Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Rachelrose:
question someone send me this on glossy paper. I scan change the image. and it is splotchy I know would take to copies But don't know toner ink and glossy photo paper? or type would I used I wanted to same color but Transfer gel to canvas. I have the ideal. But, yet not sure I completely understand either. So how do I Keep color? And what the best Transfer gel If the images color I don't not know the image is color with! I would make darker tho.
Attached Thumbnails
inside-card-stenciled-silhouettes.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-03-2017, 05:19 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

That's a gorgeous image. There's no problem using it as a transfer. The challenge is getting a COLOR laser copy of it to use. Most libraries only have black and white. But if there's an Office Depot or Kinkos or someplace where they make copies, you could find a color laser/toner machine and have a copy made. Once you have the copy, it's the same process as black and white. Most artists use Golden gel, in gloss or matt.

You mention that the image is splotchy and that it's on glossy paper. The glossy paper should work in the copy machine just fine. Think of all the times people photocopy photos, and those are glossy. The splotchiness of the image probably will be okay, too, since transfers are by nature usually a bit distressed looking and the image itself has a kind of vintage feel to it.

You can try to do some smaller transfers on very heavy paper. In this video, she is working with color and transferring onto watercolor paper:

If you want to do a "canvas" I suggest gessoboard, which you can get even at Walmart. It's very stiff, unlike a wrapped canvas.

Transfers are a lot of fun (once you get past the rubbing part).
Old 06-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Rachelrose Have you every use the https://www.stampendous.com/shop/emb...ue-5-jar-kits/ This lady use on a project here:
And wondering how you use it for jewel? Even those I don't ware jewel. And how is it different From other embossing powders? What is your thoughts on this?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #44
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I don't think you actually use those for jewellery, the "encrusted jewels" refers more to the effect. In essence, it's a mixture of chunky and regular embossing powders, glitters and mica flakes which you mix up ( I think now it comes premixed too). The embossing powder part is enough to hold the mica and glitter on the card.

Here's a card where I used​ the green kit: MIX212 Metal Petals
Old 06-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Here's another video about Frantage mixes:

Sabrina explained them well. The embossing powders act as a "glue" to hold the glitter and mica flakes in place.

I did buy a couple of sets some years back, but then I never used them (I'm not a glitter type of gal in general, I have discovered) so gave them away.

But you could use them on your panels that you just bought. It could look very cool.

Gosh, that's a spectacular card, Sabrina!

Last edited by Rachelrose; 06-06-2017 at 03:58 PM..
Old 06-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

I like art one posted the video But I don't think this is me either. That why asking before wasting money too. I have lot to learn. I feel like teaching Linda's school Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Here's another video about Frantage mixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXhhxOXRki4

Sabrina explained them well. The embossing powders act as a "glue" to hold the glitter and mica flakes in place.

I did buy a couple of sets some years back, but then I never used them (I'm not a glitter type of gal in general, I have discovered) so gave them away.

But you could use them on your panels that you just bought. It could look very cool.

Gosh, that's a spectacular card, Sabrina!
Old 06-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome to the club, Linda! We are all exploring this huge world of crafting and trying to find what we want to do. There are so many choices and it's smart to come here and post questions before you go spending money.

I stamp alone. I have never crafted alongside anyone else. When I started I knew NOTHING. Much of what I know, I learned from posting questions here.

We are all here to teach each other. And to learn from each other. !
Old 06-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, we don't have pay for art school either Lol free art school right here scs too! Is there something cheaper Geso I can use $12.00 to $17.00 at micheals
Quote:

Welcome to the club, Linda! We are all exploring this huge world of crafting and trying to find what we want to do. There are so many choices and it's smart to come here and post questions before you go spending money.

I stamp alone. I have never crafted alongside anyone else. When I started I knew NOTHING. Much of what I know, I learned from posting questions here.

We are all here to teach each other. And to learn from each other. !
Old 06-07-2017, 05:11 AM   #49
Pearl-ExPert

What does the packaging say on your panels, Linda? It should say whether they are already gessoed or not. If so, you can move forward. If not, we'll think of something else. Are you planning to paint them before you work on them? Or just stamp on them?
Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked I don't see where said thing. It most like dose not matter. I will like never doing them. Mom not interested now. I will mostly watercolor them before stamping on them. It was fun learn what I have learned so far. But, right it just a passing thought.

It's days like I wish my hands worked. right I am watch YouTube video. Everyone I watching make boxes and neat projects. Me and mom can't measurement or cut a straight line lives. I sorry to be complaining I guess you can say I am having one days!

Quote:

What does the packaging say on your panels, Linda? It should say whether they are already gessoed or not. If so, you can move forward. If not, we'll think of something else. Are you planning to paint them before you work on them? Or just stamp on them?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Linda - before you give up, tell me this - does the surface feel like fabric, you know you can feel threads, or is it smooth?
Old 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

One of them looks like this... Maybe different brand is all can't tell mom put then up. And look for second one too!
Artist's Loft? Necessities? Mini Stretched Canvas, 4" x 4"

This is the only can find I know my broad staples and it thick ones and 4x4 and my is same brand has this link is. and texture in mind I can't tell in link if texture like my or not. I hope this help you!
Artist's Loft® Back Stapled Deco Canvas Pack, 4" x 4"
Old 06-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=hotwheels;21480376]One of them looks like this... Maybe different brand is all can't tell mom put then up. And look for second one too!
Artist's Loft? Necessities? Mini Stretched Canvas, 4" x 4"

This is the only can find I know my broad staples and it thick ones and 4x4 and my is same brand has this link is. and texture in mind I can't tell in link if texture like my or not. I hope this help you! mine is white not black!
Artist's Loft® Back Stapled Deco Canvas Pack, 4" x 4"
[ /QUOTE]
Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #54
Pearl-ExPert

Those white ones say they are primed with gesso. So if that's what you have (and the ones you show are stretched canvas, not canvas board - stretched canvas is stapled around a frame and isn't rigid like canvas glued to a flat board) then you can work directly on it. It's ready to go.

I can try to link you to some videos. Answer me this: When you press in the center of your canvas, does it give a little or it the whole thing rigid?
Old 06-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

will talked later about I don't have them in front of me!

Quote:

Those white ones say they are primed with gesso. So if that's what you have (and the ones you show are stretched canvas, not canvas board - stretched canvas is stapled around a frame and isn't rigid like canvas glued to a flat board) then you can work directly on it. It's ready to go.

I can try to link you to some videos. Answer me this: When you press in the center of your canvas, does it give a little or it the whole thing rigid?

Last edited by hotwheels; 06-07-2017 at 01:00 PM..