Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #921
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamiscrapperView Post
I finally have something to share with all of you! Several weeks ago I hosted a SU! Christmas Card workshop. I work with my demo to make sure that every year this workshop is real special. Well this year I decided to make something for each person attending. I decided to make really simple, but very cute, Christmas tree ornaments. I had so much fun making them and everyone really loved them. Can't wait to see them on my tree this year : )

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1531055?nocache=1
Those are so pretty and look great! I admire the coloring skills quite a lot. I'm sure the ladies did love them!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #922
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
WOW! Can I be one of your cousins? Sounds like a great gift idea...would love to see some pictures if you get a chance!

Take Care -
Beth
Thanks! It does sound fun. I stole the idea from Gina Jane's D.A.I.S.I.E. site from the "Shopaholic Kit" but ended up just buying the shopping ladies art set (drawn by Shari Warren) instead of the kit. I didn't want to pay out the nose for enough black ink cartridges to print everything but it would be quick and easy to hit print, then cut and assemble.

I got a good deal on the B&W patterned paper and patterned cardstock, and since I bought it at Michael's, the gift bags/tissus/pens/shopping pads all coordinated very well. The only thing I printed was a label that has the shopping ladies on it and says "_______'s Shopping Survival Kit" (I'm putting their name on it, because the cousins that are getting these are all sisters and I knew they'd get them mixed up. LOL!), a tag that has the phrase on the Shopaholics set (I like my money where I can see it hanging in my closet) and then a gift tag to tie onto the other handle of the bag.

Only 4 of them (plus their mom, my aunt - so 5 kits total) are getting them. Yes, I play favorites with my cousins! LOL!

Once I get one totally done, I'll snap some pictures of it. They are turning out rather cute! Oh I forgot, I'm also including snacks. Mostly toasted crackers with the peanut butter center. I chose those because they like them, and they can just grab one and eat it and leave the rest in the purse. They don't have to worry about it crumbling apart like a granola bar would if they took a bite or two then shoved it back in their purse. I'm going to put some chocolate "Stress relief" in there as well, since this IS for Black Friday. They'll also find this whole kit funny, since I've never in my life been shopping on Black Friday!

If you have shopping stamps or girly stamps or something, you could those instead of the kit. I just don't stamp. Stamping for me, if it's something that needs something done to it besides quickly embossing with my heat gun, is just full of stress. I'm a lot happier with my Big Kick, my dies, my embossing folders, and my paper snips, paper piecing the die cuts together! If I have to color anything, it just ain't gonna happen. All I do with my stamps that require coloring is stare at them!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #923
Mad Swapper

Wink

I am plugging away on the craft fair items. I found a template for a small box, to hold york peppermint patties that are embellished, and I found another box that will hold A2 size cards, so I will put cards and coordinating gift tags in those. And got potholders cut out, will make cooridnating recipe cards to go with those.

My menu is planned, I delegated to family members, I got seven rows sewed today on the quilt. I am proud of myself (as I fling my perfectly starched cape behind me), I can do all this. lollollollollollol

I will be so glad when Dec 15th gets here.

Patrice
Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #924
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
I am plugging away on the craft fair items. I found a template for a small box, to hold york peppermint patties that are embellished, and I found another box that will hold A2 size cards, so I will put cards and coordinating gift tags in those. And got potholders cut out, will make cooridnating recipe cards to go with those.

My menu is planned, I delegated to family members, I got seven rows sewed today on the quilt. I am proud of myself (as I fling my perfectly starched cape behind me), I can do all this. lollollollollollol

I will be so glad when Dec 15th gets here.

Patrice
Go Patrice, Go Patrice, Get Your Craft On!

I'll be singing that for you in my horribly off-tune voice! I am glad you are getting so much done. I am FINALLY done with my Christmas card orders. I am in AWE of the ladies who make hundreds - and in a few cases, thousands - of Christmas cards for orders. I only had 75 to do and thought I'd never get finished! So I was able to really plug away today on the Black Friday kits. I switched up and decided no gift card purses. Envies are much easier (I get like this. The sooner the deadline, the more I cut corners. LOL!). And I just made them out of black cardstock and embossed with d'vine swirls instead of using up the few sheets of B &W designer cardstock I had left that had the right kind of pattern to them. I made a label thingie for the front of the envie on the computer with the shopping ladies fashionistas on it and added a hat box image I found. I put "shopping money" on it, printed it on brochure paper, xyron'ed them and put them on the front. I was really wishing I had a background stamp with swirls or dotted swiss or something, but I didn't. The embossing worked ok though. They still look nice. I printed off the hatbox image and cut them out, then put them through my X with re-positionable adhesive. They can easily unstick it to get their gift card out.

I also got my toppers made for the hand sanitizer and for the band-aids, and started on the tissue boxes. I think I will be able to get nearly the rest of it done tomorrow. I have the tissue boxes, tags, to-go cup wrappers and the mini composition books left to do. Then I can start on Christmas gifts! I am rather proud of myself that all my Thanksgiving cards are made, signed, addressed, and in envelopes. I'll mail them next week and not worry anymore about them!

Just dont ask me how many Christmas cards of my OWN I have done!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #925
Pearl-ExPert

Patrice, you ARE my hero - truly superwoman!! Don't know how you're doing it, girl! I'm dragging just after working the polls on Tuesday and staying at work until 9 last night! I'm a wimp....
Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #926
Rubber Obsessor

Patrice! You go girl! Look, up in the sky...its a bird, ... its a plane...
ITS SUPER PATRICE!! Love it, very funny.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #927
Cardstock Collector

Default Hand Sanitizer toppers

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Go Patrice, Go Patrice, Get Your Craft On!

I'll be singing that for you in my horribly off-tune voice! I am glad you are getting so much done. I am FINALLY done with my Christmas card orders. I am in AWE of the ladies who make hundreds - and in a few cases, thousands - of Christmas cards for orders. I only had 75 to do and thought I'd never get finished! So I was able to really plug away today on the Black Friday kits. I switched up and decided no gift card purses. Envies are much easier (I get like this. The sooner the deadline, the more I cut corners. LOL!). And I just made them out of black cardstock and embossed with d'vine swirls instead of using up the few sheets of B &W designer cardstock I had left that had the right kind of pattern to them. I made a label thingie for the front of the envie on the computer with the shopping ladies fashionistas on it and added a hat box image I found. I put "shopping money" on it, printed it on brochure paper, xyron'ed them and put them on the front. I was really wishing I had a background stamp with swirls or dotted swiss or something, but I didn't. The embossing worked ok though. They still look nice. I printed off the hatbox image and cut them out, then put them through my X with re-positionable adhesive. They can easily unstick it to get their gift card out.

I also got my toppers made for the hand sanitizer and for the band-aids, and started on the tissue boxes. I think I will be able to get nearly the rest of it done tomorrow. I have the tissue boxes, tags, to-go cup wrappers and the mini composition books left to do. Then I can start on Christmas gifts! I am rather proud of myself that all my Thanksgiving cards are made, signed, addressed, and in envelopes. I'll mail them next week and not worry anymore about them!

Just dont ask me how many Christmas cards of my OWN I have done!
What sort of toppers did you make for the hand sanitizers?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #928
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabe CrafterView Post
What sort of toppers did you make for the hand sanitizers?
I used Labels 8 Spellbinders dies. I think I used the 2nd largest one. I cut them out of black cardstock, scored them in half (really easy to know where to score, just on the little indent). Then I embossed them with D'vine swirls CB embossing folder. I made a little label that says "For You" on my computer, printed it in the font that I am using for the rest of the kit, onto bright white presentation paper (so it has a bit of shine to it). I cut those out with another Labels 8 (the 2nd smallest) and ran them through my Xyron (so fast when I have a lot of things to adhere!) then just glued them on the front. I did the same topper for the Band-aids, but it says "Just In Case" on it instead of "For You". I got the 3x5 zip bags at Joann. I leave the zip part on mine so they can open/close it if they want to. Some people cut it off. Either way works. Then I folded the topper down around the top of the zip bag, and used scor-tape to keep it down. They turned out cute.

I was going for the quick and easy route. I'm almost done with one entire kit, once they're finished I'll upload some pics. Probably tomorrow!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #929
Pearl-ExPert

Oh someone else sent me a PM about the coin tag I am making for the kits. I got the poem off of Sandy Osborn's "Shopping Survival Kit" on D.A.I.S.I.E. company website. I didn't buy the kit, but liked the poem! So I made it using the fashionistas I bought from Shari at DAISIE. It says

With this coin in your pocket during your shopping spree
No matter how empty your wallet feels
Broke you'll never be

Then I glued a quarter to the tag. I used scor-tape and it held! Love that stuff.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #930
Crimping Master

I only have about 20 more cards to finish!!!!! Got to finish the projects I started this summer! Difficult to have the time and energy with college and my son in the hospital, ugh! Hopefully this weekend I can carve out time for crafting....got the laundry done last night, hubby volunteered to grill out 2 of the 3 nights and I cleaned last Sunday after the company left! Even with son in rehab hospital for 6 weeks and my trips back and forth, I won't have to sit for hours with him like in the regular hospital.

Feeling a bit panicky right now but, will sit down and put everything on paper, That should help! I like the shopping survival kit idea, just not for this year. I keep writing down the ideas.....someday I will get to them all!

Oh, I forgot to tell you...I got all my jams and jellies done for the neighbors. I plan on giving several of the small jars to each of my closest neighbors with some scones this year. I usually give small breads or pineapple upside down cakes. Just wanted to do something different. Need a cute packaging idea for the jellies.....anyone?

Last edited by cvansluys; 11-06-2009 at 06:02 AM..
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #931
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
I only have about 20 more cards to finish!!!!! Got to finish the projects I started this summer! Difficult to have the time and energy with college and my son in the hospital, ugh! Hopefully this weekend I can carve out time for crafting....got the laundry done last night, hubby volunteered to grill out 2 of the 3 nights and I cleaned last Sunday after the company left! Even with son in rehab hospital for 6 weeks and my trips back and forth, I won't have to sit for hours with him like in the regular hospital.

Feeling a bit panicky right now but, will sit down and put everything on paper, That should help! I like the shopping survival kit idea, just not for this year. I keep writing down the ideas.....someday I will get to them all!

Oh, I forgot to tell you...I got all my jams and jellies done for the neighbors. I plan on giving several of the small jars to each of my closest neighbors with some scones this year. I usually give small breads or pineapple upside down cakes. Just wanted to do something different. Need a cute packaging idea for the jellies.....anyone?
Good job!

For the jellies, I'd decorate the canning jars with fabric covered lids, and a label. Then maybe stick them in the window treat box that is today's holiday blitz tutorial. Put the scones in a bakery style box (very easy to make, just need patterned or solid cardstock and some acetate). You could coordinate both boxes, and it'd be beautiful! How big are the jars of jellies? The pints? Because if they aren't that big, you might be able to do the window treat box and put both the scones and the jelly jar in the box. Put a pretty ribbon around the whole thing and it'd be beautiful!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #932
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Cindy, here is a cute, quick idea for your jams and jellies:
http://www.mychicnscratch.com/2009/1...treat-jar.html

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 AM   #933
Crimping Master

Quote:

Good job!

For the jellies, I'd decorate the canning jars with fabric covered lids, and a label. Then maybe stick them in the window treat box that is today's holiday blitz tutorial. Put the scones in a bakery style box (very easy to make, just need patterned or solid cardstock and some acetate). You could coordinate both boxes, and it'd be beautiful! How big are the jars of jellies? The pints? Because if they aren't that big, you might be able to do the window treat box and put both the scones and the jelly jar in the box. Put a pretty ribbon around the whole thing and it'd be beautiful!
That is a super idea.....I am a sewer, why didn't I think of that!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #934
Mad Swapper

Wink

Gosh, when I started this thread so many months ago, never thought it would get almost a thousand hits. It was so nice this Halloween, I could go to drawers, pull out candles, cuptowels, dp, bags gotten in previous years, marked down in price, was able to fix up three nice bags, make cards, and not spend a cent. I am at the computer as I tap my foot, waiting for grandsons to wind down for bedtime, so I can get back in my scrap/sew room.

I got lots to do, the clock is ticking.

Patrice
Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #935
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That is a super idea.....I am a sewer, why didn't I think of that!
Glad it helped a bit! I love to package things. I think the best creative dream job of mine would be to go into packaging!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #936
Pearl-ExPert

Sunday Bump!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #937
Mad Swapper

Wink

tuesday am bump
Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #938
Glitter Guru

Nordstrom's website is offering free PDF files for 2-D and 3-D birdhouses in three styles. There are also holiday gift tags to match. http://shop.nordstrom.com/holidaygiftshop
(Thanks Crafts-Judi for the link!!)

Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #939
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Cindy, here is a cute, quick idea for your jams and jellies:
http://www.mychicnscratch.com/2009/1...treat-jar.html
Cute idea! But, I think I am going with the fabric, that way I can use up christmas fabric stash!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #940
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Cute idea! But, I think I am going with the fabric, that way I can use up christmas fabric stash!
You don't even have to stitch them if you don't want to. Just grab a good pair of sewing pinking shears, and cut the squares! It makes it incredibly quick and easy. Then make a label. You can either computer generate or use your paper/stamps. Run them through a Xyron if you have one, if you don't buy one of those 2" wide xyron tape runners. Run it along the back of the label, and the entire thing will stay stuck down. Works great, and it is quick and easy!

Quick and easy was supposed to be my theme this year. What happened?!?!?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #941
Glitter Guru

Here is a cute gift for kids:
http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_...ift-ideas.html

Old 11-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #942
Mad Swapper

Wink

Great play doh idea. I don't like the smell of the stuff you buy, smells salty, or just plain yukky. And I have x-rayed dozens of kids who have eaten the stuff, and you can visibly see this big ball of yuk sitting in their stomach, how they ever got it swallowed is beyond me.

Working on cards today, cut out stockings tomorrow.

Patrice
Old 11-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #943
Crimping Master

Quote:

You don't even have to stitch them if you don't want to. Just grab a good pair of sewing pinking shears, and cut the squares! It makes it incredibly quick and easy. Then make a label. You can either computer generate or use your paper/stamps. Run them through a Xyron if you have one, if you don't buy one of those 2" wide xyron tape runners. Run it along the back of the label, and the entire thing will stay stuck down. Works great, and it is quick and easy!

Quick and easy was supposed to be my theme this year. What happened?!?!?
That is exactly what I am going to do. Then I have a stamp that looks like a label...will stamp a bunch of these and hand write the jam or jelly name and date. I have a Xyron Cheetah so, I think that will work great! Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #944
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That is exactly what I am going to do. Then I have a stamp that looks like a label...will stamp a bunch of these and hand write the jam or jelly name and date. I have a Xyron Cheetah so, I think that will work great! Thanks!
I've never heard of a Xyron Cheetah - what is that? (Like I need another Xyron....but.....)

Oh man. I think I'm addicted to tools. Or something.

My sister is teasing me that she's going to make me a sign to hang above my scrap desk that says "I have a machine for that" She was saying that any time somebody asks "How did you do that?" I say "I have a machine for that"

Then she said "How does she breathe? She has a machine for that [my ventilator] How does she cough? She has a machine for that. How does she glue things down? She has a machine for that. How does she emboss things? She has a machine for that. How does she cut things out? Well she has a machine for that too."

LOL!! She cracks me up!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #945
Mad Swapper

Wink

My husband groaned when I set my room up with a Bernina sewing machine, serger, iron, thread cabinet. Just rolled those eyes, and said" I hope Bernina doesn't start manufacturing cars".

Like I would every part with my Ford Expedition. lol

I am plugging away on my craft fiar stuff, working on tags today. Wll have box sets, Christmas cards, with matching tags.

Patrice
Old 11-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #946
Pearl-ExPert

I made this gambler gift set for a friend of mine. Mini photo album, magnetic tear off calendar and clothes pin magnets.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #947
Mad Swapper

Wink

Breezy, that is a nice set, and I love the colors, really catch the eye. I am taking a break, been back in the scraproom. Dh and son were so busy watching football game, gave no supervision to grandsons. I was at the gym working out, and when I got home and saw what those boys did back in my room, I could of cried. Stazon on everything, my SU markers were quite a mess, some of my Christmas cards I was working on were destroyed, ribbon cut to pieces. Those boys had a good time, and it's not their fault, just no supervision.

I found the keys to the lock, I will start securing the door when I am not around.

Hope everyone's holiday gift preparations are going smoothly.

Patrice
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #948
Crimping Master

Quote:

Breezy, that is a nice set, and I love the colors, really catch the eye. I am taking a break, been back in the scraproom. Dh and son were so busy watching football game, gave no supervision to grandsons. I was at the gym working out, and when I got home and saw what those boys did back in my room, I could of cried. Stazon on everything, my SU markers were quite a mess, some of my Christmas cards I was working on were destroyed, ribbon cut to pieces. Those boys had a good time, and it's not their fault, just no supervision.

I found the keys to the lock, I will start securing the door when I am not around.

Patrice
Oh Patrice! I am so sorry, the mess can be cleaned up but, the Christmas Cards! Men cannot do two things at once! Love them but......anyway, I am sorry!

Hope you can get back on track tomorrow to get everything done you need to do by Thanksgiving!

Hugs!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #949
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Patrice
Oh no! So sorry you had to come home to that.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #950
Glitter Guru

Sorry to hear of your set back, Patrice! Men can be so hard to live with sometimes! I hope you told them or showed them what had happened.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #951
Mad Swapper

Smile

I have recovered, threw out the ruined stuff, only a few hours out of my life I can't get back. lol Lock is operational, key is easily accessed, life goes on.
I got two boxes done this evening, still cranking out the Christmas cards, cut out potholders. I am actually getting things done.

TICK, TICK GOES THE CLOCK

Patrice
Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #952
Mad Swapper

Smile

WEDNESDAY PM BUMP
Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #953
Gabfest Goddess

Yikes, Patrice. That's a rough one - you're handling it well I must say!

I'm just checking in. I haven't got too much done myself. I was thinking of doing a craft fair this weekend, but I just don't feel like rushing into all the stuff I'd like to make. I got that awful cold/flu and have had no energy for weeks.

Anyway, enough whining. At least I've narrowed down my list of stuff to make. Altered notepads (using up lots of retired dsp that's nice but...) for teachers/school staff, home-made shopping bags (that I just might pick up at a craft fair actually - home made by someone, just not ME) filled with littles - like nice tea, stamped candles, a good book... for girl family and close friends. The guys are getting gift cards - but I'm making some nice gc holders.

I've done about 60 Christmas cards, but every time I think I'm done someone stops by and buys 20 or so. It's a nice compliment, and I'm glad I can help - and it keeps me in adhesive - but I need to cut people off soon, I have to get some in the mail!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #954
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

My husband groaned when I set my room up with a Bernina sewing machine, serger, iron, thread cabinet. Just rolled those eyes, and said" I hope Bernina doesn't start manufacturing cars".

Like I would every part with my Ford Expedition. lol

Patrice

BWHAHAHAHAHA! DH still doesn't know about the near-the-top-of-the-line Bernina I bought last year, to join it's 25 year old sibling. He doesn't venture into my studio much, and I keep it under a dust cover so it's kind of "hiding out in plain sight".
But Bernina cars? I'd be SO all over it! Those suckers sew and get abused for years and years, and it never has so much as a hiccup.

joy
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #955
Matboard Maniac

Default Let's start ideas for next Christmas

Subbing for all the great ideas.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #956
Mad Swapper

Smile

MONDAY AM BUMP
Old 11-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #957
Mad Swapper

Wink

Wed am bump
Old 11-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #958
Mad Swapper

Red face

Ahhhhhhh, the sound of a quiet house. Grandchildren tucked in bed early, guests on their way home. I fixed dinner for 19 today, and I am whupped. But not too tired to look at a few sale papers, and see what Michael's has on sale, and any special make up deals at Ulta.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Patrice
Old 11-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #959
Watercolor Wizard

I'm attempting to make my first table decoration sans Cricut and CB, should be interesting. LOL
Old 11-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #960
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by KduffView Post
I'm attempting to make my first table decoration sans Cricut and CB, should be interesting. LOL
Post some pics, we would all like to see your results!