Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #361
Crimping Master

Are there any more of us Canadian sisters that can support this lady? Here's her thread, so reply to it if you are able.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=274620
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 AM   #362
Hardware Hotshot

Goooooooood morning Canadaaaaaa

Excited for the long weekend? I sure am

I'm from Halifax (well California, but love brought me out here). My honey is from Edmonton so does that count Denise lol? We are headed there for Christmas (hopefully). Wow I sure miss Jasper I loved it there. I hope we can sneak a little time there in between visiting more family in Rosetown and stuffing ourselves with Christmas goodies!

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Old 08-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #363
Kookie Creator

I'm in! I just joined the forum the other day. I'm in northern Manitoba. I'm more into scrapbooking, but love to make cards. And so I've joined Stampin Up and am getting addicted to stamps. LOL! I have two online stores I shop with for paper, stickers, etc.9 One is even in Manitoba. Great prices, friendly owners, and they have awesome online crops!!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #364
Pearl-ExPert

Hearwig count me in..i will get a card out tues. how kind of everyone.
Hi suzy..every weekend is a long weekend to us..we're both retired ..lol..hope everyone enjoys it..looks like a great one here weather-wise.

Dobby: welcome to the Canuck thread..so nice to meet you.
I am East of winnipeg.
Hope you enjoy yourself here..i am sure you will..lots of info for Canadians and just plain old good conversation. It's nice to be able to keep up with Canadian news..stores on-line etc. talk soon.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #365
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy_H View Post
Goooooooood morning Canadaaaaaa

Excited for the long weekend? I sure am

I'm from Halifax (well California, but love brought me out here). My honey is from Edmonton so does that count Denise lol? We are headed there for Christmas (hopefully). Wow I sure miss Jasper I loved it there. I hope we can sneak a little time there in between visiting more family in Rosetown and stuffing ourselves with Christmas goodies!
Edmonton's a great place - we're 20 minutes west of there but most of my siblings are in the city. Jasper is also a great place! My kids get fall break in November (2 extra days off of school around Remembrance Day) so for the past two years we've gone to Jasper as a mini holiday. It's a great break for my DH and we basically do nothing while we're there - shop, swim, eat, a little hiking - just a nice break from the regular routine.

Welcome to this thread and hope you're still enjoying your weekend!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #366
Die Cut Diva

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartwig View Post
Are there any more of us Canadian sisters that can support this lady? Here's her thread, so reply to it if you are able.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=274620
Thanks heartwig for posting this here too. I am not even sure if I have been on this thread or not but if I have..hello again everyone and if not HI everyone...from Southwestern Ontario here!

Nice to see so many Canadians on here!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #367
Kookie Creator

I love the idea of a Canadian forum. Count me in.

I have often purchased things from the US. If the package is small, and mailed by ordinary US mail, it sometimes comes through duty free.

Brokerage fees come when it's mailed by one of the private carriers.

My favourite US supplier right now is Ellen Hutson in WA. Her service is fantastic. I get her products in just over a week. Her very informative blog is called Simple Dreams. A lot of her products are featured on Michelle Wooderson's blog, Mish Mash. Both blogs are an education in crafting.

Don't forget Crafty Secrets, our own Canadian company, from BC, with a wonderful gallery full of tempting goodies.

Happily stamping away in Toronto, ON.
Honey Bee
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #368
Cardstock Collector

My vote is in (Calgary, Alberta)
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #369
Hardware Hotshot

My favorite sellers who are also from SCS are embellish-online.com, Jacksonbelle and Sweet Miss Daisy (both on ebay) because they have great stuff and ship for just a little bit more than US ship costs. shipping is so reasonable with them it makes me happy but I also order too much

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #370
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up Great Idea

I am from Climax, Saskatchewan. I think that a Canadian forum is an excellent idea. If something gets up and going I would love to hear about it. Keep pursuing it, you never know.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 AM   #371
Gallery Gazer

Just bumping to the top! Hope everyone is enjoying the last couple weeks of August, lots to do now it seems.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #372
Kookie Creator

It's a warm overcast morning here in BC but the rain is coming so its going to be a wet wkend which is ok b/c then I just stay dry indoors and scrap all wkend!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #373
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Cana'juns! Start stalking your Michaels stores for Christmas stamps! No, these are NOT the value wood or clear stamps. These are the good stamps and sets, and they should be set up on an endcap close to the Rubber Stamp aisle. We don't quite have all of our stock in my store yet, but we have enough to have the endcap set. I'm hoping that we'll get the rest of our stock for that set on our Monday's truck, but it's not too early to start shopping and planning.

