Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb making note card sets

I would like to make a few sets of notecards to give as gifts to several friends. I am not sure what would be the best - monogrammed cards, or pretty and simple cards for everyday use, or an assortment with a few birthday cards, a get well card, a few thinking of you, etc. I know I have also seen how you can make a matching box for the cards to go in. I'm sure by the time I get that far along I will have found the instructions for the boxes!

SI was hoping that some of you would have some ideas. It's nothing for us to whip up a card for an occasion but everyone I know has to run out to the store to buy them.

As far as monogram notecards would go, if I did a single letter monogram wouuld I use the initial of the last name or the first name on casual personalized stationary?

Last year I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and I was hit hard at Christmas and just couldn't get shopping and cards finished. I'd rather hit it early this year and be prepared!
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

I would love to receive a set of personalized note cards. I prefer/like my first name initial, most people will probably want their last name initial. you could also opt for something like a decorated front with something like just a note or thank you.
If you so cards with the box you could put it in a recipe box and decorate that. They usually sell them for a buck in M's. Your friends are lucky people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I make lots of note card sets too (I just responded to your tag thread). Here are a couple gift card sets I have in my gallery. They are lots of fun to make and it is easy to modify those $1 gift card sets you can find in Michael's that have 6 with envies!

Set of {ippity} quickity cards by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LSC205 CAS gift set by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Gift set using rub ons by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

here is a set of monograms, I used the first and last initials:
Another set of 3 -monogram cards by sf9erfan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

first i just want to say how sorry i am about your news of ms. i'm sure you have seen this website. my aunt has ms and she has good days and bad days, as i'm sure you know all about that. 2011 Gala | Erase MS

i just love these monogram cards. if you just put their first initial they can use them for almost any occasion. thank you notes, just saying hi, happy birthday, etc. i think they would be easy to make, but pretty enough that they don't look cheap or just thrown together. i know i would use them if i got them.
Custom Made Monogrammed Note Cards, Set of 5, Die Cut : MomOnTheEdge - ArtFire Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Hi! I just received the recent issue of Southern Living, the subscription was a gift from a friend, and on their "new" page were monogrammed note cards. The card shape looks a lot like the top note die, an initial in the center and a few soft colored flowers above and below the initial. So, you're right "in" with what's current. I'm going to make some too for myself and some friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow, what great ideas you all had, thank you for taking the time to respond, for the links and the pictures.. I'm starting to get excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Great Grace is a wonderful name!
Your post got some wonderful responses, and I will be joining you in making note cards.
Have a blessed day!
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes