Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:01 AM   #1281
Crimping Master

Wink Two-Bottle Frappuccino Carrier

Here are the directions to make a two bottle Frapp carrier and a link to my gallery submission. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=187303 In retrospect, I think the only thing I should have done differently was to either keep the orginal sizes that Lauren Meador gave (link for her is in my gallery) instead of cutting down to 2 1/2". The smaller size made for a tight fit when you decorate the body of the bottle.

I made 9 sets to give to the teachers, therapists, nurses and office staff at my son's school. I did not make my own cocoa, I bought a huge can from Sam's this year. I filled the other side with kisses. It was a big project but, worth it....those folks are all so good to Clark.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2 Bottle Frappuccino Carrier Directions.doc (30.5 KB, 47 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #1282
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Happy Saturday to all of you!!

I have a question, do any of you have the directions for this:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/.../photo/1508125
the op, in the comment section, says she does not have them??

Thanks!
Yep, I've made these. It's just six matchboxes stuck together with Sticky strip and two top notes stuck on the top and bottom. You can use brads, buttons, beads or flowers for the 'drawer pulls' and they're fun to fill - with tea, chocolate, punched/stamped shapes, buttons, brads... Really cute!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #1283
Crimping Master

I am wondering if you took pictures to share with the group?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Thanks! It does sound fun. I stole the idea from Gina Jane's D.A.I.S.I.E. site from the "Shopaholic Kit" but ended up just buying the shopping ladies art set (drawn by Shari Warren) instead of the kit. I didn't want to pay out the nose for enough black ink cartridges to print everything but it would be quick and easy to hit print, then cut and assemble.

I got a good deal on the B&W patterned paper and patterned cardstock, and since I bought it at Michael's, the gift bags/tissus/pens/shopping pads all coordinated very well. The only thing I printed was a label that has the shopping ladies on it and says "_______'s Shopping Survival Kit" (I'm putting their name on it, because the cousins that are getting these are all sisters and I knew they'd get them mixed up. LOL!), a tag that has the phrase on the Shopaholics set (I like my money where I can see it hanging in my closet) and then a gift tag to tie onto the other handle of the bag.

Only 4 of them (plus their mom, my aunt - so 5 kits total) are getting them. Yes, I play favorites with my cousins! LOL!

Once I get one totally done, I'll snap some pictures of it. They are turning out rather cute! Oh I forgot, I'm also including snacks. Mostly toasted crackers with the peanut butter center. I chose those because they like them, and they can just grab one and eat it and leave the rest in the purse. They don't have to worry about it crumbling apart like a granola bar would if they took a bite or two then shoved it back in their purse. I'm going to put some chocolate "Stress relief" in there as well, since this IS for Black Friday. They'll also find this whole kit funny, since I've never in my life been shopping on Black Friday!

If you have shopping stamps or girly stamps or something, you could those instead of the kit. I just don't stamp. Stamping for me, if it's something that needs something done to it besides quickly embossing with my heat gun, is just full of stress. I'm a lot happier with my Big Kick, my dies, my embossing folders, and my paper snips, paper piecing the die cuts together! If I have to color anything, it just ain't gonna happen. All I do with my stamps that require coloring is stare at them!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #1284
Crimping Master

Did you take a pictures of these to share?

Quote:

Go Patrice, Go Patrice, Get Your Craft On!

I'll be singing that for you in my horribly off-tune voice! I am glad you are getting so much done. I am FINALLY done with my Christmas card orders. I am in AWE of the ladies who make hundreds - and in a few cases, thousands - of Christmas cards for orders. I only had 75 to do and thought I'd never get finished! So I was able to really plug away today on the Black Friday kits. I switched up and decided no gift card purses. Envies are much easier (I get like this. The sooner the deadline, the more I cut corners. LOL!). And I just made them out of black cardstock and embossed with d'vine swirls instead of using up the few sheets of B &W designer cardstock I had left that had the right kind of pattern to them. I made a label thingie for the front of the envie on the computer with the shopping ladies fashionistas on it and added a hat box image I found. I put "shopping money" on it, printed it on brochure paper, xyron'ed them and put them on the front. I was really wishing I had a background stamp with swirls or dotted swiss or something, but I didn't. The embossing worked ok though. They still look nice. I printed off the hatbox image and cut them out, then put them through my X with re-positionable adhesive. They can easily unstick it to get their gift card out.

I also got my toppers made for the hand sanitizer and for the band-aids, and started on the tissue boxes. I think I will be able to get nearly the rest of it done tomorrow. I have the tissue boxes, tags, to-go cup wrappers and the mini composition books left to do. Then I can start on Christmas gifts! I am rather proud of myself that all my Thanksgiving cards are made, signed, addressed, and in envelopes. I'll mail them next week and not worry anymore about them!

Just dont ask me how many Christmas cards of my OWN I have done!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #1285
Mad Swapper

Wink

Ohhhhh, my aching back. I did a two hour Zumba class night, it was a fund raiser for a person in the community needing a kidney transplant. Ihad never done a class before, but I held my own, it's a lot of fun.

I found some cute clear 4 oz squeeze bottles at Target, they were over with the travel size products. I am going to make up some hand lotion, funnel it into the bottles, put some hand sanitizer in another. Make some stamped labels, have these a little birthday remebrances for clinic co workers.

I am off to clean up the garage. Dh says there is nothing wrong with it. I say he needs his glasses checked, dust everywhere.

Patrice
Old 01-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #1286
Glitter Guru

Here is something to make for Christmas:

Microwave Bake Potato Bag

From Hancock Fabrics holiday magazine, there was a pattern for a microwave baked potato bag. Here are the instructions:
1/3 yd cotton fabric
1/3 yd cotton batting
cotton thread
marking pencil
Optional:
1/8 yd of 3 X 5 " piece quilter's shades fabric color: buckskin (potato applique)
1/8 ys steam-a-seam
1 spool brown rayon thread

Cut:
11 X 23" piece of fabric (bag)
10 X 22" piece of fabric (lining)
11 X 23" piece cotton batting
Optional applique: shape of potato

Allow 3/8 seam allowance
Place cotton batting on wrong side of bag piece. Channel quilt 1" apart lengthwise on piece.
Fuse applique on front and satin stitch around edge of applique. Satin stitch 6 - 7 "eyes" on potato
Trim quilted piece to measure 10 X 22"
Right sides together (RST) stitch bag to lining around all sides, leaving a 5" opening on one long edge. Trim corners. Turn. Press and slip stitch opening.
RST fold top edge down 2" onton bag back. Fold front of bag so seamed edge matches top fold. Stitch each side. Press crease at bottom

To make box bottom: RST bring side seam and bottom crease line together. Pin to secure. Measure 1" along seam line from end point of seam and mark this point. Draw a line perpendicular to seam line a marked point. Stitch on line, through all thicknesses. Repeat for opposite corner. Turn right side out, turning flap to outside.

To use: Wash and dry potatoes. Wrap potatoes in paper towel. DO NOT PIERCE SKIN! Place potatoes in bag and microwave as usual until done. To serve: Remove from pouch, pierce skin with fork. Let bag air dry.

Holds up to 4 potatoes

My mom swears by this, she said it makes the best potatoes. Beware though, if you have a super high wattage microwave, be careful and watch to make sure it doesn't scorch the fabric.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #1287
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

From Hancock Fabrics holiday magazine, there was a pattern for a microwave baked potato bag. Here are the instructions:
1/3 yd cotton fabric
1/3 yd cotton batting
cotton thread
marking pencil
Optional:
1/8 yd of 3 X 5 " piece quilter's shades fabric color: buckskin (potato applique)
1/8 ys steam-a-seam

Cut:

Allow 3/8 seam allowance
Place cotton batting on wrong side of bag piece. Channel quilt 1" apart lengthwise on piece.
Fuse applique on front and satin stitch around edge of applique. Satin stitch 6 - 7 "eyes" on potato
Right sides together (RST) stitch bag to lining around all sides, leaving a 5" opening on one long edge. Trim corners. Turn. Press and slip stitch opening.
RST fold top edge down 2" onton bag back. Fold front of bag so seamed edge matches top fold. Stitch each side. Press crease at bottom

To make box bottom: RST bring side seam and bottom crease line together. Pin to secure. Measure 1" along seam line from end point of seam and mark this point. Draw a line perpendicular to seam line a marked point. Stitch on line, through all thicknesses. Repeat for opposite corner. Turn right side out, turning flap to outside.

To use: Wash and dry potatoes. Wrap potatoes in paper towel. DO NOT PIERCE SKIN! Place potatoes in bag and microwave as usual until done. To serve: Remove from pouch, pierce skin with fork. Let bag air dry.

Holds up to 4 potatoes

My mom swears by this, she said it makes the best potatoes. Beware though, if you have a super high wattage microwave, be careful and watch to make sure it doesn't scorch the fabric.
An additional twist on this is to make it about 3 inches or so longer. Waa Laa you have a corn on the cob bag as well. DD1 & I did a craft show in Dec with a lady who made them. The cooking directions are the same.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #1288
Glitter Guru

COOL!!! Will have to try that too!

Old 01-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #1289
Stampin' Fool

the only thing is that you have to make sure your fabric and batting have to be 100% cotton. Otherwise there is a risk of a fire. Kathy

Quote:

1/3 yd cotton fabric
1/3 yd cotton batting
cotton thread
marking pencil
Optional:
1/8 ys steam-a-seam

Cut:

Allow 3/8 seam allowance

Holds up to 4 potatoes

Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #1290
Glitter Guru

yes, and if they get dirty you need to wash them and make sure you clean up any spills in your microwave too before you use the,

Old 01-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #1291
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Just wanted to let you all know that I have been working diligently on this list today. I am getting ready to start page 22. I hope that I have done a good job with the organization of it. Just not sure where to put it when I am finished.....at the end of this thread? Start a new thread? Thoughts anyone??
Could you e-mail it to Patrice and she could put the pdf in the very first post on the thread?? That way it doesn't get "lost" in the thread either. Just an idea for you!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #1292
Glitter Guru

Default Matchbox Dresser

Quote:

That would be a really neat project, Mary! I don't have the matchbox die yet but, I do have the one for the leaves and top note! I would love the directions if you find them.
I told you I was on the hunt and even e-mail my friend (who is a demo, thinking maybe demo's would have directions) and she searched the web too and here is what she found for me, hope it helps Cindy and anyone else. I haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet:
http://fortheloveofstamping.blogspot...x-dresser.html

Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #1293
Crimping Master

So now that you have had a bit of time to use it, what do you think about it? I am curious because I feel the same as you. I currently use double sided tape which I buy at Sam's Club.....they have the big rolls in multi packs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
I agree with all of you here, being overwhelmed, frazzled, and spending too much is not what Christmas is all about. Let's keep this thread going, ideas flowing, and start really early in 2010. Hit some sales, stash some stuff away for next year.

I went shopping for myself, ordered me an atg. I keep going to Hobby Lobby, and M's for adhesive, the SU stuff is too pricey for my cheap self, so maybe it will cut down on my entrances to the stores, keep impulse buying down, 36 yrds of adhesive for $2.50, now that is reasonable. Hope this gun works well for me.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Patrice
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #1294
Crimping Master

Default Recycled Gift Bag

Hey There! I had one of those days down in my craft room....where you clean up just enough so you can sit down and craft some more!! I did all day...was so pleasant too! Anyway, wanted to show you one of my recycled gift bags.

This was a bag that I got from my doctors office when I bought some suppliments, the card is the front of a Christmas card and the tag is from Bath and Body Works....punched away the ring of words on the outside edge, then punched a circle of Kraft CS. Was too large so I used my trusty decorator scissors to scallop. What do you think?

Now I need to pick up different sized bags whenever there is a coupon at M's or HL! Oh, forgot to tell you....if you flip your cards to the back, sometimes there is a cute lil' pic back there for you to make a gift tag.
Attached Thumbnails
100_8235.jpg  
Old 01-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #1295
Crimping Master

Do you all think that I should go through the other Christmas thread as well for more ideas?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #1296
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Do you all think that I should go through the other Christmas thread as well for more ideas?
Sounds good, that is where I found a yummy Cherry Cake/Bread recipe that everyone likes! Oh and some bars too!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #1297
Glitter Guru

Good Monday evening to all of you! We FINALLY had sunshine yesterday, all day long too! Ah...it was good to get some Vitamin D again!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #1298
Mad Swapper

Wink

I like my atg, it's not too bulky or heavy, and no problems loading it either.
With s/h, it is about 2.75 for 36 yrds of adhesive. I have been to Michael's once since Christmas, which is hard to believe for dh.

I brought quilt stuff tonight to work, hope I remembered thread, but I know I forgot the iron. Oh well, press the squares when I get home.

Patrice
Old 01-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #1299
Glitter Guru

When you get grandmother's quilt done, would you please post a picture?! Your so lucky to still have her around and so are your grandson's! Not too many grandchildren ever get to meet their great-grandparents.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #1300
Crimping Master

Quote:

When you get grandmother's quilt done, would you please post a picture?! Your so lucky to still have her around and so are your grandson's! Not too many grandchildren ever get to meet their great-grandparents.
I met my last surviving one when I was 10. Don't remember anything much except saw her standing by her gate when I was leaving. She was wearing something that looked like it was from the 1940's.....course that visit was in 1969!

Would love to see your quilt too!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #1301
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I was 3 when my Father's Grand Mother died - so I don't remember much about her - my Father's Father died when I was 6 and I clearly remember him to this day - so my children never met him - but they have fond memories of My Father's Mom (she passed away 3 yrs ago on my Dad's birthday - no less), my Maternal Grandfather died 14 yrs ago and we just lost my Maternal Grandmother this past Sept - she was 97 yrs old (5 weeks shy of 98- and she was still so with it - it was an incredible women!), so my girls (19 and 16) were so lucky to have gotten to know 3 Great Grandparents and both sets of Grand-parents are still living - it is so special!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #1302
Crimping Master

Yes, it is.....for all of you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
I was 3 when my Father's Grand Mother died - so I don't remember much about her - my Father's Father died when I was 6 and I clearly remember him to this day - so my children never met him - but they have fond memories of My Father's Mom (she passed away 3 yrs ago on my Dad's birthday - no less), my Maternal Grandfather died 14 yrs ago and we just lost my Maternal Grandmother this past Sept - she was 97 yrs old (5 weeks shy of 98- and she was still so with it - it was an incredible women!), so my girls (19 and 16) were so lucky to have gotten to know 3 Great Grandparents and both sets of Grand-parents are still living - it is so special!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #1303
Crimping Master

I have already made 3 gift bags from recycled products/cards and started on one of my fabric gifts. I have already started collecting DP from the various local stores and websites that are/were on sale to use on projects for this Christmas.

And I already know at least 2 Christmas cards that I want to make. Had about 15 leftover cards from this year and have to decided to send them to a Nursing Home or give to a gal who sends to the troops or keep them.

Has anyone already started thinking about ideas for Christmas 2010 yet?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #1304
Insane Embellisher

Yes, I have done 2 tiles with vinyl, with my Cricut, and an altered chip board letter, some washer pendant necklaces for all the girls in my family and dh family, about 10 or 11 so far. One small scrapbook ( all the recicpent needs to do is add her photos) she will be 7 by Christmas, her mom thinks she will love it, and I am hoping this will add to her love of crafting. I have also alterded clothes pins with dp, and magnets on the back, all girls/women will all be getting 3 of these apiece. And altered little spiral notebooks for all also. So I feel like I am making good progress so far.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #1305
Crimping Master

Default Coffee Gift Card Holder

Going through the gallery for the stamp sets I have and found this one. I think it is great for using for Teacher gifts. Toss in in a bag or basket o' goodies. It is from amahanes.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Coffee Gift Card Holder Instructions.doc (69.5 KB, 108 views)
Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #1306
Crimping Master

Good for you and don't you feel good too knowing you are on your way?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelsmomView Post
Yes, I have done 2 tiles with vinyl, with my Cricut, and an altered chip board letter, some washer pendant necklaces for all the girls in my family and dh family, about 10 or 11 so far. One small scrapbook ( all the recicpent needs to do is add her photos) she will be 7 by Christmas, her mom thinks she will love it, and I am hoping this will add to her love of crafting. I have also alterded clothes pins with dp, and magnets on the back, all girls/women will all be getting 3 of these apiece. And altered little spiral notebooks for all also. So I feel like I am making good progress so far.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #1307
Glitter Guru

Sounds like you two are off to a good start!

Old 01-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #1308
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have already made 3 gift bags from recycled products/cards and started on one of my fabric gifts. I have already started collecting DP from the various local stores and websites that are/were on sale to use on projects for this Christmas.

And I already know at least 2 Christmas cards that I want to make. Had about 15 leftover cards from this year and have to decided to send them to a Nursing Home or give to a gal who sends to the troops or keep them.

Has anyone already started thinking about ideas for Christmas 2010 yet?
I SO wish I had it in me to make Christmas cards BEFORE October. I can't seem to get it in me to drag out all the Christmas stuff, and I know me, by December I will have bought new dies/paper that I want to use, and then the early-on cards will end up at the bottom of the box, and get tossed in the church ladies pile for them to hand out to people at church (which isn't at all a bad thing)

I need more motivation. LOL!

Now Christmas GIFTS - I can do those all year round! I just can't seem to get it going enough to do seasonal cards before that season approaches!

I need to take some lessons from you ladies on how to do that without being irritated with the early-on cards come fall! LOL!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #1309
Pearl-ExPert

I'm going to keep my eye out for inexpensive dry-erase boards at Michaels or (if I'm super-lucky) the $ store. I want to cut some vinyl with my Gazelle and personalize them. I really HOPE I can find some at the $ store, then they will be cheap enough I can make them for the craft fairs and still make a profit, yet keep it under $7 for them to buy.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #1310
Crimping Master

I just make a decision that I have plenty of sets that are Christmas oriented and, by golly, I'm going to use them. The folks I send to generally are not up with the latest and greatest "stuff" so, it does not really matter. I keep a list of cards that I send folks....if I sent Karen a "Home for Christmas" card last year then this next year she gets something different. I made a planner this year and have put pics of the cards in there with the card lists. To make life easier in Nov./Dec.

I also make a decision that if I have not heard from someone for more than 2 years, they are off the list. It is just that simple and money is the motivator.....I want to save it!

I have to be organized I am just too busy not to....with college courses, our disabled son, big garden, volunteering and life in general. It's what you set your mind to.

I do not know who said this but this quote applies....."What you think you can and what you think you can't, you're right!"

Quote:

I SO wish I had it in me to make Christmas cards BEFORE October. I can't seem to get it in me to drag out all the Christmas stuff, and I know me, by December I will have bought new dies/paper that I want to use, and then the early-on cards will end up at the bottom of the box, and get tossed in the church ladies pile for them to hand out to people at church (which isn't at all a bad thing)

I need more motivation. LOL!

Now Christmas GIFTS - I can do those all year round! I just can't seem to get it going enough to do seasonal cards before that season approaches!

I need to take some lessons from you ladies on how to do that without being irritated with the early-on cards come fall! LOL!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #1311
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I just make a decision that I have plenty of sets that are Christmas oriented and, by golly, I'm going to use them. The folks I send to generally are not up with the latest and greatest "stuff" so, it does not really matter. I keep a list of cards that I send folks....if I sent Karen a "Home for Christmas" card last year then this next year she gets something different. I made a planner this year and have put pics of the cards in there with the card lists. To make life easier in Nov./Dec.

I also make a decision that if I have not heard from someone for more than 2 years, they are off the list. It is just that simple and money is the motivator.....I want to save it!

I have to be organized I am just too busy not to....with college courses, our disabled son, big garden, volunteering and life in general. It's what you set your mind to.

I do not know who said this but this quote applies....."What you think you can and what you think you can't, you're right!"
I need to try and do that, I really do. Come November, usually, there's this mad scramble to get 60 cards made in as little of time as possible! I hear from everyone on my list though, so can't really cut anybody. Most of it is family and they'd be offended LOL!

I *did* pick out what I want to do for Thanksgiving cards this year, and as soon as Easter is out of the way I have a pretty big break where I don't need as many cards made (I already have all my Birthdays done through June). I think I'm going to take that time and make all 30 Thanksgiving cards right then, and if I get a better idea, file it away for next year. Maybe that will motivate me enough to do something about those 60 Christmas cards as well, and by the time I have that done, it will be time to do 4th of July, then Halloween, and THAT way I have plenty of time for Craft Fair items to be finished up, and Christmas gifts to be finished up.

I think too, I just have so much time on my hands, really. So I am almost afraid of not having enough cards or crafts to make to fill the time! LOL! I do find myself sometimes with big empty stretches where I don't need any and can't think of what to do, and end up making a whole load of cards for the church or other charities. Which isn't bad at all, it's rather good. And I KNOW come the fall things will be crammed full of other stuff, and I'm going to get stressed over getting it all done!

Just two weeks ago, I couldn't think of anything to do. I don't do Valentine's day (not good reasons not to, but still reasons, LOL) except for cards for my nieces. So I got out my Birthday list, and that's how I ended up with 6 months of Birthday cards made! LOL!

Once I get my Gazelle up and running (will that blade EVER get here?) I will cut the stuff for my Thanksgiving cards, and then maybe onto Christmas.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! LOL!

I didn't get to the Husband Survival Kits (card kits) last year (another case of waiting too long!) so that's on my to-do for this year. I need 12 sets of 8 cards, my struggle is whether or not I should make different designs or all the same. I don't mind mass producing, rather enjoy it actually, but 4 of those are to Husbands all related to one another (my aunt's husband, and then her 2 married daughters husband and my grandma's husband) and I thought maybe it would be kind of lame for them all to get the same birthday card, the same anniversary card, the same everything. So I think I need at least 4 designs of each but that seems a bit daunting, especially with Valentine's day. I don't have much valentine's day stuff and what I do have is rather juvenile, so I need to find some files for the Gazelle that I can use.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #1312
Glitter Guru

For Valentine's day, I would check the gallery and see if there are Clean and Simple ones.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #1313
Glitter Guru

Here is a easy Valentine card and no special stamps needs either:
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...us-video-.html

Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #1314
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That one is really pretty, thanks!! I have next to no Valentine's stamps, not much of a stamper as it is. I have one or two small heart dies but was trying to think of how to use that on a card and have it look substantial, this is a perfect way to use that. I do have the Heart Blocks CB folder, but alone it just looked....odd. LOL! If my Gazelle was up and running, I could cut something, so might just hold on until that new blade gets here
Old 01-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #1315
Crimping Master

That's a nice one Mary. I like looking at her blog occasionally!

Quote:

Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #1316
Crimping Master

Nikki, Do you have any chipboard? You could keep it real simple with a chipboard heart, some ribbon, a small button or flower and simple sentiment. If you have some really cool DP, or scraps, you could cover the chipboard and sand off edges....like this one. It doesn't have to be this detailed but, I think you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
6a00e552008cd788330120a59e47d3970c-800wi.jpg  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #1317
Glitter Guru

TGIFto all of you! Hope you are having a good one. We are getting snow here today, should be less than 2 inches by the time it is done, hopefully!

Old 01-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #1318
Glitter Guru

Ahh...the weekend is finally here! Happy Saturday to everyone! Isn't this the cute thing you ever saw!!
http://creationsbypatti.blogspot.com...ying-case.html

Old 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #1319
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm going to keep my eye out for inexpensive dry-erase boards at Michaels or (if I'm super-lucky) the $ store. I want to cut some vinyl with my Gazelle and personalize them. I really HOPE I can find some at the $ store, then they will be cheap enough I can make them for the craft fairs and still make a profit, yet keep it under $7 for them to buy.
I can find them some times at Big Lots so if you live near one, you might want to check there!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1320
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Ahh...the weekend is finally here! Happy Saturday to everyone! Isn't this the cute thing you ever saw!!
http://creationsbypatti.blogspot.com...ying-case.html
Hard to believe some of these wonderful project are paper, very cute in pink