Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2004, 02:24 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Rock, AR, demos

This evening my DH and I found out that we are moving to the Little Rock area next spring. So, I am looking for a SU! demo. I can't use the look up offered at the SU! sight since we don't know exactly where we are going to live (in other words, we don't have a street address yet) and won't know for some time. I'm curious as to how many demos there are in the area or if anyone can suggest her demo. Thanks for your help!

PS Am I the only one that does not like the Search for a Demo area of the SU! sight? I've used it a few times before and always had some difficulty using it. Has something to do with the street address part. Why can't they just accept the city and state?

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 02:46 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I don't know anyone in Little Rock, but I share your frustration with the demo search function. If I'm really in a pinch and need to find someone in a certain area, I just type in some really generic address like "100 Main Street" or something.... and cross my fingers. It has worked for me!

Another idea: You could try finding the address of a business or organization in the desired town ... or Yahoo! People Search and see if there's anyone named "Smith" or "Johnson" that lists an address.

HTH
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 03:44 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

LisaAnn26
aeweaver
keagle
Catlover1953

These gals show Little Rock but doesn't stephstamps live near there as well?? There are a couple more too!
Hope you find a great demo!
Best of luck with your move!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 04:46 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I pm'd you! Welcome
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Thanks ladies!
I have to admit at first I was disappointed when we got Little Rock, but after talking to my mil, it really doesn't sound so bad. She said it is near Branson, Missouri. My mom goes there occasionally with friends and it would be nice to meet her there to spend some quality shopping time together! Also, my DH said it is about 10 hours from my mom's house, which compared to living here in Alaska for 5 years, isn't really all that far away! And to think that when we lived about 7 hours away from Mom in NC we thought it was a long distance!
What other attractions or information can anyone give me about Little Rock? We have three-year-old twin boys and my husband likes to hunt and fish. I just plain like to be outside.
Janice

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

bump

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Janice,
Although I am a demo in NW Arkansas, I just wanted to say welcome and GO HOGS!! Little Rock has a variety of activities with scenic opportunities nearby for fishing, hunting, hiking or whatever. I have several former co-workers who have family in Bryant (just south of LR) and they still love central Arkansas and travel there often!! Hope your move is a smooth one.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Arkansas is the Natural State and has an abundance of outdoor activities. My family and I go camping quite a bit. Little Rock is filled with State, national, and federal parks. We have Scenic byways, 7 wild and scenic rivers, lakes, and several small mountains. The people here are very friendly and you have no problem making friends for you family.

City life is good too...though we are not as huge as big cities like Atlanta and San Antonio...but we have all you need in malls, musuems, markets, craft shows, shopping, special events and amusements. Hot Springs is also just 1 hour away. Erureka Springs is also very close.

Let us know when you arrive and we can welcome you with the stampers in the area. Many of us have young children about the age of your children. I'm assuming your husband is Military??? Or is he in a different line of service. You may be living in one of the surrounding towns of little rock. Also if you attend church , there are many churches in the area that are very family oriented.

Check out:

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/

http://www.arkansas.com/
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 09:54 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Default Little Rock Demonstrator

I am a part of a Stampin' Up group that meets once a month with our demonstrator. We do a swap, rotate hostessing with the hostess demoing a project and the SU Demonstrator demoing two projects. We leave there with at least 12 different projects each month. Our Demonstrator;s name is Becky Liggin. You can look her up on the SU web site. We would love to have you join us when you come down this spring. We have a blast and learn so many new techniques that our minds swim with ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa!
I was born in Rogers lived in Bentenville (or a little bitty town on the outskirts!) and I have family in Lowell, Fort Smith, Mulberry and Van Buren.
I LOVE Arkansas for all the beautiful things it has to offer. My fathers family has lived there forever (I was only there for 8 years or so and moved on to OKC) but I go back all the time and love it! Janice I am sure that it will be great for you - as long as you remember (like I have to remind myself all the time) each place you live, it is up to you whether you make it home or not.....you just have to make the best of all that God gives you and your blessings will be many!

