Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joann's (Long Rant)

I placed a large order with Joann's during a sale on 10/24. There were 6 gorgeous Lia Griffith paper crafting kits and a large number of supplies for projects I designed to do at a family "girls" gathering planned for Thanksgiving weekend

First, a little background to explain one why this was so important to me. I was diagnosed with advanced Stage IV cancer in July, elected not to treat, but to enjoy what ever time I have left without the side effects of chemo & radiation. I have crafted with my nieces since the time they were children and it is something they always remembered and still talk about fondly. This was going to be a final "memory making" session for all of us. Since I am not doing well, we had to move up the date to next weekend. I was still, so looking forward to it and knew that while I no longer feel up to baking their favorite goodies, at least according to the shipping statuses, my kits and supplies would arrive in time.

As typical of Joanns, they were sending the items in multiple packages. I finally received what I thought was the last one yesterday. They use that wonderful shipping method - Smart Post. The 10/30 e-mail announcing this package showed 11 items (including 4 of the kits) were shipped in this package under this one particular tracking number. I received only 3 items. The packing/return list that was inside the package had only 3 items printed on it. My order status shows all 11 items listed as being in this particular package with this tracking number as being delivered.

I called Joann's customer service this morning and descended into Joann's H%**. It took forever to get the person to understand that while the 8 missing items showed as being delivered, they were not. They were also not listed anywhere on the packing slip in the package that allegedly contained them. He stated that there were probably 2 packages shipped. I asked why they show them under this tracking number if there were 2 packages sent. If there were 2 different packages, could he please provide me with the tracking number of the package my missing items were in?

Once, I finally got him to understand that the items were not in the package they were listed as being in, he said he would refund my money and I could then reorder the items. I told him the prices have changed, one has gone out of stock and I asked if they couldn't just send the items I already paid for using the money I had already paid them. He said he couldn't refund the money until a supervisor approved it since there were so many items missing - he seemed imply that I was being dishonest. He put me on hold for over 10 minutes and then started to come back on, but instead disconnected me. I do believe it was accidental, but that was a wasted 35 minutes of my time.

I called back and went over everything again with a new person. It took forever, and again it seemed to be incomprehensible to her that there could be 8 items missing from this package (Actually it was a big plastic bag that they were delivered in). She said that there were probably 2 packages sent, I asked again if it was common to put the same tracking number on 2 separate packages and she said "Yes, if they were being shipped at the same time." So, now I knew the level of intelligence I was dealing with.

She again went through and cancelled all the missing items and sent a request for a refund to be credited to my Paypal account. They would need to conduct an investigation first as to what happened to my missing items. It could take up to 5 to 10 days before the refund hit. She also said she could replace my order over the phone today, however, I would have to pay for it again today before she could be place the order! I would have to use a credit card rather than Paypal. I asked why she just couldn't cancel the refund and use the money I had already paid them to pay for the replacement order. She insisted that was impossible.

They also canceled 2 of my items without notifying me. One is showing in stock a half the price I originally paid. I asked that this one be included in the order at the current price and she agreed. I also said I was willing pay the $24.95 for expedited shipping since I need them quickly. She said that some of the other items were not available for expedited shipping, but couldn't tell me which ones they were.

I recapped for her: "So, you failed to send 8 of my items - though they may be in another shipment with the exact same tracking number as the one I received yesterday. You will refund me the cost of the missing items after you investigate which will take 5 to 10 days. Meanwhile, if I want my times replaced now, I must pay for them again even before being refunded. I can also pay for expedited shipping, but some items will cannot be sent expedited, however you can't tell me which ones. Is that right?"

Needless to say, I did cancel the order. I also wasted another precious hour of my time. I feel just so terribly disappointed and defeated. I cancelled the crafting session that I was so looking forward to as I just don't feel up to coming up with new projects and even if I did, I am not able to go out and shop for the supplies.

At least, I can honestly say I will never shop at Joann's again. Thanks for listening - I feel better now!

Last edited by Skippet; 11-05-2016 at 11:56 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wish I had what you needed. I would send it free. I ordered during the big sale too, but only copics. I do hate Joanns tho.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am sorry to hear this about your health. :( ((hugs))

:mad: I'm pretty angry for you right now. No wonder you needed to vent. I wish you could have scanned and emailed them that pack slip proving you only got the 3 things. In the meantime you might try having a word with your PO carrier and see if they can find this "missing" 2nd package with the same track number.

And very sad you want to cancel your crafting party.

Dont! DONT let this ruin this opportunity for you!!

I am willing to bet you still have some cool stuff in your stash you can use!! You didnt get rid of everything yet did you?

Ok, so it wont be the same but what if they just come over and you guys just free form and make stuff?? That's fun too! You could do Zentangling-you just need a black pen. Got ONE ink pad left? You could do the fingerprint critters...In fact, it might mean a lot to them if you all do one finger on a card together..and they have your print to keep.

They want to see you and spend time with you. Dont stop them from coming over just b/c of some dim bulb in a shipping dept...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hugs to you at this so difficult time . You did not need any additional stress :( I hope you still enjoy special memory making time with your family, even though you don't have all the materials you planned on. Just the fact that you are determined to share this time will speak volumes of memories to your loved ones. Somehow the crafts will work out with the biggest blessing being the time spent. You must be an inspiration to everyone you know, you have an amazing attitude! My best wishes and thoughts to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #5  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts

I am so sorry - for everything. I am sorry for your illness and to the compounded issues with that ordering. I can't say I've ordered much from JoAnn's but I haven't had any issues. It WILL make me think twice about ordering them in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I am so sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Having an uncaring, unthinking customer service representative adds insult to injury. I have ordered from Joann's, and I find them to be ssssssssssssslow. I agree with everyone here, and hope that the bad behavior of a big, impersonal company won't keep you from enjoying the precious moments you have left.

I realize that this may be a poor substitute, but Amazon has many items available with 2-day shipping, including a few Lia Griffith stamp sets, a Lia Griffith Cricut cartridge and a number of scrapbooking kits from other companies. They even had a few Lia Griffith online classes. It might be fun to just sip cocoa and "craft from the couch."

But how frustrating! Hugs to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 161 Likes on 77 Posts

PMing you.
Reply With Quote Likes