In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How would you feel?
I would not respond to hate emails at all. 34 51.52%
I would be embarrassed if my customers were doing such things. 31 46.97%
I would make a statement telling my customers that I do not condone such behavior. 38 57.58%
I would remain silent regardless if I was embarrassed of my friends/customers actions. 6 9.09%
I would wonder if the other company was condoning actions against me. 12 18.18%
I would save hate emails for a possible future slander lawsuit. 13 19.70%
I would be proud that customers send hate mail to my rival regardless of the rivals fault. 1 1.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default If you owned a stamp company...

What would you do, how would you feel to the following situation if YOU WERE THE OWNER?
Moderators: Please delete all comments if anyone decides to start naming names or pointing blame. This is a hypothetical situation and a poll because I am curious to see what the majority of folks would do/feel. Curiosity only!
Thanks for playing.

Hypothetical situation:
You received many slanderous emails in reference to something claiming you did something that you truly and seriously did not intentionally do. Prior to the slanderous emails, you took immediate action to correct the "mistake", but still, the hate came rolling in anyway. All the hate email is coming from fans/customers/friends of a rival stamp company owner.

The poll question is:
How would you feel about
1. if you were the one being hated,
2. what impression would it give you of the other company
3. if YOUR customers were the ones sending hate to someone else.

Select all options that apply to you.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop

Last edited by tx stamper; 12-03-2007 at 02:05 PM..
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast
 
momis mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: prolly in my 'rubber room'... in the mid-west
Posts: 11,539
Default

so sorry to hear so much hate is coming at you.

we each can only control and are responsible for our own actions.

i say turn the other cheek and go about your business.

you have said you were sorry and tried to rectify it... (controlling and responsible for your actions)

hugs to you and hope things get better!
__________________
my creations
momis mama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default no hate is on me

There is no hate coming at me. I am simply curious what others would do if this happened to them.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
.....
we each can only control and are responsible for our own actions.

i say turn the other cheek and go about your business......
Yes, we are responsible only for our own actions, so what I want to know is what a company owner would do if their own friends/customers were being slanderous against another company, would you make a statement (being responsible) telling your customers that you would not approve of such hate emailing, REGARDLESS of the fault of the other company? Or would you not, risking that this may result in appearing to look as if you appreciate or condone others being hateful?

Just so curious what the majority public thinks.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
Forum Fanatic
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,165
Default

I'm a bit confused- are you asking what I would do if I was the owner of the company recieving the hate mail, or if I was the owner of the company whose fans were sending hate mail to defend me? (I thought it was pretty clear it was the first one, but your last poll choice has me confused).

Sadly, I don't think this is hypothetical, and I feel very sorry for the owner of the company I believe this is directed at, but also feel for the owner of the other company who believes she was wronged. However, it seems like it should be their issue- not hundreds of stampers.
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default both

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
I'm a bit confused- are you asking what I would do if I was the owner of the company recieving the hate mail, or if I was the owner of the company whose fans were sending hate mail to defend me?......
I am asking both and there are options for both in the poll.

It IS hypothetical to everyone out there who doesn't own a company, and I'm curious to know.
I do not own a company.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac
 
collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 331
Default

If I hypothetically own the company that customers are taking up for, I wonder how I would know that my customers are sending hate mail to someone. I find it difficult to answer the poll because I am not sure I would know this was going on to even be able to respond.
collector is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
Inking Addict
 
mypixiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Posts: 77
Default

If I owned a stamp company how would I know what mail my customers were sending to a rival company?
I would never send hate mail so I would not want my customers to do it.
mypixiegirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default .

Quote:

Originally Posted by collectorView Post
If I hypothetically own the company that customers are taking up for, I wonder how I would know that my customers are sending hate mail to someone. I find it difficult to answer the poll because I am not sure I would know this was going on to even be able to respond.
Sorry for the confusion!

But since it is hypothetical, then it would assume IF you knew it was happening, whatever way that info might become known to you.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
Forum Fanatic
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,165
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamperView Post
I am asking both and there are options for both in the poll.

It IS hypothetical to everyone out there who doesn't own a company, and I'm curious to know.
I do not own a company.
Oh I see- but one can only answer the poll from one perspective- otherwise the responses would get muddled.

If I was the other company owner recieving hate mail I would merely ignore and delete it, or print it out and save it in a file should I choose (based on the severity of the threats in said "hate" mail) to involve law enforcement. I might also contact the other company, if I was clearly incorrectly blamed, and attempt to clear up the issue with that owner- who might feel wronged, but I may have evidence to show it was coincidental and not intentional. (Say- I was being blamed of copying stamps, and i had sketches dated, and sent to the printer three weeks prior to the other company publicly releasing the stamps)

If I was the other company owner, and aware of this going on, I would make a statement, if I had a way of communicating with my customers (a blog?) that it is not their battle to fight, whether I thought the other company had wronged me, or was being mistakenly blamed.
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Oh I see- but one can only answer the poll from one perspective- otherwise the responses would get muddled.

If I was the other company owner recieving hate mail I would merely ignore and delete it, or print it out and save it in a file should I choose (based on the severity of the threats in said "hate" mail) to involve law enforcement. I might also contact the other company, if I was clearly incorrectly blamed, and attempt to clear up the issue with that owner- who might feel wronged, but I may have evidence to show it was coincidental and not intentional. (Say- I was being blamed of copying stamps, and i had sketches dated, and sent to the printer three weeks prior to the other company publicly releasing the stamps)

If I was the other company owner, and aware of this going on, I would make a statement, if I had a way of communicating with my customers (a blog?) that it is not their battle to fight, whether I thought the other company had wronged me, or was being mistakenly blamed.
WOW! That sounded so professional! Very reasonable response. Thank you for indulging my curiosity.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #12
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Default

As an owner of a company, I am sure that I wouldn't even know if my customers sent another company an email so I think the question is one that is unanswerable.

To create a question that could be answered,

What would I do as the owner of a company if I received hate mail?

As the owner of a company, if I personally was receiving hate mail, I certainly would keep it between me and the person sending it and focus on the positive when it comes to dealing with the rest of the public.

Also, as the owner of a company, if I was receiving hate mail and I shared that info with my design team, I would ask them to please keep it private and not to create an emphasis on that aspect of my business but rather focus on my products, samples and other positive things about me.

JMHO

Hugs,
Gina K.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 12,586
Default

I understand and appreciate your curiosity, however in my opinion, there is no right way to answer these questions and this thread will only serve to dredge up the previous issue which might not be your intent. The companies involved might be best served by allowing some space and distance. Again, just my opinion...
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 12,586
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post

What would I do as the owner of a company if I received hate mail?

As the owner of a company, if I personally was receiving hate mail, I certainly would keep it between me and the person sending it and focus on the positive when it comes to dealing with the rest of the public.

Also, as the owner of a company, if I was receiving hate mail and I shared that info with my design team, I would ask them to please keep it private and not to create an emphasis on that aspect of my business but rather focus on my products, samples and other positive things about me.

JMHO

Hugs,
Gina K.

Exactly.
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #15
Polyshrink Goddess
 
bnlnkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 683
Default

*sigh* Good grief.

Personally, if I can look myself in the morror at night and can be proud of my actions as well as how I treated others, then the satisfaction I would feel from that would leave absolutely no room for any concern over what others have done or said to me. Is there really anything else that matters?? I mean, we have no control over others' words and actions, so why put all this time and energy into it? That would just be like bringing yourself down to "their" level, right?

I can understand how this situtaion (as "hypothetical" as it may be ) could be extremely hurtful to all invloved - including the ones you might least expect. But if we remember that the only thing we are going to be accountable for one of these days is our own words and actions, taking the high road, letting others do what they will, and not concerning ourselves with it any further is the only option. Anything else would be futile. JMHO.
__________________
Lisa C - aka INKYMOM
DT member for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
My blog
bnlnkids is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
Kookie Creator
 
Stamp Happy Susie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: York, PA
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:

Sadly, I don't think this is hypothetical, and I feel very sorry for the owner of the company I believe this is directed at, but also feel for the owner of the other company who believes she was wronged. However, it seems like it should be their issue- not hundreds of stampers.

I agree with this completely. No matter who anyone feels is right... hate mail should not be condoned. I'd be embarrassed if I found out a customer was sending hate mail to a rival.

I also think this *hypothetical* situation is a dead horse being beaten...
__________________
~~~~~Susie Q~~~~~
My teeny tiny gallery!
Stamp Happy Susie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
Hardware Hotshot
 
Tracy-Stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,074
Default

1. This isn't really hypothetical.

2. I'm sure everyone agrees that hate mail is terrible.

3. You should be portraying your company in a positive light, not associating them with hate mail.

4. I really should stay away from these threads.
__________________
Visit me here ----> Durcan Designs
Tracy-Stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast
 
The MFT Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eustis, FL
Posts: 12,586
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
1. This isn't really hypothetical.

2. I'm sure everyone agrees that hate mail is terrible.

3. You should be portraying your company in a positive light, not associating them with hate mail.

4. I really should stay away from these threads.
I love your answer!
The MFT Lady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #19
Glitter Guru
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 5,913
Default

I sincerely didn't intend to cause any harm here, but it seems no matter what I say or do lately, it is torn apart and mishandled.
I have requested to a moderator the thread and poll be deleted at the numerous private emails I have received.
One last goodbye.
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #20
Insane Embellisher
 
plkelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Happy SusieView Post
I agree with this completely. No matter who anyone feels is right... hate mail should not be condoned. I'd be embarrassed if I found out a customer was sending hate mail to a rival.

I also think this *hypothetical* situation is a dead horse being beaten...
I would respectfully submit that the person receiving hate mail may not think the horse is all that dead.
plkelley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #21
Mad Swapper
 
theresalaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
1. This isn't really hypothetical.

2. I'm sure everyone agrees that hate mail is terrible.

3. You should be portraying your company in a positive light, not associating them with hate mail.

4. I really should stay away from these threads.
Perfectly said.
theresalaird is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #22
Kookie Creator
 
Stamp Happy Susie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: York, PA
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelleyView Post
I would respectfully submit that the person receiving hate mail may not think the horse is all that dead.

And it should be something that the person receiving the hate mail should deal with as she sees fit.
__________________
~~~~~Susie Q~~~~~
My teeny tiny gallery!
Stamp Happy Susie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sassyat30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 15,273
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamperView Post
I sincerely didn't intend to cause any harm here, but it seems no matter what I say or do lately, it is torn apart and mishandled.
I have requested to a moderator the thread and poll be deleted at the numerous private emails I have received.
One last goodbye.

Laurie, if you receive anything you even *think* is a nasty pm, please forward it to a moderator and they will take care of it.

I think all the "hate" that has been directed at this company is disgusting. I answered the poll that I would be ashamed if I ever found out my so-called friends/customers were directing hate towards another company.

AND, I would keep every single piece of correspondence for a possible future slanderous lawsuit.

ETA: I would also speak out and let my customers know that I do not condone any such behavior.

Last edited by sassyat30; 12-03-2007 at 04:54 PM..
sassyat30 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Stamping Bella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 720
Default as hypothetical as this may be

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamperView Post
I sincerely didn't intend to cause any harm here, but it seems no matter what I say or do lately, it is torn apart and mishandled.
I have requested to a moderator the thread and poll be deleted at the numerous private emails I have received.
One last goodbye.
TX stamper, I really think you should let this go.. it will just drudge up "bad memories'.. it's better sometimes to just let things go and they will resolve themselves.

Just my silly little opinion
Em
__________________
Stamping Bella
Blogabella
Stamping Bella is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #25
Insane Embellisher
 
Katie018075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Posts: 763
Default

oops, totally did NOT mean to check that last box...sorry
Katie018075 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #26
Insane Embellisher
 
Katie018075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping BellaView Post
TX stamper, I really think you should let this go.. it will just drudge up "bad memories'.. it's better sometimes to just let things go and they will resolve themselves.

Just my silly little opinion
Em

Katie018075 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #27
Hardware Hotshot
 
palval77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Just North of the Twin Cities
Posts: 4,094
Default

Sadly, I don't think this is hypothetical, and I feel very sorry for the owner of the company I believe this is directed at, but also feel for the owner of the other company who believes she was wronged. However, it seems like it should be their issue- not hundreds of stampers.
__________________


I agree
__________________
~Valerie~
My Altered States
"If you cant be a good example then at least be a horrible warning."
palval77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
Hardware Hotshot
 
palval77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Just North of the Twin Cities
Posts: 4,094
Default

Breathe in the Butterflies..............Blow out the Dragons.
__________________
~Valerie~
My Altered States
"If you cant be a good example then at least be a horrible warning."
palval77 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast
 
steubner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 15,987
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MFT LadyView Post
I understand and appreciate your curiosity, however in my opinion, there is no right way to answer these questions and this thread will only serve to dredge up the previous issue which might not be your intent. The companies involved might be best served by allowing some space and distance. Again, just my opinion...
Very well said.
__________________
Shannan
My Gallery
My Blog-Come Visit me!
steubner is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jbalcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central Texas
Posts: 30,082
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamperView Post
I have requested to a moderator the thread and poll be deleted at the numerous private emails I have received.
Since it's been brought up here, I'm going to answer here and then close this thread.

We have received requests to delete this thread and the poll associated with it. As we've answered in the past when asked to delete threads that got heated, we will not. We will remove or edit posts that violate our TOS, but won't remove a thread because the original poster had second thoughts. We ask our members to "take the greatest care when they post new threads or create a response to an existing thread" and appreciate your understanding.

Should you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.
__________________
Jenn Balcer
My Blog
jbalcer is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Closed Thread





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off