Enjoy!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Janice I am sure that it will be great for you - as long as you remember (like I have to remind myself all the time) each place you live, it is up to you whether you make it home or not.....you just have to make the best of all that God gives you and your blessings will be many!
I have seen where this is true. Our previous neighbors never went anywhere while they lived here and so couldn't wait to get out of Alaska. How can you enjoy anyplace if you don't go out and see what there is to offer? We love Alaska and are talking about retiring here, just farther south where the winters aren't so severe!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Janice,
Welcome to Arkansas. AEWeaver (Anne) is my demo. She's great. I hope you'll form a better impression of Arkansas after you've seen more of it. It really is a nice place to live. Little Rock is growing all the time, but is still a small enough place that one isn't overwhelmed by it. As for nature, hunting and fishing we have plenty of that as well. I hope you'll enjoy your new home.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Default Little Rock Demos

HELLO, my name is Debra Dismuke and I am in Pine Bluff, AR. We live about 38 miles south of LR. We moved here 41/2 years ago and have been very happy.

I would love to to meet with you if you are in our area, otherwise I can help you find several demos that might be close to you.

I have moved 10 times in 14 years of marriage so believe me when I say, GOOD LUCK with your move.

Debra Dismuke
www.crazy4stamps.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 05:55 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Photocropper, I grew up in Ft. Smith and my parents still live there. I now live in Houston. My parents live on Free Ferry Rd. That is so cool to know someone that knows Ft. Smith.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I am actually in Fort Smith as we speak..I came to visit a friend and do a little stamping! The fall color seems to be so much better up here then in Little Rock for some reason. It's beautiful!
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:09 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone!!! I was so excited to see all your posts! I live in Mountain Home and I loooooove it here! I moved here a year ago from Wisconsin.
If you are looking for a demo in the Little Rock area, contact keagle. She can probably point you in the right direction!
She is also trying to organize a stamping get together for all us Arkansans in the spring! How cool would that be!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #17  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!
Default Little Rock demos

I live in Little Rock (the west part) and have for the last 6 or so years. I know that there is plenty of things for everyone to do! There is hunting, camping, as well as many indoor things. The shopping isn't like Dallas, or St. Louis but supposedly we are to be getting some nice new shops in the next few years!
There are also many things for young children to do! I am a nanny and have also been a director of a child care center. If you have any questions please contact me. I am also a Demonstrator for SU! and would love to help you out in any way!
I pm'd you with my contact info!
Darcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I'm in Cabot, that is about 26 miles from Little Rock. I would be more than happy to meet with you. I have a Basement that is huge and I have several work nights and classes there. I offer the use of my stamps for free in my stamp room on my work nights. I have a Stamp club that meets on the first Tuesday of every month and we love for visitors to come and check it out and do the make-n-take with us.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!

Tracey Thompson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Hey Ladies!! This is such a fun thread. My husband and I moved to Fort Smith when we first married and lived there for almost a year (so I know exactly where Free Ferry is located!!). We moved back to Bentonville so I could resume teaching at the high school...my husband didn't have a job at the time but found one before we were completely moved. This area is absolutely booming and it's hard to keep up with the growth. My husband now works for Wal-Mart and I am at home with our youngest daughter until she is well settled in elementary school.

Hope to meet you all when keagle pulls Arkansas crafters together in the spring!!
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 01:30 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Since I was born in Little Rock and raised in Ft. Smith, I would have to say that I absolutely love Arkansas! I went to school in San Antonio and never left Texas. My parents never allowed another child to go to school in Texas in case that happened to them too. However, I was an education major and the pay in Texas at the time was $14,000 more than in Arkansas, so that is why I stayed in Texas. Houston is just not as pretty as Arkansas is though and I really miss the change of seasons. Here it is the week of Thanksgiving and we are still wearing shorts in Houston. I want some cold weather! OOPS! We are supposed to be talking about stamping! I love SU and became a demo in March. Originally I was just going to use the discount, but the teacher inside of me let loose and now I love giving stamp camps and workshops. Go HOGS! I used to wear my plastic hog hat inside my classroom during March madness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2004, 03:05 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

arhawg said:
Quote:

The shopping isn't like Dallas, or St. Louis but supposedly we are to be getting some nice new shops in the next few years!
Believe me, the shopping in LR has to be better than in Fairbanks!! We just got Wal-mart last May!

Quote:

(keagle) is also trying to organize a stamping get together for all us Arkansans in the spring! How cool would that be!!!
When in the spring? We won't be there until maybe mid-March.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Janice -

I was wondering if you have made it to Arkansas yet?

I hope your move was okay and you are getting settled in.

Let us know how you are doing.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2005, 05:55 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Just another hello from Arkansas and especially those who've lived in Fort Smith - I live there now and love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Default Demo in Little Rock

My name is Lana Dunn and I am a demonstrator in Little Rock, Arkansas. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wanted to let you Arkansas ladies know that we are trying to get an SCS meet and greet together in September.

Her is the link if you are intersted:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes