Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Crimping Master

Default On-Line Stamp Club (SU)

Is it possible to do a Stamp Club (monthly minimum purchase) with on-line friends?? I CAN'T talk my IRL friends into stamping, not enough time, too expensive, already scrapbook, yada, yada, yada..... Anyway, I really don't want to meet the monthly minimums on my own
I was thinking I could do a 10% discount, mostly so they wouldn't have to pay for shipping twice and then maybe start a yahoo group.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Or if your interested in doing this let me know.
If this is "illegal" let me know, PLEASE!!!
Thanks, Sunshine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Inking Addict

Default re

I am in a SU club. It runs 10 months and each of us get to host one month. It is almost over and the minimum was $15, plus your shipping. I always busted the $15 but I got loads of stuff to show for it.

Julie
Old 03-16-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
Compulsive Stamper

Default stamp club

I would email or call Stampin' Up! to check it out for sure. THis is kind of a gray area, but I know you cannot solicit online sales. I am not sure if it is the same thing or not. You wouldn't want to do anything illegal and if you called Stampin' Up!, you would know for sure and not have to worry! Just a suggestion
Old 03-16-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Kookie Creator

I'm not sure where this falls, but when I place orders with a friend of mine who is a demo but lives in another state, I e-mail them to her. And she e-mails out her newsletter, so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

Kate
Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

You can start an online stamp club if you already know the people. You can do it through email if you'd like. Do you have an email newsletter for your customers that don't live very close?

I don't think you can ask anyone from scs to join your stamp club, as that would be soliciting sales online.

Sencie
Old 03-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

I find SU rules so confusing and restricting. What do you mean when you say that SU doesn't permit soliciting on line? Does that mean that the emails I get from demos are illegal? (By the way -- I love their emails!). Does SU really only want sales at parties? If so, should I tell my demo that it is illegal for her to sell to me???

Come on! Many many folks with lots of dollars don't go to parties. I've spent hundreds, dare I say a few thousand on SU and I've never ever been invited to a traditional party, let alone attend one.

I hope I don't sound pouty but SU seems to be very complicated. I understand that they want the traditional party concept, but....do they really want to deny sales through the use of the internet, etc???
Old 03-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

A demo can take an order through email.

But you can't solicit sales through a webiste... such as scs. Can you imagine if every demo on here said... "Hey, I'm starting an online stamp club... anyone want to join?" That's the same reason demos can't sale current sets on here.

Sencie
Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it would be great if demos could use the internet, including this site, to form clubs, offer discounts, etc. However, I understand the limitations put on by SU and after all, this isn't world peace I'm getting so pouty about, so please accept my apologies. I'm actually angry at my kid for NOT DOING HIS SCIENCE PROJECT!!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I think it would be great if demos could use the internet, including this site, to form clubs, offer discounts, etc. However, I understand the limitations put on by SU and after all, this isn't world peace I'm getting so pouty about, so please accept my apologies. I'm actually angry at my kid for NOT DOING HIS SCIENCE PROJECT!!
Joan,
I understand. Actually a demo can solicit sales via her stampin' up website... I should have mentioned that. Just not scs, ebay, or other websites.

And as for the science project... I understand that too. Sometimes kids will put off things until the last minute! Then it seems the stress is on us to get them to do it. Hope you can him/her motivated!

Sencie
Old 03-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #10
Insane Embellisher

I've thought about doing this as well as I have a big group of ladies that I send an E-mail newsletter to. However, there's one big obstacle that you need to consider - POSTAGE! All the orders have to be shipped to one place - presumably you and then will need to be re-shipped to each of your group. So are you going to charge them double shipping or eat up all your commission by paying the postage yourself? That's the big question and it's one I haven't really figured out, so that's why I haven't started one myself. Let me know if you've got any good ideas on the subject.

Visit my Demo Website
I have a bouncing baby blog

There are three types of people in the world - those who can count and those who can't.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentil
I've thought about doing this as well as I have a big group of ladies that I send an E-mail newsletter to. However, there's one big obstacle that you need to consider - POSTAGE! All the orders have to be shipped to one place - presumably you and then will need to be re-shipped to each of your group. So are you going to charge them double shipping or eat up all your commission by paying the postage yourself? That's the big question and it's one I haven't really figured out, so that's why I haven't started one myself. Let me know if you've got any good ideas on the subject.
You're right, shipping would be a huge problem! Let's say a person bought $25 worth of product. The shipping for the order would be $2.50. Then how much more would it cost to mail it to them from your house? If it's under 1 pound it would be $3.85 to anywhere in the US. If it's over a pound the price goes up and is different depending on how far they live from you. As an example... if I mail something to someone on the east coast and I'm in CA... if the package is 1 pound 2 oz. it would cost $5.75 to mail it. And stamp sets aren't lightweight.

Sencie
Old 03-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

By the way... there's also the hassle to you to package everything to mail to everyone. And how can it be packaged? Padded envelopes cost money. You can use some of the free postal boxes if the items fit. However, keep in mind that the boxes are heavier than envelopes and also add to the weight of the shipment.

Anyhow, just some things to think about.

Sencie
Old 03-16-2005, 11:50 PM   #13
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Joan,

You need to remember that SU! is VERY dedicated to the AT HOME demonstration and business, and if you really look at their rules, they all support that, ... and the protection of their copyrighted images.

So yeah, it's complicated because they want to try to cover all the bases.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 03-17-2005, 12:08 AM   #14
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Joan, how old is DS?

I am reminded of my DS's rolling soda can that set a record at his school a couple years ago. LOL

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 03-17-2005, 02:44 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Good try on trying to help my son with his project! He has to write a 5 - 7 page report on what the world will be like geologically 250 million years from now. I hate this stuff. Why can't they just memorize like we did years ago (LOL). In any event, he is brilliant but unmotivated and he will have to make his way in this project and life in general!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good try on trying to help my son with his project! He has to write a 5 - 7 page report on what the world will be like geologically 250 million years from now. I hate this stuff. Why can't they just memorize like we did years ago (LOL). In any event, he is brilliant but unmotivated and he will have to make his way in this project and life in general!
Yikes! It would only be speculation on how the earth will be 250 million years from now. Why would they have them do a project like that? I'm glad I don't have to write it!

Sencie
Old 03-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #17
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Not to hijack this thread, but it sounds like our boys could be brothers! My boy is 16 now and we've had these exact problems with him all through school. We've tried just about everything we can think of to help him - incentives, punishments, rewards, restriction, the counselors, a special homework class, a special planner, ADD medication, contracts with the teachers, etc. etc. It is just SO frustrating because this kid is legitimately brilliant - he just has this big problem that he just can't get past.

Now we are trying a hyponotherapist. I figure it's a deep self-esteem issue where he just doesn't feel like he deserves the good grades and the recognition he is entitled to. It seems to be helping, but it certainly isn't the magic bullet we were hoping for. Although he has shown quite a bit of improvement since we started the sessions - for instance he's kept up his planner for over a month. That's a first!

I didn't notice how old your DS is, but I would definitely advise you to get the problem solved sooner rather than later. It gets a LOT harder when they get into Jr. High and High School and I have real nightmares about what it's going to be like when he gets out on his own and is trying to please a boss!

Visit my Demo Website
I have a bouncing baby blog

There are three types of people in the world - those who can count and those who can't.