Some of it is the same as last year, but there is some new stuff too. There's also a spot on that endcap for Christmas Slab V. Even though I have enough Christmas Slab from previous years to last me for many more years to come, I'm still a little excited to see what this year's selection will look like.

These stamps never seem to last very long, especially since we normally only get ONE shipment, and then there is no replenishment because it's seasonal merchandise.

Happy hunting!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #374
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy_H View Post
My favorite sellers who are also from SCS are embellish-online.com, Jacksonbelle and Sweet Miss Daisy (both on ebay) because they have great stuff and ship for just a little bit more than US ship costs. shipping is so reasonable with them it makes me happy but I also order too much
Suzy I sent you an email about getting my store put on you list, didn't you get the email? Studio C??http://www.bardstamper.blogspot.com/
C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 08-18-2007, 11:07 PM   #375
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My wife is a secret sister..I can not divulge that imformation.

New to this thread, just happy to have a place where us Canadians can stick together, KWIM?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #376
Mad Swapper

[QUOTE=Melilot;6896256]Hey Cana'juns! Start stalking your Michaels stores for Christmas stamps! No, these are NOT the value wood or clear stamps. These are the good stamps and sets, and they should be set up on an endcap close to the Rubber Stamp aisle.

Thanks for the tip Melanie, I just came back from my Michael's store and they have some of the new Christmas stamps. Didn't see any Christmas paper out yet. I used this week's coupon for a stamp and will keep going back as the new coupons arrive. There are another three or four other stamps that I would like to buy. Hopefully, they won't be sold out before I can buy all the ones I want.

Have fun shopping. Maybe I'll see someone there.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #377
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie007 View Post
I just came back from my Michael's store and they have some of the new Christmas stamps. Didn't see any Christmas paper out yet. I used this week's coupon for a stamp and will keep going back as the new coupons arrive. There are another three or four other stamps that I would like to buy. Hopefully, they won't be sold out before I can buy all the ones I want.
I know what you mean about wanting to buy more. If I didn't work there, I'm pretty sure that I would have gone nuts already and bought all the ones I couldn't do without in one shot, just so that I'd have them. I've been burned way too many times on other stuff that I didn't buy when I saw it, and then when I got back to that store again, the stuff was already gone. It's actually still a little "early" in most people's minds to be getting their Christmas stamps, but this is normally when these stamps usually hit the sales floor.

Now, I'm not advocating a stampede to your local Mike's, but please don't anyone wait until November or December to see what is still there. Every year, we get someone in the store in late November or even December, looking for Christmas stamps, and then we have to tell them, "I'm sorry, but we totally sold out of these a month (or two) ago." Of course, the person says, "Well, when did you get these in?" And if we can remember back that far, we usually say, "Um, the middle of August, I think." It's just such a sad conversation.

We got another warehouse shipment today, but I didn't notice anything yet that would help to fill out that endcap. I'm getting a little antsy to see it all, so I hope it comes soon.

Now I just need to get the snowman, the snowflake, the line of snowmen, maybe the holly... Of course, it's not that I need these stamps so badly -- it's that silly collecting urge.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #378
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melilot View Post
If I didn't work there,
Which store are you at? I'm an almost daily visitor to the St Vital Store. I've picked up 2 of the Christmas stamp sets and I'm having an argument with myself about whether I NEED another one or not LOL

I took advantage of the 3 for $1 patterned paper sale last week and did manage to fine oh about 5 or 6 different Christmas patterned sheets, but I had to dig for them.

Now . . . I was in there yesterday and I was really REALLY wishing that Mikes would separate the 2 sided paper away from the rest. OMG it was frustrating going through the racks with the oh so in the way price flap thingies just looking for 2 sided paper. *sigh* I gave up after the few that I did find were the ugliest papers I've ever seen! LOL

I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for the new Dollarama store to open up on St Annes. OMG these 2 stores are just way too close to my hut for my own good! LOL
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #379
Crimping Master

I picked a couple of the new Christmas stamps up yesterday. One of the workers said buy them now because they wouldn't be here long. Of course, now that SCS girls know about it.....
Kathy
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #380
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
Which store are you at? I'm an almost daily visitor to the St Vital Store. I've picked up 2 of the Christmas stamp sets and I'm having an argument with myself about whether I NEED another one or not LOL
I'm at the St. Vital store, wenchie. You prolly wouldn't see me all that much, though, since I'm the Receiver, and I work almost exclusively in the back room, and usually no evenings or weekends.

And as for whether or not you NEED another Christmas stamp set or not, I can TOTALLY sympathize with you. I have had collector's remorse -- for deciding to NOT get something so that I wasn't spending too much, and then later wishing I had bought it, only to discover that I couldn't find it again. I've also had cheapskate's remorse -- from looking at my collection, and seeing the stamps that I thought I couldn't do without because they were so cute/versatile/necessary, but they have yet to touch ink.

I'm a collector, and once I admitted that to myself, I think it became a little easier to turn down more of the stamps that I come across -- because while I do want a penguin stamp (for example), that one that looks like a 5-year-old drew it just doesn't do anything for me, and I can live with that decision. I still impulse-buy, but when I stop to consider the collection I've already got, the drive becomes more about building a good collection, and less about grabbing everything I can find.

hth
Old 08-23-2007, 05:47 AM   #381
Pearl-ExPert

I want to be a buyer for Mikes because whoever is doing their buying does not have their finger on the pulse of the crafting community. I should talk nice though since it's likely I'll be teaching there in the near future *teehee*
Old 08-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #382
Pearl-ExPert

Wenchie since we are meeting saturday..maybe i will be spending more than i want..lol
I have met Melanie..and she is just lovely..such a good anabler she is..lol.
Hmmm wonder if the government will give me a weeks advance on my Pension cheque???..lol.
And i am such a sucker for xmas stamps..well just plain Christmas period.
loves ya

Old 08-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #383
Forum Fanatic

hey, I just found this thread! I go to Michaels St. Vital a lot! I'll be studding your pictures, maybe I'll see you there!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #384
Pearl-ExPert

Hi jenn..another winnipegger..how nice. Maybe we will bump into each other sometimes there when i'm in the city.
loves ya

Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #385
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
I want to be a buyer for Mikes because whoever is doing their buying does not have their finger on the pulse of the crafting community. I should talk nice though since it's likely I'll be teaching there in the near future *teehee*
Y'know, as often as we are excited about great new stuff, we also look at some of the other stuff and say, "what were they thinking?" Most of the time, I'm just happy that it's not me having to make the decisions about what to buy for ALL the stores in the Mikes empire.

What would you be teaching, Wenchie?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #386
Matboard Maniac

Hello to all you Manitobans!!! Reading this thread, you all took me back a few years! I used to live in Winnipeg, Fort Garry area, and spent many-a-shopping trips to St. Vital! Thanks for the fun memories!!!
Good luck at Micheals! I had an on-line friend from the States pick up some clear stamps for me and ship them! Perfect!
Enjoy your day!

Theresa

My Little Blog
Old 08-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #387
Gabfest Goddess

I was in West Edmonton Mall today and as I walked out of Sears I noticed (how could I not, I mean the billboard advertisement was HUGE!) that a new craft store was opening up. It's called deSerres, if I'm remembering the spelling correctly, and I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of them? I tried to google the name, but a french website only came up. I'm not sure if it is what I came across online and they are expanding out west or of it's a totally new store, but I can't wait for them to open! More ways for me to spend my poor hubby's hard earned money. Oi veh!

My Gallery
Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #388
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashymko View Post
It's called deSerres,
I believe it's the same as Loomis & Tole. There's one in Halifax, NS

Here's the website:

http://www.loomisartstore.com/
Old 08-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #389
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashymko View Post
I was in West Edmonton Mall today and as I walked out of Sears I noticed (how could I not, I mean the billboard advertisement was HUGE!) that a new craft store was opening up. It's called deSerres
I was at WEM today too, and saw the same billboard! Maybe we passed by each other....
Old 08-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #390
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarged View Post
I believe it's the same as Loomis & Tole. There's one in Halifax, NS

Here's the website:

http://www.loomisartstore.com/

Thanks so much... looks like it could be a dangerous store!

My Gallery
Old 08-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #391
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartwig View Post
I was at WEM today too, and saw the same billboard! Maybe we passed by each other....
Too funny, what a small world we live in!

My Gallery
Old 08-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #392
Rubber Obsessor

A new craft store??? If it's got stamping stuff, I sure hope it comes to Winnipeg soon, too. I love what we've got here, but I've got product-envy bad every time I see something in a stamping mag that I can't find (yet) around here.

