Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like Spring set and punch boo-boo

I bought the Looks like spring and when I cut them apart I made a Boo-boo. I should have left the 3 small stamps together as one stamp as the stamp lines up with the Spring Bouquet punch. I worked at it and have all 3 of them back on one stamp pretty well lined up. I wonder if I am the only one that has done that. I do love this set and have worked with it a lot.
Mary in VT
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I read a few weeks ago on here that someone did that and their ingenious solution was to punch out the flowers and then take the paper with the punch outs (not the punched flowers themselves, but the left over paper with the holes in them) and put that on the block, then mount the stamps where the punch outs are. I thought it was such a good idea! I did not cut mine entirely apart, I just left little snips of attached rubber so I could mount them, but I wished I had cut them apart after reading that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Why does it matter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary in VT
I bought the Looks like spring and when I cut them apart I made a Boo-boo. I should have left the 3 small stamps together as one stamp as the stamp lines up with the Spring Bouquet punch. I worked at it and have all 3 of them back on one stamp pretty well lined up. I wonder if I am the only one that has done that. I do love this set and have worked with it a lot.
Mary in VT
Now I'm curious...why does it matter, when the flowers punch out separately anyway... What am I missing???
My SU demonstrator actually mounted each one separately, one on the usual side you'd mount the stamp on, one on one end of the wood mount, and the third on the other end of the wood mount, so she could use each one separately without having to go to the trouble of inking each one separately and then cleaning it before she could use the next one, etc...it seemed like a really smart thing to do....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamasam
Now I'm curious...why does it matter, when the flowers punch out separately anyway... What am I missing???
My SU demonstrator actually mounted each one separately, one on the usual side you'd mount the stamp on, one on one end of the wood mount, and the third on the other end of the wood mount, so she could use each one separately without having to go to the trouble of inking each one separately and then cleaning it before she could use the next one, etc...it seemed like a really smart thing to do....
If you stamp the three flowers (say on whisper white or something) you can then punch the stamped flowers out by lining up the punch with the stamped images - it is set to line up perfectly. You can try to punch out first them stamp them, but I would think it would be hard to line up on those itty bitty punch outs...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

The advantage to having them all together where they originally were is that when you stamp the 3 flowers, they're designed to line up exactly with the punch and you can punch all 3 at once as well. And, not only that, they line up with the punch upside down, so you can see where you're punching.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

This is good to know. I purposely did not cut that particular flower stamp because I wanted to ride the tide to see what everyone else was doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am glad I read this. I just ordered this set and I probably would have cut them wrong too. A couple of my customers have also ordered so I will have to pass the info on to them. Thanks for the advice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much....this makes the it even more exciting than I already thought it was...I am new to this site so am just beginning to find my way around, and fairly new to SU besides (one year)...I have been stamping for 15 years and love that there is always something new and excitig!
Reply With Quote Likes