello bags with a 1/8 inch punch. I place my cards in the cello bags and then slide a large brad through all layers and open the brad on the back. Then customers can flip through the samples with ease.
I hope this makes sense.

Kathleen
Old 07-24-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
Kookie Creator

I love this idea! Is there a sample of this here at SCS that we can see? (I'm such a visual person - ha!)

You ladies are AWESOME! Thanks for the ideas!!
Old 07-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #5
Glitter Guru

I'll take some pictures and post.

Kathleen
Old 07-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
Glitter Guru

Here are the photos of the set samplers. I hope this makes more sense now! Customers absolutely LOVE these set samplers.

Kathleen
Attached Thumbnails
116-1699_img.jpg   116-1698_img.jpg   116-1697_img.jpg  
Old 07-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #7
Glitter Guru

Here's one more photo to help it all make sense.

Kathleen
Attached Thumbnails
117-1702_img.jpg  
Old 07-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
Insane Embellisher

Thanks a bunch everyone! Thanks for the pic, Kathleen. I had seen this done before but not quite in the same way. I will definitely be CASE-ing this

I really appreciate the help and the quick response. As soon as I can get the kiddies to bed, I am heading downstairs to play!

BTW, does everyone start to think in SU? By that I mean, I was shopping with my friend and we would try and figure out what cs color a certain item was. Plus, I got my daughter a jammie dress and it has beautiful Love w/o End flowers on it! I think I like this sickness!!!

Stacy
Old 07-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
Kookie Creator

Kathleen~

Thank you SOOO much for the pictures on this. They are soooo helpful. I love how you stamp the outlines of each stamp (in the set) on the back - very helpful for the customer.

Thanks again!
Stacy
Old 07-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #10
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much for posting those pictures!!! They are so helpful for understanding what you guys were talking about with sampler sets. I've printed them out so I can be sure to remember how to CASE them.

Michelle
Old 07-24-2004, 05:30 PM   #11
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1170
Thanks a bunch everyone! Thanks for the pic, Kathleen. I had seen this done before but not quite in the same way. I will definitely be CASE-ing this

I really appreciate the help and the quick response. As soon as I can get the kiddies to bed, I am heading downstairs to play!

BTW, does everyone start to think in SU? By that I mean, I was shopping with my friend and we would try and figure out what cs color a certain item was. Plus, I got my daughter a jammie dress and it has beautiful Love w/o End flowers on it! I think I like this sickness!!!

Stacy
I went to a wedding today with my 8-yr-old daughter and when she brought me bottle of bubbles, she remarked that I could choose between one tied with purple ribbon or one with yellow. I chose yellow and she said it looked like Barely Banana. Too much stamping!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #12
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

lol... I was shopping with my daughter picking up things for school.. and she is a bold brights fanatic!! EVERYTHING she does is bold brights!! She was buying bookcovers those stretchable ones and she goes I really like this Real Red one, and this Glorious Green one is awesome... we bought like 5 or 6 different colors and she named them all... she is only 13!! I must have corrupted her already.. hehehehe
Old 07-24-2004, 08:17 PM   #13
Mad Swapper

Congrats on your decision to become a demo! Your set sampler looks awesome. I don't have any particular method or any number of card fronts per set. I just make stuff and put it in a 3-ring binder and pass it around. Your idea is great though!

Joy
Old 07-25-2004, 07:14 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Love the sampler set pictures - awesome presentation
I will be casing these as well
Thanks for the inspiration
Tina
Old 07-25-2004, 07:57 AM   #15
Crimping Master

Quote:

She was buying bookcovers those stretchable ones and she goes I really like this Real Red one, and this Glorious Green one is awesome... we bought like 5 or 6 different colors and she named them all... she is only 13!! I must have corrupted her already..
Try going shopping with my 3 heathens (13, 10 & 36DH) and all of us having an argument in the middle of the main aisle over a shirt that is either green galore or gable green and a little old lady walks up to us and says no it is " green " and walks away....like we are nuts and don't know that it is green and we are all trying to decide if it will match a pair of my hubby;s workpants or not....

My whole family know talks in SU! Colors....it is way to funny and I am so thankful I don't have a really young one just learning her colors or her teacher would shoot me... I can picture it now..."NO!!! That is not just green it is GLORIOUS GRREN!!!!"

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 07-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #16
Rubber Obsessor

Default set samplers

So glad you are going to join the happiest cult around!

I do mine a little different. I used to do the cello bags but it was such a pain to open them up to add new ones and the 6 x 6 are hard to get in. So now I hermafix them to a sheet of white card stock, two to a side and slide them into a page protector. I then put them in a labeled folder for storage or one of our photo albums for a workshop. This way I get to show off the albums.

Now that the 6 x 6 books are here, I can slide them into the page protectors and bring them with me. In the 6 x 6 they slide around a bit, so a word of caution, make sure the album is right side up when you pack it (from experience) I am in a great swap and seem to always be adding samples. I also include my 6 x 6 pages to the album, of course.

Hope this helps.
Kim
Old 07-26-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
Glitter Queen

So THAT'S what those cello bags are for in the starter kit! I'm sending off my paper work on Thurs. to become a demo and I kept thinking "what on earth are those for?" I figured I would find out when the kit gets here!thanks for the ideas on samples. Very helpful!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 AM   #18
Kookie Creator

Kathleen - thanks for the pictures! Quick question - how do you laminate yours? Do you have a laminating machine or use one of those self-adhesive laminating sheets? I do not laminate mine and thought it was a great idea to get it laminated and protected from our customers' dirty hands

As for the samples go, I make mine full cards. I make all of my samples into full cards so after I am done, I can use them as regular cards.

I also put samples I get in swaps and shows them to my guests. I hesitated doing this at first but I realized that my customers liked knowing I don't make all those beautiful cards. Showing swaps and even putting them in set samplers show that there are a lot of support within the SU! demo community and you do not have to come up with all the ideas if you are a demo.

Smiles,
Old 07-26-2004, 05:26 AM   #19
Glitter Guru

ChiChi, I don't have a laminating machine. I use laminating sheets that I bought at Office Max. With the leftover pieces I laminate my business cards as well. I have a mixture of full cards and card fronts in my set samplers. I put card fronts I receive from other demonstrators in my set samplers for the simple fact that other demonstrators come up with ideas I would never have thought of. I agree that it is good to let customers know that they don't have to come up with all ideas themselves and we do have tremendous support in this wonderful demonstrator community.

Kathleen