Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #1641
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
Yeah, what's the deal with the icons?

Patrice
I have no idea - I've never heard of "furling" posts or even what "furl" means...bookmark, maybe? But then there's a bookmark post too.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #1642
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
Yeah, what's the deal with the icons?

Patrice
Ok so I clicked on the first one - it takes me to a website called "Digg" which looks like some kind of oddball news site or something? You can connect with Facebook on it but I didn't investigate much further - the main page was advertising a conversation on why there is no nude button on google, and some conversation about the first time someone had sex....still not sure what all this has to do with crafting!

The second one takes me to a website called "delicious" and it is a "Social bookmarking website" Their website says "Delicious is a Social Bookmarking service, which means you can save all your bookmarks online, share them with other people, and see what other people are bookmarking. It also means that we can show you the most popular bookmarks being saved right now across many areas of interest. In addition, our search and tagging tools help you keep track of your entire bookmark collection and find tasty new bookmarks from people like you"

The third takes me to a website called Technorati, and their website says it is another bookmarking website but it's not really up and running.

The last is for Diigo, "Collect and highlight, then remember"

So I'm guessing it's new ways for us to bookmark our favorite threads.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #1643
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Hey All! I picked up the mini comps yesterday as well. I did not get the regular sized ones because I know I can get them for 99 cents somewhere. I will be out today to stop at Wal-Mart and Office Depot (I think that is where I got them for 99 cents last year).
Target has the soft covered one fr 25 cents each this week...........
Old 07-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #1644
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
Cool, I have to go to the eye DR today, I will stop in and see what they have. Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 AM   #1645
Mad Swapper

Wink

Friday bump
Old 07-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #1646
Glitter Guru

If you are a sewer, here is a link for a cute fabric eyeglass case to make:
Handmade Glasses Case Tutorial | Skip To My Lou

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #1647
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Are they the full sized or the minis?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #1648
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Are they the full sized or the minis?
Full size! The store I went to had 3 left! i grabbed them just to have on hand - in the draw they went with all the others I have and all the file folders.............way too much stuff but one never knows when they will be needed!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:06 AM   #1649
Crimping Master

Quote:

Full size! The store I went to had 3 left! i grabbed them just to have on hand - in the draw they went with all the others I have and all the file folders.............way too much stuff but one never knows when they will be needed!
Oh, so you're a hoarder like me?! LOL!
Old 07-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #1650
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

Aren't we all???? I went to my former Demos retirement sale and stocked up on some paper - than ordered ink refils and markers from here - did I need it all - NOPE but it sure was fun stashing it all away!!! I am trying to convince myself that I don't need to go to her house again tomorrow morning at 8:00am to buy more! LOL I should be getting started on my Christmas projects instead of buying more goodies - but I just can't help myself!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #1651
Insane Embellisher

Smile RUN, Don't WALK..........WalMart Alert!

Hi Ladies
I just came back from WalMart - and they have the large, soft cover Composition notebooks for 25 cents!! They have marble, striped, checkered and another design covers - not that it probably matters the covers since most cover them but I was thinking the checked ones would be nice to incorporate for a NASCAR theme - just covering the wording on the front and back and leaving the rest as is for a checkered flag effect! The school section is loaded with lots of goodies and decent prices! The black and white striped ones are different also but can make your eyes go a bit buggy! LOL Of course I bought 12 more to add to my collection!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #1652
Rubber Obsessor

just joining thread
Old 07-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #1653
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Ha!...I have cereal boxes broken down and stored on my bookcase in my craft room and my daughter thinks I need professional help with hoarding...gee..I might get a really good idea and need them, same way with used dryer sheets...so many supplies...so little time...

Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #1654
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
A cute Christmas idea for family and friends are Peeps Smores! (snowman_smores_by_kamperstampr by kamperstampr - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers)
Can't open the link...it says that the picture has been removed?
Old 07-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #1655
Stazon Splitcoast

moncia-try again. link just worked for me
Old 07-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #1656
Glitter Guru

Worked fine for me, try again.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #1657
Crimping Master

Oh that is a cute idea....Peep S'mores. But, aren't Peeps sweeter than regular marshmellows? Not my thing, too sweet!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #1658
Matboard Maniac

For the past several years I have enjoyed making gifts for my friends and immediate family. I usually make one main larger gift and then of course add goodies for the guys to enjoy. One year I made a box with an altered picture frame that said Family and the items in the box started with one of the letters in Family. For instance F was for frame, A was for air freshner that I purchased at Bath and Body, etc. Another year I purchased some 12 x 12 ceramic tiles and monogramed them with letters from Uppercase Living. They were real simple to make and turned out pretty neat. Last year I made clipboard calendars. There are pictures of these in my gallery. This year I am still trying to decide what to do. I have enjoyed working with metal lately and making magnetic frames and am thinking maybe that is what I should do. I made a couple of small magnetic note frames yesterday and they were very simple. I have pictures of them in my gallery and on my blog. I am thinking that a larger version of those would make a neat main gift.

JUdesigns
Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #1659
Crimping Master

Nice gallery Jenn!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #1660
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Nice gallery Jenn!
Thanks, yours is too! Your cards and everything are so neat and fun. I really like the Believe and Family chipboard albums that you did. I have been asked to come up with something like that as a wedding gift, so I am thinking about doing a Love chipboard album.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1661
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennunderView Post
Thanks, yours is too! Your cards and everything are so neat and fun. I really like the Believe and Family chipboard albums that you did. I have been asked to come up with something like that as a wedding gift, so I am thinking about doing a Love chipboard album.
Bo Bunny makes those and I bought mine at HL with the 40% off coupons. But, I do know that if you have the big Cricut you can cut your own. Don't forget to post when you are finished.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #1662
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

For the past several years I have enjoyed making gifts for my friends and immediate family. I usually make one main larger gift and then of course add goodies for the guys to enjoy. One year I made a box with an altered picture frame that said Family and the items in the box started with one of the letters in Family. For instance F was for frame, A was for air freshner that I purchased at Bath and Body, etc. Another year I purchased some 12 x 12 ceramic tiles and monogramed them with letters from Uppercase Living. They were real simple to make and turned out pretty neat. Last year I made clipboard calendars. There are pictures of these in my gallery. This year I am still trying to decide what to do. I have enjoyed working with metal lately and making magnetic frames and am thinking maybe that is what I should do. I made a couple of small magnetic note frames yesterday and they were very simple. I have pictures of them in my gallery and on my blog. I am thinking that a larger version of those would make a neat main gift.

JUdesigns
wow nice gallery thanx for sharing some lovely ideas xx jo xx
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #1663
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfcView Post
So many of these ideas will be great to use with the logo stamps I have.

Here are a few favorites that were created with them. I think they can be adapted for so many of the ideas posted.

What a truly gorgeous job you did. Classy stuff. TFS
Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #1664
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfcView Post
So many of these ideas will be great to use with the logo stamps I have.

Here are a few favorites that were created with them. I think they can be adapted for so many of the ideas posted.

I can't take credit for those gorgeous creations. They were done by 2 of my design team members.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-12-2010 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: removed sale info.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #1665
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

JUdesigns
Jenn, Have you seen the jr legal pad in a tin craft yet? It sounds like something right up your alley. I loved your name frames - I'm doing some too but for now I'm going to be doing them with the ribbon and then one special one in a frame. The ribbon ones are for the craft fair, the framed one will be for my good friend's birthday.

Anyway, the legal pad in a tin - it's really cool! It's my gift this year to my girl cousins. You alter the jr. legal pad - I take patterned paper and wrap it up the back of the pad and then fold over the top border part. Super easy, super cute. That goes in the right side of the open tin, with an RSVP pen to match (I don't do beaded, but just the patterned paper inside the pen.) Then the other side of the tin is a magnetic notes section. I just ordered some write-on wipe-off 8.5x11 sheets - I will use my Nesties and cut out a square (probably scalloped, the biggest die in the set) of the write on wipe off sheet and put that on the bottom. At the top I will use my Gazelle to cut out their names and then the word "Notes" and then I will have a mini post it note pad glued on there. I'm adding some personalized magnets that I'm making on my computer - mainly family photographs, photos of their fiancees/husbands and some of their children.

