Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Based on my story, has this happened to you?
Oh yes! All the time....at least 20 times a year! 15 7.89%
It has happened once to me and will never happen again! 85 44.74%
No way! Only a complete and utter/idiot would drive along not knowing they have a flat! 90 47.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #81
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwnmomView Post
wonderful card!! I love it!!

sorry about your flat... don't let it embarrass you... you'll probably never see smug lady again!

Now she just has to worry about her smug friends not letting her forget it. LOL I love aggravating her.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.
F4A Hostess
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #82
Gabfest Goddess

lol I have to admit I've had this happen a few times. Not quite 20 a year, though! lol Knock on wood it's been a quite a few years now, but now every time the car is just a little off from the road, I think I have a flat tire and have to stop and check! When I was in college, I drove home like normal and was in the house. My hubby got home and came in with that smirk. I had a flat and never knew it. Sadly, not the only time it happened.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #83
Watercolor Wizard

2 funny!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 03-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

I was helping a friend move only about 2 miles down the road from an apt to a house. I was leaving for the evening and she was going back to the apt so she was right in front of me. I felt something really weird but wasn't sure what it was, my car had over 100K on it, so it could be anything. There were some kids riding their bikes that told me I had a flat as we were stopped at the corner. Luckily, I was able to flash my headlights and get my friends attention to pull over into a parking lot (yes we both had cell phones, but it never dawned on me to use it.) We were all set to take on this repair by ourselves. We got out the spare, and the jack, looked up in the owners manual where to properly place the jack, got the car up and couldn't budge the lug nuts at all. We were both trying together and couldn't do it. My DH was out of town and her DH was working the night shift and couldn't leave, but he did call a friend to come "rescue" us. The friend was impressed that we got that far, but was still trying to stifle his laughter as he fixed it. The spare was also flat, but not as bad as the original, so I was able to get to a gas station to fill it up. My friend drove behind me the whole way to make sure I made it home (only 10 mins away, but very busy roads, so it was nice.)

The next day I had a Dr's appointment and the tire place was across the street. I figured that I could get the tire replaced in 10 mins and go off to work. Wrong....they told me it would be 3-4 hours. I called friends dh and he was waiting for the carpet cleaners to finish but would come get me if I still needed it when they were done. I decided to start walking.....it was 9 miles and about 100* out. Just as I was finally walking down my street the tire place called and the tire was fixed and as soon as I walked in the door my friends DH was available to pick me up. Needless to say I never made it to work that day. I took a long cold shower before going back to get my car.

That is my flat tire story.....and no I did not get a card. But my DH got an earful from all the guys that he worked with when they found out that I needed to be "rescued." Ugh!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

OK that was much longer than I thought it would be...sorry about the novel