On other news...

I met Wenchie for the first time today!! She and Topaz (who I had already met) were meeting for a little shopping at my Mikes, and even though it was my day off, I decided to meet them, and then we all went to Boston Pizza for a nice lunch. Wenchie and Topaz were doing a face-to-face swap, (which I didn't know about before-hand), and even though I didn't have anything to contribute, it was wonderful to see the terrific things these talented ladies both made. While I know a bunch of things about the craft of stamping and card-making, I'm a total newbie when it comes to swaps, so it was both a fun AND educational lunch for me.

There was really only ONE downside... We ate on the patio, IN the sun, and when I got home, I noticed that I had a sunburn on just the left side of my face! The next time I meet "the girls", I call dibs on the SHADY seats!!!! Then again, if the next time we meet is for our proposed 'Pegger Face-to-Face Swap, it will prolly be cool enough outside that eating on a patio would be just too cold.

Yes, Wenchie and Topaz, I *will* get my gallery set up soon. Really. Maybe even next weekend, since I'll have Labor Day off. I know for sure that I won't have anything before Thursday, since I'll be pet-sitting until then. Please hound me, though. I tend to forget things that aren't actively crying out for attention.

Hugs,
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #393
Pearl-ExPert

Default Watch for the announcement!!

I will be posting details in the Get it Together! forum in the next few days about the first ever Winnipeg swap/lunch meet and greet!!

As soon as I work out the details I will furnish a link here for those interested.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #394
Mad Swapper

Angela and Carolyn - While visiting my mother in Montreal this past weeken< I went to an art store near her house called "Omer DeSerres". They have a lots of scrapbooking stuff and some stamping stuff. They are more of an art store than a craft store. Not sure if this is the same store you saw advertised in Edmonton, but on their bag (with the goodies in it that I bought at the store in Montreal) says they have stores in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Trois Rivieres, Sherbrooke, Chicoutimi and Halifax. The website is www.O*****Serres.com. I'm off to check out both the Loomis and the SeSerre website. I wonder if they go by both names, or one of them has bought the other one out?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #395
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies - Here's the dirt. I think I solved the mystery. The Omer Des Serres is the French store and Loomis Art Store is the English store. Both are owned by the same company and have the same website, only one is English and the other French. In 1988 the French store (company) bought Loomis and Tole in Ontario and operates here under the name Loomis Art Store in this province. Until I saw the comments above I never realized that the two stores were owned by the same company. Every time I go to Montreal visiting, I try to get to Omer DesSerres. However looking at the Loomis website, I noticed that I have a Loomis store next door in Oakville, Ont. (about 15 kms away) that I can go to, hopefully to get the same things that I was buying in Montreal. Won't my Montreal relatives love me. No more trips to Omer Deserres when I am visiting there. I am going to Oakville one day this week afterwork to check out the Loomis store!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #396
Pearl-ExPert

Ok you all have to check out wenchies signature!! What a great thing!!
You been asking for it and here it is..also any winnipeggers please let us know..hmmm put your hands up and be counted???..lol..we would all like to meet i'm sure..surrounding areas of winnipeg?? no problem..i live outside the city also..checck it out..loves ya

Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #397
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie007 View Post
Hi ladies - Here's the dirt. I think I solved the mystery. The Omer Des Serres is the French store and Loomis Art Store is the English store. Both are owned by the same company and have the same website, only one is English and the other French. In 1988 the French store (company) bought Loomis and Tole in Ontario and operates here under the name Loomis Art Store in this province. Until I saw the comments above I never realized that the two stores were owned by the same company. Every time I go to Montreal visiting, I try to get to Omer DesSerres. However looking at the Loomis website, I noticed that I have a Loomis store next door in Oakville, Ont. (about 15 kms away) that I can go to, hopefully to get the same things that I was buying in Montreal. Won't my Montreal relatives love me. No more trips to Omer Deserres when I am visiting there. I am going to Oakville one day this week afterwork to check out the Loomis store!
Thanks for the work Lynne!

My Gallery
Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #398
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning all..just bumping to remind you to check out wenchies signature..it's awesome!! here http://stampincanada.freeforums.org/index.php
loves ya

Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #399
Gallery Gazer

OK, just got myself another place to go...! Thanks Wenchie and Topaz! I don't know how much time I can devote, but will check it out from time to time!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #400
Pearl-ExPert

thanks cardmaker..i think it will be fun.
loves ya