Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default The Inside of the Card

How do you handle the inside of a card? Stamps? Print? Hand write/draw?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

For cards for sale I often add a paper insert, blank but maybe with the corners punched using a decorative punch. For myself, I usually just handwrite. For birthdays I try to add a stamped birthday sentiment especially if there wasn't one on the front. Sometimes when I make a mess I add a piece of cardstock cut with one of the large Spellbinders labels dies, in which case I'd probably use a metallic pen to draw a frame round it, either on the die-cut piece or on the original card inside. I make a few cards with black, kraft or metallic card bases in which case I will always add either an insert or a die-cut panel. Rarely do I print, that tends to be for custom commission cards only.
Mullanphy Lane likes this post.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #3

Sometimes I create pretty insides but usually, I am in a rush so I hand write mine. Sometimes I even write my note on a lined sticky note and keep the inside clean so that the recipient can turn around and use the card if they would like.
fl_beachbum and Mullanphy Lane like this post.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
Hardware Hotshot

I often stamp a small image or part of a large one that was used on the front. If just one small stamp, it might be on the bottom right corner, but sometimes there’s more than one. (If only part of a large one, it would be at an edge with scrap paper under the card so the rest of the inked stamp wouldn’t go on the work surface.)

Sometimes a sentiment is stamped on the inside. Sometimes it’s a longish note, other times a few words and a signature.

If the card is colored cardstock, a piece of white cardstock is usually adhered to the inside to write/stamp on.

Sometimes something is cut out of the front or the sentiment or image is in the inside. I’ll see if I can find an example.

This one has the stamped sentiment inside. (It’s one card, just shown closed and open.) See Through Birthday Card by bjeans - at Splitcoaststampers

And this one just repeats one of three trees on the front. A note was added.

I’d love to see examples of what others do, since often insides aren’t shown. So thank you for asking, Mullanphy Lane!

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 12-08-2018 at 01:35 PM..
fl_beachbum, NinaBeth and Mullanphy Lane like this post.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

99 % of the time I write inside, I have just recently in the last couple of years bought stamps for the inside but, I usually do not think to use them since I have always written in mine.

I keep thinking I am going to do what Anne does on her's and have the zinger lines on the inside (someday) but, so far it has not happened yet.

My Blog
jeanne3579 and Mullanphy Lane like this post.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

I do lots of different things:
1.Stamp a sentiment directly on the inside and add a strip of pattern paper that matches what I used on the front.
2.If the base is colored card stock, I either put a liner inside or die cut from a Spellbinders label die using pattern paper that looks like it's been watercolored.
3. This year for my Christmas cards I die cut "Merry Christmas" or another holiday sentiment from mirror cardstock and glued it inside
berlycece, NinaBeth, ckstampcrazy and 1 others like this post.
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

I don't like writing a lot on the inside of my cards so I go crazy!!!! Often the inside of my cards is almost as decorated as the outside! And I love stamping so so much I decorate the envelopes too...lol! Luv to craft!!!!
Old Today, 05:42 AM   #8
Proud Fan Club Member

Mine are usually handwritten inside, and rarely decorated in any way. I'm starting to move into decorating them similar to what Beth (bjeans) does, and have acquired a few "inside sentiment" stamps for several occasions. I'll still probably hand-write most of the time, though, to be honest...

jeanne3579 likes this post.
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #9
Mad Swapper

I always hand write a note on the inside and often the back of cards I send. If there is no place in the design on the front for the greeting, it will go inside, but I still write in it. I rarely stamp a verse inside. For dark cards I use white, gold, silver or copper pens, as I just don't take the time for the extra step of adding a panel of paper. I sure do love the look of a small image that reflects the front, and may have to try to make that a part of the process.
Old Today, 07:28 AM   #10
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I remembered something else I often do: I make a lot of my own backgrounds but the same would apply for DP. If I started with an A2 or square price and trimmed 1/4" strips off for layering, I will often add those on the inside, on the left-hand and bottom edges about half an inch in
berlycece and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old Today, 08:12 AM   #11
Kookie Creator

To me, a card isn't finished unless there is something inside. A verse, a stamped image, washi tape, decorative punch....etc.
ladyhawke likes this post.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #12
Inking Addict

Default Insides of Cards

I am usually in a hurry to finish a card, but would like to do more inside decorating when I have more time to spend on a card.

Please keep more ideas coming (Pictures are great). I struggle with thinking of something when I finish the front. I know that just a little something is needed but end up with a simple sentiment and then hand writing a personal message.

Thanks for any and all ideas.
Barbara
jeanne3579 likes this post.
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #13
Inking Addict

My card fronts are usually so heavily embellished (with multi-layered handmade dimensional flowers) that I need to add weight to the inside to prevent a displayed card from tipping forward. I add 1-3 layers of colors or prints (layers are cut just 1/8 inch progressively smaller) used on the front, then finish with a white or cream layer for the message. I usually adhere a leaf or flourish (used on the front) to a corner that will touch all the layers. I'll stamp a very short sentiment and leave plenty of room for a hand written note and signature.
fl_beachbum likes this post.
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #14
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm330mks View Post
To me, a card isn't finished unless there is something inside. A verse, a stamped image, washi tape, decorative punch....etc.

Ditto that!
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #15
Matboard Maniac

I usually stamp a generic sentiment inside, then write a personal message. Though when I am creating cards just to play, I generally don't do anything inside other than a stamped image or something. I wait until I have a need for the card before I stamp a sentiment inside. That way I can customize it a bit.