Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought this was a site for stamping ideas?

Is it just me or is SCS getting out of hand? It seems like everytime I check the site, there's more and more non-stamping related stuff on here. Politics, home-schooling, ebay--everyone's personal opinion on everything. No offense, but if it ain't stampin', it shouldn't be on here... If you want to chat with cyber-buddies, go to a chat room. Even the home page tells it like it is...

" Welcome To Splitcoaststampers
A gathering place for stampers - meet and talk with other members of the community, check out the gallery where you'll find tons of categorized samples, share your own stamping creations (and maybe win a prize!), catch up on the latest news, tips & techniques, or find out about upcoming events and happenings."

I'm sure I've p.o.-ed a lot of people--but just start another thread to whine about me and don't worry about pm ing me. I'll continue to come to the site to see the gallery and get STAMPING ideas when I feel like sorting through all of the other crap.

VOTE BUSH in '04
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default stamping site???

Hurdafew.....You hit a nerve with me!!! Only because I AGREE!!

Before the catalog came out I found this site and was ADDICTED!!! Everyone was so pumped about the upcoming catalog and happy, happy, happy!!

Now it just seems different. I don't come here nearly as much as I used to. And I'm sure people will not agree with me either. Just seems like a place for people to complain. (as I am doing I guess :? )

If the prices things go for on ebay make you angry - help your blood pressure and just don't go to ebay!

I'm done....

BUSH 04'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I am deleling the original post. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Most everything you mentioned in your first paragraph is in the Everyday Chit Chat section which describes itself as:

Everyday Chit Chat
Are there other things worth discussing? Maybe. This forum is a place to talk about whatever tickles your fancy.

All those things would fall into that catagory. While we love to stamp, it is not completely our lives. There are SAHM that homeschool looking to talk to other moms who do the same. There are full time working moms. There are single college students. There are single working women. There are people from everywhere and chatting about things is natural.

No, I don't think it's out of hand, I think the opposite, it's gotten rather homey. And in the gallery and technically forum you will find wonderful ideas, this is a great place and the fact that people are talking about other things means they feel comfortable and at home here. That is truly a great progression.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does Bush have to do with stamping?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, there is a forum section called Every Day Chit Chat just for the purpose of sharing ideas about things other than stamping. Just don't visit that forum if you're not interested in other things. Seems simple to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

okay...the only thing I agree w/ on your post is VOTE BUSH

This is a COMMUNITY. There is a forum entitled "chit chat" it is designed for NON STAMPING. We are a family on this site and we help each other through problems.

Yes some of these topics are not for everyone...just don't read those threads. It's that simple.

There are TONS and TONS of SU samples on this site...for scrapbooking, cardmaking, home decor etc etc...I do not think that we are lacking in great ideas.....

Personally...I realize that there is more to life that SCS and Stamping (I know the horror) and thats why I like it here....It kinda takes that attitude.

There is nothing to complain about. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

From the first time I visited this site, I have loved it. Not every topic appeals to me, but I have no problem glancing at the topic header and skipping through them. I believe that there's something here for everyone. Some people have more time and can get involved in long-winded threads, and that's fine!
For me, because of my time constraints, I just choose the subjects that are of personal interest. That's the beauty of this site.
Alicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Default chit chat

it's just annoying that on the home page, in the lastest postings section, i have to sort through all of the "Chit chat" to get to anything good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: chit chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurdafew
it's just annoying that on the home page, in the lastest postings section, i have to sort through all of the "Chit chat" to get to anything good.
there are worse things in life than having to sort through fourm topics.
Grow up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, you are certainly allowed to share your opinion. Isn't that what this is all about? Everyone sharing their opinions and ideas. If you do not want to read about or join in, don't do it.
Anyway, you sure started a lively discussion and that had nothing to do with stamping and techniques.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

nothing stops you from going to the forums section and clicking on general discussion or techniques - then you would have all the postings related to stamping. Takes about 5 seconds I knwo because that is what I do - if you go by the topics that are on the home page you are going to miss an awful lot since this place is always hoppin'

This is a free site (although I do believe anyone that has this site book marked on their favorites and come here a few times a week should make a donation to help keep it free) so you are not required to come here.

If you don't like a topic don't read it - simple as that....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote from AndyJoe"- "NOt ONLY ARE YOU DUMB, YOUR EVEN DUMBER BY ADDING VOTE FOR FOR BUSH! (My personal opinion, if you don't like it too bad) Boy are you a sour puss!"

Maybe the original poster came off the wrong way in how she worded her post, but at least she didn't call anyone names. And from your post, I guess I'm dumb then, because I will be voting for Bush. Last I saw, this was a free country and we can vote for whoever we chose. Like the old saying goes- if you can't say anything nice- don't say anything. Maybe you should take that to heart.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

:lol: :lol: :lol: I usually just read these somewhat "tense" strings and just sit on the sidelines, but I just have to say that this one has a Jerry Springer like tone to it! Can I just say Mountain out of Molehill??? And now you have created a string that is the exact thing you are complaining about?? go figure? and definitely vote BUSH LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Default don't get me wrong

there are great aspects to the site, but I guess I'm just not understanding this whole cyber-friend thing. It's one thing to learn how to emboss or book workshops, but some of this other stuff is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: chit chat

Quote:

Just a suggestion, but if you feel that way, perhaps mark the forums as your starting point. Then it won't be so "annoying" to you.

Most of us love it here. Chit chat, stamping, who's the next queen...we've grown (14,361 and growing!) to love every aspect of it. I for one love it all.....good, bad or ugly. I just stick with the good, hold my tongue (most of the time!) on the bad, and try to avoid the uglies. Life hands out enough of those all by itself.

SCS ROCKS! Every iota of it!!

And I say vote. Period. I'm Canadian so I'll just stay the heck outta THAT debate! LOL

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry about the dumb and dumber note! Was not thinking. You have every right to express you opinion. Again, that is what this site is all about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Hurdafew,
Kind of funny that you complain that there's politics on this site, but find it necessary to add "Vote Bush".
Does politics bother you, or just politics you don't agree with?
We all find things here that we like, and things that we don't. Theoretically, we are all adults and can decide what to read and what to ignore. When you see a topic you don't like, don't read it. Couldn't be simpler.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

I agree that maybe the 'chit chat' stuff should stay in the chit chat section, but I see no reason to not have it here. People make friends here and they want to talk non-stamping stuff with them as much as stamping stuff. I see no reason for them to have to move to a whole other chat site to have to discuss non stamping stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Happy Friday!

herdafew: Just click on forums and then click on the forums that interest you. If you don't like the everyday chitchat, you don't even have to look at it! It's really that simple.

Your thread just made me laugh because you are accusing people of doing the same thing you just did (complaining about something that is non stamping related)

SplitCoast is a very close knit group of people who share in each others joys and sorrows of real life. I agree with the others, stamping and scrapbooking isn't completely what life is about. It's great to have a place to go for everyone. Everyone should be able to find something here at SplitCoast. My advice again is to just click on the forums and skip the everyday chitchat forum.

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: don't get me wrong

Quote:

there are great aspects to the site, but I guess I'm just not understanding this whole cyber-friend thing. It's one thing to learn how to emboss or book workshops, but some of this other stuff is beyond me.
Sorry, but in my opinion, you're missin' the best part of it all. Yup, the site is super for ideas, etc...but the friends I've made here are the BEST friends ever.

Maybe you should join the RAK (random acts of kindness) forum and maybe then you'll start to "understand" the "cyber friend" thing. It's the best part of this place.

Stay happy!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW! I just got back on to check the latest news and I can't believe this thead. I'm shocked by some of the behavior....I've not been here that long but I know that this is NOT NOT NOT what SCS is about. I know I've had a bad week, I'm tired, I have too many things to do and I get plenty irritated at times by some posts, but you know..instead of responding, I go on to the next one until I find something that brightens my day. The love and support I see on here IS what the site is all about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have found some of the dearest friends on this site. People that I call friend, worry about, greave with, laugh with, and Cry for. This is a special place.......sounds like it’s not your place. Why don’t you just stick to the gallery.........But I have to say......you will be missing out on the Community portion of the board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:23 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: don't get me wrong

Quote:

Nothing infuriates me more than people who gripe about free stuff. Face it, this site was not created around your personal needs. It is kept up and running becasue it satisfies peoples needs in different aspects. Personally I think you just posted that to get something up and going. Well congratulations your purpose was accomplished.

Different strokes for different folks. Just because YOU don't understand the "cyber friend thing" doesn't mean that no one else does. Once again the world does not revolve aroud you.

I know several people that come on this site, look at the gallery, look at the techniques and thats all. You could do that. It's not that difficult.
Complaining about having to sort through posts to me is just laziness. Sorry to be so harsh, but i just don't understand how you could throw such a temper tantrum about something that is free and and option.

Have a GREAT day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:24 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Default soooo sorry

Yes, I put one post up stating my opinion----it's all of you who feel like making comments and name calling. I simply stated my opinion, maturely, and didn't try to personally attack anyone or call them names. So much for the "family" atmosphere. I would of thought better from people who claim to respect opinions are being so rude.

With that said, Adios. I'll crawl back into the land of lurkers and leave you alone. Didn't mean to raise anyone's bloodpressure so high. It was just an observation.

Lo siento.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

[b]ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: gasp gasp Oh wait here I go again...ROFLMAO!!!! This is so insane!! This is where I come for comedy!! much better than the political debates!! I love reading every single post anywhere on this site. If I dont feel like reading something based on the Subject, I MOVE ON!! If Im bored after reading , then I go back and look at the ones I skippied. You can make friends anywhwere, in a store, at school, shopping, sittin in a park, or, gasp, even on a stampin website!! Are we not supposed to be friendly!! Or talk to other posters?? Thats why we are here, its a community and we make friends!! Granted, there are some that are better friends than others, but who cares?! Were here cuz we like to stamp, gab and post our creations, not to slam what we do in here!! It happens though, then we all move on.........till something else gets our panties in a wad!!
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:29 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Re: Happy Friday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunarLana
herdafew: Just click on forums and then click on the forums that interest you. If you don't like the everyday chitchat, you don't even have to look at it! It's really that simple.

Your thread just made me laugh because you are accusing people of doing the same thing you just did (complaining about something that is non stamping related)
There is something for everyone here at SCS. That's why some of us just love it so much! Lana had a great idea .... just go straight to the forums, and ignore our chitchat. In that way, you'll still enjoy the awesome creativity shared here, and perhaps you'll feel a little more comfy here as time goes by. Or, as Debbi suggested, join our RAK group! It's just another way that we all enjoy the many, many good things we find at SCS!

~TexasGrammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:30 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Again, ironic, isn't it?
First you said:

Quote:

Is it just me or is SCS getting out of hand? ...everyone's personal opinion on everything. No offense, but if it ain't stampin', it shouldn't be on here
Then you said:

Quote:

Yes, I put one post up stating my opinion
now you're offended that people are responding in a way that you don't like. Those are our opinions, and they are just as valid as yours.

My 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default forums

herdafew: I think maybe you should re read some of the posts because there were quite a few people who respectfully offered you an option if you didn't like the every day chit chat. Not everyone was offensive and to be perfectly honest with you, your original post had a tone that probably was the cause for people to post negatively back to you.

I have to tell you that right now I really have things in perspective. My grandpa is dying. He is going home today to die. Clicking into the forums section and skipping over the "stuff" you don't like really shouldn't be that big of a deal. Life is really to short to bicker about silly things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #29  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh ladies, I'm sorry but I have to chime in. These posts have given me my biggest laughs of the day. Instead of a Splitcoast Stamper, today I'm a "split my pants because I was bent over laughing so hard" kinda gal. I hope you all can think TGIF, go have a margarita and enjoy your weekend. Now don't flame me because I like margaritas....then I will have to take a stand. By the way Lana, you look exceptionally charming in your crown.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default forums

Well, thanks Michelle. I thought I looked pretty good too! Ho hum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #31  
The Digi-Freak

Ouch, what am I sitting on? Oh, that's right, my wadded up panties! I better pull em out, unwad em and get on with life, eh?

I don't know 'bout you, but I'm a complete person with many facets. If I read a book and the main character was a stamper and that's ALL she did I'd be We're all well-rounded people. (Some of us even are well-rounded in our bootatas!)

I am a stamping freak! But I'm also a mommy, a wife, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a Christian, a wavering Republican(?), a tomato-lover, a reality-tv addict, and much much more! I'm so glad I can express *all* facets of who I am on SCS

Rubber hugs,
Kimberly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:37 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Re: forums

I'M CALLING A TIME OUT!!!!!!!

Quote:

My grandpa is dying. He is going home today to die.
We love you lana!
I'll be praying for you and your family!
I went through something similar a few years ago!
Steph

MAY THE BATTLE RESUME
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:38 PM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

I prefer mojitos instead of margaritas. But that's just my opinion. Each to his/her own. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

...and might I add that hurdafew has been enjoying a little "chit chat".

: Martha's Big Day!
hurdafew

Replies: 30
Views: 751
Forum: Everyday Chit Chat Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:30 am Subject: best decorated cell
Even if Martha has to do time in prision, you know it won't be in the local slammer--my guess is it'll be in Federal prision, and from things that I've heard, that's not bad... She would have the bes ...
Topic: It's Official!
hurdafew

Replies: 16
Views: 663
Forum: Everyday Chit Chat Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:43 pm Subject: we understand each other...
I just found out about this site earlier in the week and I'm sooo addicted to it now. I have to agree, SU is the BEST!!! Just got my catty's about 2 hours ago, and could barely put it down. Too man ...
Topic: Lana, Having some painful ones...
hurdafew

Replies: 60
Views: 1439
Forum: Everyday Chit Chat Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:51 am Subject: happy contracting!
I'm new to this site, but I wanted to wish you happy contracting this morning!! My son was 2 when my daughter was born--it's the perfect age difference, I think! Best of luck--I hope today is the da ...

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Re: soooo sorry

Quote:

Yes, I put one post up stating my opinion----it's all of you who feel like making comments and name calling. I simply stated my opinion, maturely, and didn't try to personally attack anyone or call them names. So much for the "family" atmosphere. I would of thought better from people who claim to respect opinions are being so rude.

With that said, Adios. I'll crawl back into the land of lurkers and leave you alone. Didn't mean to raise anyone's bloodpressure so high. It was just an observation.

Lo siento.
I would hardly call your original post mature. As for the 'family atmosphere' if someone in my family called something I liked 'crap' (as you did) they would be hearing a few choice words from me.

I always find it ironic that some people think it is ok to say whatever they want and if anyone bites back, then they are the ones who don't respect other peoples opinions. Respect has to be earned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #36  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Well, thanks Michelle. I thought I looked pretty good too! Ho hum!
Lana....you're a perfect Queen. We love you.

You're in my thoughts today!
;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Yes, yes, YES!!! Lana, your crown is majestic!! So befitting the first in our SCS lineage of royalty!

You know I'm keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
~TexasGrammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

have things in perspective....Life is really to short to bicker about silly things.
Hello Dear Lana!
Love you in your crown!
Well deserved!
You sure put in a word of wisdom here!
Thanks so much.
I love to hear the call to peace in your posts.

We will surely be praying for you, your family, and may your Dear Grandpa experience the peace that passes understanding.
Love you, Honey!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

In spite of all this, I think Lana just put it all into perspective. Things are things (like stamps) and don't matter in the big picture of life. Although our stamping is very important to us, people matter most and how we treat them. Can't we all just collectively say "sorry dude, my bad" and move on. I'm going to go send 5 cards to 5 people just for the heck of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow. I've only been on this site for a few weeks and I mostly see very supportive people here. I would definitely have to agree that if you can't take the time to sort the forums you're interested in, perhaps you should remain as a lurker. I mostly come here for techniques, etc. but enjoy reading about everyone's achievements and lives. It's nice to know there is a supportive bunch of ladies out there who will be there when you need them to be. I look forward to the possibility of making friends on this site. One can never have too many friends!

And, Lana, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I lost mine three years ago now and I still find myself reaching for the phone to share something with him. If only long distance carried that far! Hang in there and spend as much time as you can with him while he's here.
Reply With Quote Likes