Then I am going to cover the front and back of the tin in matching patterned paper - I'm running it through my Xyron with my adhesive/laminate combo cartridge. I'll put that on, wrap matching ribbon around the edges and then put some embellishments on the front - you could stamp or use chipboard or whatever. I'm going to use my Gazzy to cut stuff because I'm more of a die-cutter than a stamper.

It's not cost effective to sell them, the tins cost me $3 a piece, you add the cost of the jr legal tab, the paper, the piece of write on wipe off, I'm looking at a cost of about $6 - so I'd have to sell them for $12 to make it worth my while and I don't think people would buy them for that. BUT it is going to make some great gifts.

For my cousins' husbands/fiancees I am going to be doing what I WAS going to do last year and ran out of time - Husband Survival Kits. It's a set of cards that they can give to their wife. It will have Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's Day, 2 I'm Sorry and 1 Just Because card in it. I'll put it in a box and glue on the lid a calendar that tells them what days they should give their wife the card! (LOL!) No more excuses for not having a card for whatever all-important day it is

I love your gallery!!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #1666
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, and here is where I found the Jr Legal Pad in a Tin thingie - I guess you have to have the legal pads cut to fit, but I'm doing about 10 of them so I think it will be worth the $2 or $4 to have Staples cut them down for me.

Jr Legal Pad in a Tin

Edit: There are a lot more examples in the DVD Tins Gallery

Last edited by cardsbynikki; 07-26-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #1667
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Jenn, Have you seen the jr legal pad in a tin craft yet? It sounds like something right up your alley. I loved your name frames - I'm doing some too but for now I'm going to be doing them with the ribbon and then one special one in a frame. The ribbon ones are for the craft fair, the framed one will be for my good friend's birthday.

Anyway, the legal pad in a tin - it's really cool! It's my gift this year to my girl cousins. You alter the jr. legal pad - I take patterned paper and wrap it up the back of the pad and then fold over the top border part. Super easy, super cute. That goes in the right side of the open tin, with an RSVP pen to match (I don't do beaded, but just the patterned paper inside the pen.) Then the other side of the tin is a magnetic notes section. I just ordered some write-on wipe-off 8.5x11 sheets - I will use my Nesties and cut out a square (probably scalloped, the biggest die in the set) of the write on wipe off sheet and put that on the bottom. At the top I will use my Gazelle to cut out their names and then the word "Notes" and then I will have a mini post it note pad glued on there. I'm adding some personalized magnets that I'm making on my computer - mainly family photographs, photos of their fiancees/husbands and some of their children.

Then I am going to cover the front and back of the tin in matching patterned paper - I'm running it through my Xyron with my adhesive/laminate combo cartridge. I'll put that on, wrap matching ribbon around the edges and then put some embellishments on the front - you could stamp or use chipboard or whatever. I'm going to use my Gazzy to cut stuff because I'm more of a die-cutter than a stamper.

It's not cost effective to sell them, the tins cost me $3 a piece, you add the cost of the jr legal tab, the paper, the piece of write on wipe off, I'm looking at a cost of about $6 - so I'd have to sell them for $12 to make it worth my while and I don't think people would buy them for that. BUT it is going to make some great gifts.

For my cousins' husbands/fiancees I am going to be doing what I WAS going to do last year and ran out of time - Husband Survival Kits. It's a set of cards that they can give to their wife. It will have Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's Day, 2 I'm Sorry and 1 Just Because card in it. I'll put it in a box and glue on the lid a calendar that tells them what days they should give their wife the card! (LOL!) No more excuses for not having a card for whatever all-important day it is

I love your gallery!!
That sounds really neat! I have not heard of this. Do you happen to have pictures or a link that I can take a look at? I would love to see what they look like. I am such a visual person.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #1668
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That sounds really neat! I have not heard of this. Do you happen to have pictures or a link that I can take a look at? I would love to see what they look like. I am such a visual person.
Just posted them, sorry! I hit send before I thought to add the link - theres a link to the blog where I first found them and then a link to the DVD Tins Gallery here on SCS that has quite a few examples. Just thought since you have been loving altering up the magnet shingles that you might enjoy these too
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #1669
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
moncia-try again. link just worked for me
It's working now! Thanks..and it's cute...too bad I know for sure we don't get snowman peeps in Canada so I wouldn't be able to make them
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #1670
Polyshrink Goddess

I just made some of these for a swap and I think they're perfect for small gifts - either work or neighbor gifts. They're mini rag bags. They end up about 3 1/2" square and would hold some small goodies or a small gift. They took about an hour each to make. . . . .

Big Shot Mini Rag Bag by dmariehill - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #1671
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaRView Post
It's working now! Thanks..and it's cute...too bad I know for sure we don't get snowman peeps in Canada so I wouldn't be able to make them
I've used Christmas Tree Peeps as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #1672
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmariehillView Post
I just made some of these for a swap and I think they're perfect for small gifts - either work or neighbor gifts. They're mini rag bags. They end up about 3 1/2" square and would hold some small goodies or a small gift. They took about an hour each to make. . . . .

Big Shot Mini Rag Bag by dmariehill - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Your little Rag Bags are adorable, dmariehill! Tfs!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #1673
Insane Embellisher

Smile Snowmen Peeps - just oo cute!

Quote:

Oh that is a cute idea....Peep S'mores. But, aren't Peeps sweeter than regular marsh mellows? Not my thing, too sweet!
I agree - I have never like marsh mellow much and I never liked peeps - but these are so darn cute - so I will definatley be tracking some down to make them - everyone loves s'mores - I just leave the marsh mellow off!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #1674
Mad Swapper

Wink

Kepp the ideas coming ladies, I keep gathering ideas. I have a huge quilt I have to finish, it's for a friend, and I just want to get the blanket out of my room, it takes up a lot of space, it's cramping my style. So once I get it finished, I can start on Christmas.

I am planning to go to the Ft. Worth Stamping Up regional, so excited, make reservations tomorrow.

Patrice
Old 07-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #1675
Mad Swapper

Smile

WED BUMP
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #1676
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
Louise,

What is your mil's favorite color? Does she like flowers? I noticed your request for 90th birthday cards for her, I will send one next week sometime, will have more time to play in the "craft room" than.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:28 AM   #1677
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Louise, What is your mil's favorite color? Does she like flowers? I noticed your request for 90th birthday cards for her, I will send one next week sometime, will have more time to play in the "craft room" than.
Fav color is blue - flowers are great but just about anything (except cutsie) would thrill her. Thanks SO much for offering to do a card. I would love for her to be swamped by them. LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #1678
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I agree - I have never like marsh mellow much and I never liked peeps - but these are so darn cute - so I will definatley be tracking some down to make them - everyone loves s'mores - I just leave the marsh mellow off!
Owwww...I think (next to chocolate & coffee) marshmallows are my favorite food group. S'mores cover it all so long as I can have a cup of joe with it. LOL

LOVE this thread. So many tallented people here at SCS.
~blessings to you all.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #1679
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
No Christmas tree ones either The only peeps I have ever found are the chick ones at Easter...we aren't going to the States until end of November (Black Friday shopping!!!) and peeps won't last until next year. Maybe I can convince hubby to drive to Montana for the weekend....hmmmmm
Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #1680
Inking Addict

Last year I saw a tutorial or directions for a coffee stick holder. I think I've mixed ideas in my head, but what I want is a packet to hold a coffee stick, creamer stick and maybe a 100 calorie chocolate stick. I could modify a tea bag holder, but does anyone have or know of anything already made up?