Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ikea room...any ideas, likes, dislikes???

My DH wants to create a "Ikea Room" for me and all of my crafty addictions. Is there anything any of you have bought at Ikea that you like, dislike, or coudl nto live without???? I want to get going on the room before my DH changes his mind ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Subscribing......I'm taking my first trip to Ikea next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I just got this kitchen unit a few weeks ago and I love it! I don't know what I ever did without it. The counter is high enough I can stand at it without bending over and the drawers are huge! They hold tons of stuff. It is very sturdy and well built. I can't even lift it by myself. It is that heavy! Plus it's purty! I also got one of those metal wall sheets that has round containers with clear lids. I put all of my eyelets and prima flowers in them in like colors. It is way easier to find everything and it is beautiful! Have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

What is the metal wall sheet you refer too??

[QUOTE=lesarapp;8876338]I just got this kitchen unit a few weeks ago and I love it! I don't know what I ever did without it. The counter is high enough I can stand at it without bending over and the drawers are huge! They hold tons of stuff. It is very sturdy and well built. I can't even lift it by myself. It is that heavy! Plus it's purty! I also got one of those metal wall sheets that has round containers with clear lids. I put all of my eyelets and prima flowers in them in like colors. It is way easier to find everything and it is beautiful! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

My crafting table is a couple of trestle-style legs and a big glass tabletop from IKEA - I love it. It's easy to clean and has plenty of room for everything.

My little gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I just looked on the ikea website and can't find it. Give me a few and I will take a pic or find it it in the catalog. Back in a few.

[quote=forestnymph;8876395]What is the metal wall sheet you refer too??

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesarappView Post
I just got this kitchen unit a few weeks ago and I love it! I don't know what I ever did without it. The counter is high enough I can stand at it without bending over and the drawers are huge! They hold tons of stuff. It is very sturdy and well built. I can't even lift it by myself. It is that heavy! Plus it's purty! I also got one of those metal wall sheets that has round containers with clear lids. I put all of my eyelets and prima flowers in them in like colors. It is way easier to find everything and it is beautiful! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I did my whole craft room in IKEA. I used their kitchen cabinets, oak butcher block counter tops, the trestle legs and table top (oak to match my countertops) that NYOprinces also used, undercounter lighting, the kitchen storage system that looks like brushed nickel - bar with hanging shelves and hanging (flower) pots, and finally a non-IKEA cassette tape holder mounted to the wall to store my stamp pads.

I love the counter height for when I want to stand and work. I love all of the drawers that hold my stamps and supplies. I love the hanging shelves that hold my punches, ribbons, stickles and other embellishments. The under-counter lighting is a MUST HAVE. I need light. The hanging wall cabinets hold my paint cans, mini mailboxes, catalogs and cookbooks and office supplies. I use the table to hold my computer. It's the best present my DH ever paid for and I did all the work with my dad to put together. It was quite a labor of love. I went with the oak butcher block countertops because they were cheap, but I was affraid they would stain so I stained them a dark ebony color and varnished them to protect them. I did the table top to match.

Check out the IKEA web-site. You can download their software and plug in your room measurements and start dragging and dropping furniture to see what all will fit and what the best lay-out would be.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

LOVE this table!!!! I think I see a trip to Ikea in my future

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

[quote=forestnymph;8876395]What is the metal wall sheet you refer too??

Quote:

I think the metal was around 20 bucks and you buy the bracket stuff to hang it with separately. The containers are 3 for 4.99 I think.

Ikea room...any ideas, likes, dislikes???-dscf3639-1.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Here is a close up of the metal containers. They have really heavy duty magnets on the back. They have to really be pulled on to get them off.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahsCreationsView Post
I did my whole craft room in IKEA. I used their kitchen cabinets, oak butcher block counter tops, the trestle legs and table top (oak to match my countertops) that NYOprinces also used, undercounter lighting, the kitchen storage system that looks like brushed nickel - bar with hanging shelves and hanging (flower) pots, and finally a non-IKEA cassette tape holder mounted to the wall to store my stamp pads.

I love the counter height for when I want to stand and work. I love all of the drawers that hold my stamps and supplies. I love the hanging shelves that hold my punches, ribbons, stickles and other embellishments. The under-counter lighting is a MUST HAVE. I need light. The hanging wall cabinets hold my paint cans, mini mailboxes, catalogs and cookbooks and office supplies. I use the table to hold my computer. It's the best present my DH ever paid for and I did all the work with my dad to put together. It was quite a labor of love. I went with the oak butcher block countertops because they were cheap, but I was affraid they would stain so I stained them a dark ebony color and varnished them to protect them. I did the table top to match.

Check out the IKEA web-site. You can download their software and plug in your room measurements and start dragging and dropping furniture to see what all will fit and what the best lay-out would be.
I would love to see some pictures of your room!!!

