Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2009, 06:39 AM   #801
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Very Cute! Love the ribbon on the side to keep the pen handy!! Are you going to make some of those Mary? Anyone know where to find the mini comp books?
You might check Wal-greens. I found some there one time. I'm going to have to dig them out and try this.

~With GOD all things are possible ~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #802
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Very Cute! Love the ribbon on the side to keep the pen handy!! Are you going to make some of those Mary? Anyone know where to find the mini comp books?
I saw a ton of them at Target in a clearance section near the Halloween stuff. They were left over from school supplies.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #803
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Here is a cute alter Christmas list journal:
http://poppypaperie.typepad.com/popp...mas-lists.html
That is an amazing little book. Perfect for anyone with an October or November birthday, huh?

Thanks for sharing, Helen
Old 09-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #804
Crimping Master

Thanks ladies.....hubbby and I will be out and about today. I will see what bargains I can come up with.

On another note....made 10 pints of Pear Jam for holiday gifts. The pears were free from my In-laws farm. Earlier this summer, I made 10 pints of Sweet Cherry Jam, 6 pints of Red Raspberry Jam and only 4 of Spiced Crabapple jelly....phew!

I still have to make 2 batches of Concord Grape Jelly....my mom went to one of the vineyards in our area (in case you did not know Missouri is big into wine making!) and picked up about 8 pounds of Concord Grapes. I had to process the grapes so I would not loose them (too many things going on in my life at the time she gave them to me!), froze the juice to make jelly later....never have done that before so, I hope it turns out good!

My classes and things for my son are cutting into my crafting and creating time! Anyone else having that problem??

I wanted to let you know that Ihave a great recipe for Holiday Chicken Salad in case anyone needs something different for a holiday party. Of course it has cooked chicken, celery, onions, dried cranberries, green pepper (I leave that out...yuck!), pecans, seasonings and mayo. Let me know.....I can send it to you or post here.

Have a great weekend everyone! A little over 12 weeks until Christmas....just in case you needed a reminder......
Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #805
Kookie Creator

I like to make jewelry for Christmas presents. I found a great new magazine yesterday at WalMart called 52 Bracelets you can make. I think I can make a few of them w/leftover beads that I have.

I'm planning to use my TBBM cartridge for Cricut to make the containers to hold some of them.

For packaging, I also like to use an altered ribbon container. In the Target dollar spot, you can buy 4-5 spools of ribbon in a plastic container. These are super easy to alter to hold small gifts.

I love to alter the larger ribbon container to hold gift cards! I've done this many times-in less than 5 minutes!

Just a few thoughts floating around my head this morning. I realized yesterday that Christmas is 3 months away. I already feel behind...oh, well. Time to get busy instead of spending time on the computer!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #806
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I think that I will, for the women in my husband's office. Next year he plans on retiring, so I better have fun this year making some "crafty" items for them! I was going to look at Wal-Mart but will now look at Target, thanks for the heads-up! I would think that you could use this also for the regular size comp books too.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Old 09-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #807
Mad Swapper

Wink

I took the grandsons to Dairy Queen today, and got the cardboard drink holders. I was dressed in my "mommy" clothes, so I go these on my own look and personality. lol They charged me 20 cents a piece for them, a bargain. They are flat, so it would be easy to stamp on.

Cindy, post the chicken salad please. I am always looking for something different to fix for holiday meals.

Going to set boys in front of tv, I got things to do.

Patrice
Old 09-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #808
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been working on tumbled tile coasters and magnets for stocking stuffers.

rita w
Old 09-27-2009, 04:08 AM   #809
Crimping Master

Quote:

I think that I will, for the women in my husband's office. Next year he plans on retiring, so I better have fun this year making some "crafty" items for them! I was going to look at Wal-Mart but will now look at Target, thanks for the heads-up! I would think that you could use this also for the regular size comp books too.
I have wanted to find the minis but, all I have been able to find are the full sized ones. And I got better deals when the school supplies first came out...$.50 was cheapest. Now back to regular price $1.99.....but, I do have a few more stores to check out in our area.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #810
Crimping Master

Default Holiday Chicken Salad

Here you go ladies.....hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I think this is best after an overnight in the fridge.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Holiday Chicken Salad.doc (24.0 KB, 164 views)
Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #811
Crimping Master

Have you ladies seen this? I think it is really cute and she is such a neat and talented lady!
http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.com/20...ng-anyone.html

you can find the orginal thread here http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=458042
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #812
Crimping Master

Okay....I can't remember where I posted a question looking for Frapp bottle carrier templates....but, Mary I think you supplied me with one or two of them. Anyway, I could not sleep this morning past 5:30....ugh!....so, I got up and played with the template for the double carrier (Lauren Meador).....I changed it a bit and have the template now (to my liking...Lauren's was too long) I will cover with paper and embelish. Hopefully I can make a tutorial for you all in the next couple of days (week).

Thanks again, Mary!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #813
Gabfest Goddess

great thread ladies, subin in
Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 AM   #814
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Here you go ladies.....hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I think this is best after an overnight in the fridge.
Oh, thanks for the recipe Cindy, I love chicken salad, and your's sounds so good too!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #815
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Okay....I can't remember where I posted a question looking for Frapp bottle carrier templates....but, Mary I think you supplied me with one or two of them. Anyway, I could not sleep this morning past 5:30....ugh!....so, I got up and played with the template for the double carrier (Lauren Meador).....I changed it a bit and have the template now (to my liking...Lauren's was too long) I will cover with paper and embelish. Hopefully I can make a tutorial for you all in the next couple of days (week).

Thanks again, Mary!
No pressure, but I would like to see it when you get the tut made! Your so "crafty"

Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #816
Glitter Guru

Here is a link to a cute box for some little gifts:
http://www.scor-pal.com/dec2_magazin...s/Page1187.htm

Old 09-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #817
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have wanted to find the minis but, all I have been able to find are the full sized ones. And I got better deals when the school supplies first came out...$.50 was cheapest. Now back to regular price $1.99.....but, I do have a few more stores to check out in our area.
I bought all our Minis for our "Shopper's Survival Kit" for Black Friday Gifts at Target when they started clearing out school supplies. We got them for 26 per 2 pack, so it was 13 per book. They had dark green, navy blue and black. I just picked some out as it didn't matter which color they were! LOL. They are going to be altered anyway. I thought 13 was very doable for a little book, it won't cost me much in paper and embellies so it made it cost effective.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #818
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Here is a link to a cute box for some little gifts:
http://www.scor-pal.com/dec2_magazin...s/Page1187.htm
Oh I LOVE IT!

My Craft Camps are FINALLY over and all my crafters have their stuff and are finishing it up at home, so now I can get to work on my OWN gifts! I'm very excited, and very pressed for time.

I guess now would be a good time to be grateful that I'm single with no kids, right? LOL
Old 09-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #819
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone - I'm looking for a template for a tote bag or purse I can make from 12x12 paper but I need it to be a pretty good size. I don't mind if it takes two sheets of 12x12 paper but I have 10 of them to make so I don't want them to take hours either. I do have a Scor-Pal, so that should help, right? Even if I am dimensions challenged?

I need it to hold hand sanitizer (small tiny bottle from Bath and Body, you know the 1 oz one), a small packet of band-aids, granola bar, shopping receips envie, gift card purse, and some chocolate. It's for the shoppers survival kit. I have everything figured out except for this dang tote. LOL. I even already have my designer cardstock and ribbon for them just not the freakin template (can you tell I'm a touch frustrated? )
Old 09-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #820
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Hey everyone - I'm looking for a template for a tote bag or purse I can make from 12x12 paper but I need it to be a pretty good size. I don't mind if it takes two sheets of 12x12 paper but I have 10 of them to make so I don't want them to take hours either. I do have a Scor-Pal, so that should help, right? Even if I am dimensions challenged?

I need it to hold hand sanitizer (small tiny bottle from Bath and Body, you know the 1 oz one), a small packet of band-aids, granola bar, shopping receips envie, gift card purse, and some chocolate. It's for the shoppers survival kit. I have everything figured out except for this dang tote. LOL. I even already have my designer cardstock and ribbon for them just not the freakin template (can you tell I'm a touch frustrated? )
You might want to look at this thread at her's, it's for 8x11 but maybe you could use that as a jumping off point:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?t=97152
HTH!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #821
Kookie Creator

I spent all day Saturday at a scrapping thing. I did try my hand at a couple of scrapbook pages for the first time, but mostly I worked on Christmas Cards. I started out the season thinking I'll just make 2 kinds so it would be easier. That was before all the fabulous new Christmas stamps started appearing. I'm up to 10 kinds of cards and counting. What fun. Check 'em out in my gallery.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #822
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

How about this one?
http://songofmyheartstampers.typepad...-tote-bag.html
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #823
Kookie Creator

Does anyone have a milk container (or whatever they are called) template? I want to make some for the day care teachers.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #824
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLORView Post
I'll use the same technique at Dairy Queen as I do at Lowe's. High heels, form fitting slacks, scoop neck top, hair fluffed, bright lipstick. The men will stop what they are doing to carry a box of nails for me. But of course, the men in east Texas are not real bright. lol

Patrice
I use a very similar technique! As my husband jokes with me, "did you bat your blue eyes" - yep! Whatever works!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #825
Stazon Splitcoast

I made half my Xmas cards today, I'm so excited. I did cover a few oatmeal canisters for gifts and stuffed a T-shirt in one so I could put the ribbon on it.

I sadly don't have many gifts to make due to my MIL divorcing, so I don't think we have any family parties this year. I'll make a few little things for my coworkers as we don't exchange gifts, but something small doesn't count in my book.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #826
Pearl-ExPert

Default Fun way to wrap bracelets

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
I like to make jewelry for Christmas presents. I found a great new magazine yesterday at WalMart called 52 Bracelets you can make. I think I can make a few of them w/leftover beads that I have.
http://breezycraftyside.blogspot.com...ontainers.html

I found the directions for them here. They worked great for the bracelets I made last year.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #827
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy929View Post
http://breezycraftyside.blogspot.com...ontainers.html

I found the directions for them here. They worked great for the bracelets I made last year.
Great idea! Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #828
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradley's_momView Post
Does anyone have a milk container (or whatever they are called) template? I want to make some for the day care teachers.
Here is one:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...lk_carton_box/

Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #829
Glitter Guru

Was someone looking for a tag box? Here is a link to one:
http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_webl...tutorial-.html

Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #830
Crimping Master

Quote:

Was someone looking for a tag box? Here is a link to one:
http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_webl...tutorial-.html

Thats pretty cool!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #831
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

You might want to look at this thread at her's, it's for 8x11 but maybe you could use that as a jumping off point:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?t=97152
HTH!
That will work perfect I think! Thank you SO much! And thanks Kristen too! You gals are awesome
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #832
Mad Swapper

Red face

Wednesday morning bump
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #833
Glitter Guru

Quote:

That will work perfect I think! Thank you SO much! And thanks Kristen too! You gals are awesome
Please post a picture when you are done!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #834
Mad Swapper

Wink

THURSDAY MORNING BUMP
Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #835
Mad Swapper

Cool

Thursday evening bump
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #836
Watercolor Wizard

Love all the ideas, thank you
Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #837
Die Cut Diva

Great Ideas! I have a few things planned, but haven't really worked on anything yet! I better get busy!

Sherry
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #838
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, Cindy - you are too kind!

so, I'm totally going to do THIS with my clubs next month! What a CUTE organizer!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #839
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, Cindy - you are too kind!

so, I'm totally going to do THIS with my clubs next month! What a CUTE organizer!
OMH is that cute! I'm thinking of turning into a general organizer instead of a Holiday one. Has anyone does that?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #840
Pearl-ExPert

Oooh I like this coupon one.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...83556?&si=file folder organizer

And year round one.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...75305?&si=file folder organizer