Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face The Kindness of Fellow Stampers!

I'm very new to stamping and I wanted to share something that happened to me tonight which highlights the true kindness of the people in the stamping / crafting community.

My DD slept over a friend's house tonight and I was really dying to get into a new project while she was away so I ran out of the house to pick up some Target mailboxes. (I didn't find any - they were all sold out.)

I really wanted to buy SOMETHING, though so I ran over to Joanns and scooped up some acrylic stamp sets for 30% off plus I had a 10% off entire purchase coupon. I'm in the checkout with 5 acrylic sets and I realize that I've forgotten my wallet. All I've got in my purse is a $20 and some change. I was so, so, SO embarassed because I'm ALWAYS in this store and am on a friendly basis with many employees.
As I'm standing there, RED int he face trying to choose which set to remove, the employee behind the checkout says "I've seen you here buying stamping stuff before. I stamp, too and I wouldn't be able to put any of these back. Just get me next time." and pulled out a $5 bill to cover me! (I was only a few dollars short.)
I was still embarassed but really surprised and grateful because Ir eally don't know which set to put back! lol

Just goes to show that there's still niceness in this world! Thanks for letting me share!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I totally know what you mean! Did you see my thread the other night asking where to get coasters? Well, another great stamper here is sending me some, and I'm only paying postage! Love her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I would send her manager a nice letter telling how helpful she was. Just don't mention that she loaned you money. The management would not like that. Believe me those little notes go a long way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw3362004View Post
I would send her manager a nice letter telling how helpful she was. Just don't mention that she loaned you money. The management would not like that. Believe me those little notes go a long way.
I agree!

Another nice story...luv it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah. When that stuff happens to me it makes me feel good, and then I try to pay it back to others tenfold. It takes so little to really renew your faith in the world!!! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Wonderful story. I think we too often forget that there are more nice people out there than mean people. It is just that the mean people get noticed. Thank you for sharing your story.

Remember - never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

That is such a great story - thanks for sharing - we often post about the not so nice stuff that happens to us, but we forget to share when something good happens! Stampers are great people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That was so sweet of her! It is nice to know there are people like that in the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That is so nice! I think that I would fall over if someone did that for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

What a heart-warming story!
I have come to understand that paper-crafters are a very special group in my own experience, but your testament takes the cake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have said it a million times over how grateful I am for the ladies of scs. Crafters are the kindest people. A few years back a dozen or more bad things happened at once. One of them caused the majority of my dd's room to be ruined and cost a great deal to fix. This was only a month or so before my dd's birthday. I asked the ladies to send her birthday cards so she wouldn't feel like she had nothing on her birthday. Well, they did and so much more. She received over a 100 plus various gifts. She still has one of the dolls in the package in her room. It was very special to her that strangers would do that. But to me it meant the world.

Since then I do all I can to help a fellow scser when I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

that was so nice of her! i second (or third) the suggestion to send a note to the manager! hope you got some cute stuff made!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bless her heart....I hope she remains like that through out her life. What an awesome person.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

She was very sweet to help like that! I agree with the other reply about sending a really nice letter to the manager. Tell him/her what a wonderful, kind and helpful employee the lady is and as recommended previously, do not mention the money part.
There are so many employees in places like Joannes, Michaels, etc. that do not care about customer satisfaction that it is sooooooo very nice to hear about the few who go the "extra mile" to help. Those are the ones you wish you could give a big hug and a RAISE to!:-D

How wonderful that you not only got your "stuff" but that you also know there is another nice person in your world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

That's very nice of her. I had a similar thing happen to me this summer. I was at a stamping convention and had already spent just about all the cash I had brought with me. There was one last booth I wanted to check out and I found two stamps I wanted. But, the total was just a shade more than I had and they would only take credit cards if it was over a certain amount - which mine wasn't. Since both stamps coordinated, there would be no point in putting one back without putting them both back. And there was no way I was going to be able to get these later. So I decided to go to the register and explain to the man there my cash situation and ask him it if he would either accept a credit card to make the sale or I would have to put them both back. I figured he would make an exception, but nope. So I was about to put the stamps back when the lady in line behind me asked how much I was short. It was like 67�. She dug in her purse and gave me all her change which was enough to cover my bill. Sure, it wasn't much, but it was the thought that counted. I'm very greatful to her and thanked her profusely. But I have no way to ever contact her to return her money or even send a thank you card.

You, though, besides paying back the cashier could leave a thank you card for her. I'm sure it would brighten her day to know how much you appreciated her actions. You could also write the manager of the store a letter, and, although you don't have to specifically say what she did (because maybe it's against store policy), you could say how helpful and courteous she was. That could be a benefit to her. I don't know about JoAnns, but we have a local store that gives bonuses to employees that have had good feedback from customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I too, have a story to tell....this a little different in the circumstances, but the basics are the same. I am a pharmacy technician, and yrs ago, a woman came into the pharmacy to pick up a precription for her child. She was short by about $6 and the gentleman behind her whipped out that money, laid it down and told her not to worry about it! She had never seen this man before in her life! She was completely shocked by his actions,but he told her to go take care of her sick child, and to have a nice day. I never forgot him either. Those types of people are truely special. Let her manager know about this..but don't mention she lent you the money. Karen99
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's so reassuring to know that kind of kindness still exists in the world today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Default kindness

I was in Mike's yesterday ( and HL too, if ya must know!) and I had coupons for both places. I turned out that the things that I bought were on sale, so I couldn't use the coupons that I had brought, so I passed them down the checkout line to someone who could use them. I got the idea from someone that did that for me.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

What wonderful stories everyone has! Amazing people are still out there! Kindness does still exist! Thanks for sharing this story!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for sharing these stories. It's nice to know that among all the angry and hostile folks you see around these days, there are still those that believe in simple acts of kindness - ones that can put a smile on someones face more than they can imagine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I was in Mike's yesterday ( and HL too, if ya must know!) and I had coupons for both places. I turned out that the things that I bought were on sale, so I couldn't use the coupons that I had brought, so I passed them down the checkout line to someone who could use them. I got the idea from someone that did that for me.

Jutta
I never leave Mike's with my coupon - if I can't find anything I always try to hand on my coupon as I don't live close enough to just "drop in". I don't get HL coupons. But its amazing how excited people get when you see them with a whole trolley of stuff and tell them you aren't going to use your coupon would they like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I reiterate what everyone has said here...but, it IS really nice to hear something positive and that there are still good ppl. out there willing to make a difference. Thanks for sharing your stories.
Reply With Quote Likes