Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #3641
Mad Swapper

Smile

Ho Ho Ho!!!!

The Christmas deadlines are causing a little stress and anxiety for me, when you make most of the gifts there is always so much to do.

But it will get done, family will not be disappointed, friends will be thrilled.

Ho Ho Ho!!!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #3642
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
Bed &Bath has a good sale on, lasts through tomorrow.

I am making fabric baskets out of gingerbread fabric, some spicy foaming hand soap, gingerbread cookies, and coordinating Christmas cards will fill them up. Cost is about $5.00 a basket, so pretty reasonable gift for friends and co workers.

I have got to get to work.

just saw your post.made me think of a cute stamp i have.

"some of my favorite men are cookies"

you could type and print from your computer......
Old 12-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #3643
Insane Embellisher

My first two shows were very successful! I have 2 more shows to go, the next 2 Saturdays. I an working on some new items for these 2 sales. These shows are smaller so I can kind of feel out projects and see if they are going to be popular. I also did M&M Sticks for the first time at my last show and I sold over 50! I made more for the next sale and posted photos on my Facebook page and got 4 orders! So I had to make more. That's a good problem to have!!

Here are some photos of new items. Mini tic tac holders (tic tacs from Amazon. Tweaked a tutorial from PaperPixie)

Two types of Peppermint Patty holder

M&M sticks

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2019, 01:12 AM   #3644
Mad Swapper

Smile

Too cute, especially the M&M sticks.

I am working on fabric bags tonite, then cards tomorrow.

My husband has a holiday shirt " wake me when it's over".
Old 12-05-2019, 05:36 AM   #3645
Insane Embellisher

Lol Sounds like a shirt my husband would have!!
Still working on craft fair items. (Just realized this wasnt that thread oops)

The Dr put me on meds that gave me horrible dry mouth. I have tried all of the remedies and stopped the meds months ago. I had stopped it once before because it was causing problems with my teeth but needed to go back on it. Well.....I broke another tooth! 😡 Unfortunately I also grind my teeth which is bad. So anyway I will be making another appointment today. Prior to the meds I had ONE cavity. Since the meds I have had multiple cavities, 2 root canals 3 broken teeth and an extraction!!! My brushing habits havent changed if anything I am more diligent with it. The dentist told me I am doing everything right. I started wearing a mouth guard at night to prevent grinding. I am so tired of this.

In the meantime my son who had surgery in October now.has to get a machine to "wake up" his quad muscle. Not covered by insurance.
Tuesday my daughter who switched to a (free) Charter school in August which offers a Liberal Arts education and college courses and smaller classes (graduating class is about 75. Previous school was 600+). She only switched because they told her she could do Allied Health in 12th grade. She found out Tuesday that they do not offer transportation to the school and she needs to have her own vehicle. She doesnt even have a license!!! So next year I will be driving 30 minutes each morning to take her to the Technical school wait 2 hours and take her to the high school. It isnt an option to carpool with her friend who is also taking the course because some days one goes to one hospital while the other goes to the other hospital! The one hospital is about 45 minutes from my house. I am thankful that I am already a stay-at-home Mom but.... it is going to be a big inconvenience. But then again I am not going to make her miss out!

Sorry just had to vent.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #3646
Mad Swapper

Smile

Oh my, what a lot to burden. Always feel free to vent. Medical expenses are exorbent, and does not help that it's right here at Christmas. When I had to take my grandsons to sport practices, I lived 45 minutes away, so I would bring a plastic case of cards I could glue together, needlework. A few times I brought a pillow and blanket, set my phone alarm took a much needed nap.

I have 147 weeks to retirement, I am counting down by the seconds.

Ho Ho Ho
Old 12-06-2019, 01:24 AM   #3647
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
Oh my, what a lot to burden. Always feel free to vent. Medical expenses are exorbent, and does not help that it's right here at Christmas. When I had to take my grandsons to sport practices, I lived 45 minutes away, so I would bring a plastic case of cards I could glue together, needlework. A few times I brought a pillow and blanket, set my phone alarm took a much needed nap.

I have 147 weeks to retirement, I am counting down by the seconds.

Ho Ho Ho
LOL I have a pillow and blanket in my car. Since my son is still having issues getting around after his knee surgery I take him back and forth to school each day. He gets out earlier then the rest of the school so he diesnt have to walk far to the car and so he doesnt have to fight the dismissal rush. School let's out at 3. He is dismissed at 2:50. I kid you not if I am not at the school by 2 PM I am the 15th car in line at pick up!!! It is ridiculous! So I get there at 2 and I am one if the first 4 cars. I recline my seat snuggle up and take a nap while I am waiting! Let me tell you I wake up refreshed and ready to go!
In the warmer weather I plan on going fishing while I wait! The schools are not far from where we often go fishing.
The biggest issue is going to be the cold winter months! Brrr

Good luck with your retirement count down!!
lynnewithane likes this post.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #3648
Mad Swapper

Smile

Whew, Christmas 2019 was a tough one.

But I made it, and already planning what I am going to craft/stamp/sew for next year.
PikkuLilla likes this post.