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahsCreationsView Post

Thanks for pointing out the drag and drop...i did not know that was a possibility! I can't wait!!! It sounds like you have had lots of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

One thing also that I bought from IKEA that I love is the metal towel bars. I mounted them onto a board (their measurements do not line up with our stud spaces in our walls) and then mounted the board onto my wall. I hang all my punches on these bars and it works great. I have a picture in my gallery if you wanted to take a look. The only problem is that I only bought 3 and they are now full -- has that ever happened to you? LOL
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

A lot of my stamping room furniture came from IKEA. MY_STAMPIN_ROOM_004_by_K_Benko by K. Benko at Splitcoaststampers
In this picture the 3 butcher block tables and punch holders plus metal hanging buckets/baskets are from IKEA
MY_STAMPIN_ROOM_011_by_K_Benko by K. Benko at Splitcoaststampers
The white metal board holding the tins are from IKEA.
MY_STAMPIN_ROOM_017_by_K_Benko by K. Benko at Splitcoaststampers
My big working table is also from IKEA - sorry poor picture but the other side has 3 drawers on top and 2 full length open shelves on the bottom. Also I have a paper roll (kids drawing/painting paper) that I use to cover the table when I'm stamping.
Check out my gallery for more ideas, especially the cool ink pad/ink refill holder. The fellow that makes them lives in my town and he has shipped all over USA & Canada. He makes them to hold from 52 to 80 ink pads/refills. He is now working on one that has 6 sides!!! Hope that helps. Have fun with your room.
Kathy

Kathy

Last edited by K. Benko; 02-22-2008 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I love my Bygel rails!

20080131CraftRoom012.jpg

Dh still has to put up the rest. We had to mount them on the wood as well since they did not line up with the studs. Dh is also going to make me some moveable shelves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

I bought four of these white units and love them for stamps, ink pads, paper, and then I bought a PAX storage unit which has doors and slide out drawers which hold all of my punches and SU sets. Love it because everything is put away.
Attached Thumbnails
Ikea room...any ideas, likes, dislikes???-21963_pe099485_s3%5B1%5D.jpg   Ikea room...any ideas, likes, dislikes???-50128_pe146082_s3%5B1%5D.jpg   Ikea room...any ideas, likes, dislikes???-63414_pe170984_s4%5B1%5D.jpg  

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Lesa,

Love that kitchen unit! Can you tell me if those drawers will fit 12 x 12 papers in them? I would love to add that piece to my area....so cool!!!

Thanks,

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Another vote for the bygel rails! Mine are used primarily for punches and I don't have mine mounted into studs, but used drywall mounts (the little plastic thingy you screw the screw into). I don't have any problems with the punches pulling the rails out of the wall...too much weight. I also have the little jars for my ribbon 'scraps.' I don't see them on the IKEA web page, but maybe someone else can find 'em or has a picture of them. I'd love to have an IKEA table, but that's too much $$ right now.

Oh yeah...I remember reading here (on another thread) that some really liked the Moses chair.

Last edited by Choc0holic; 02-22-2008 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

I love my Galant series tables and matching file cabinets along with the rail system posters above me have mentioned. You can see pictures on my blog:
http://impressyourself.typepad.com/i...y-stampin.html
Have fun and be sure and post pictures of your finds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

1chrystal, very clever how the extra wood was added. Great organization!

Where did your black ATG come from?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 02:58 AM   #21  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I hunted and hunted (so did DH) for those metal bars for my punches. We nearly dropped of exhaustion and never found them at IKEA. Are the with the flower pot stuff? (didn't look there)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

The bars are in the kitchen area as I recall. Just ask someone; their staff is extra helpful. I described them in the strangest way and they still managed to help me find 'em.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

For my stamping/scrapbook table, we got 2 kitchen base cabinets in the clearance section then put a kitchen countertop on top. It's super big and sturdy. I love it!

Here's the IKEA series for the bases. I chose to get them with a drawer on top and shelves below. It's a huge storage area!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...e/10379/11471/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:43 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Default My Ikea items

I have the following items from Ikea in my craft/study/guest room, from the Liatorp collection:
two Buffet with top cabinet - great for storage underneath using photo boxes (30 in each buffet!) and display/storage in the shelves above
one sideboard (originally called a TV bench, so that is what my TV sits on, but would make a great work station for standing) for more storage
one Wall/Bridging shelf over the sideboard - stores all my unmounted stamps in CDs

They are arranged along one wall with the buffets on each end and the sideboard/TV Bench in the middle.

I also have a dining table that I purchased for $15 in the damage section of Ikea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I bought my desk at IKEA. I choose a model that you select the legs you want, and the surface shapes. Mine is L shaped and I only bought 2 sets of "T" legs. For the 3rd leg, I use a 2 drawer file cabinet, which holds all my 8.5x11 paper.

I also bought a free standing "cube" shelf of the same color finish as the desk. It is about 60"x60" and has 16 "cubbies". I have straw baskets in 5 of the cubbies, which store stuff I'm not ready to scrapbook. A couple other cubbies hold 3 wooden "magazine" boxes which I keep all my catalogs, idea books in. A couple other cubbies hold the 12x12 paper storage things (SU sells them). Then a few of the cubbies are just decorated with plants, old cameras, old ink bottles...

I LOVE my IKEA stuff!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Sorry so slow Pam. The drawers are 13" wide by a little over 20". I am storing all my stuff in the drawers and then I plan to get a shelf unit that has 12" cubby holes. I also like the idea of the rolling file cabinets to put the paper in. I haven't got that far yet because IKEA is 3 1/2 hours away and my kitchen unit was $499. I gotta pace myself. I started with the pricey stuff first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpamView Post
Lesa,

Love that kitchen unit! Can you tell me if those drawers will fit 12 x 12 papers in them? I would love to add that piece to my area....so cool!!!

Thanks,

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes