Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #41
Gallery Gazer

I don't have a craft room, just two areas carved out of other rooms. My two cents worth:
keep in a bit flexible as far as work surface and storage as your needs and stuff may change over time

consider how your shelves and counters would work in other configurations in a different house if you move

have a few or several tiny boxes or trays at arm's reach for tape, scissors, pens, and the stuff you reach for several times a day.

This project sounds like fun and I am envious. I am planning to regrouop and reorganize my stuff so one area is just storage and one area is set up to work without losing track of stuff every minute!
Mary Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #42
Cardstock Collector

I also have my punches on the wall using a curtain rod (not a utensil rod). Very nice for quickly grabbing things nearby. My office is our computer room, and we haven't done much permenant shelving yet. But, what I do have is a cubed unit that has 16 cubes (4 across by 4 down). I have stamping magazines and old cattys in some of the cubes, some have albums in it, some have boxes of photos waiting to be scrapped or for storage, and the rest have those 12x12 fabric cube boxes. They store my stamps, mostly I do one layer standing up so I can see the names on the clamshell. I sort the boxes by kids, flowers, words/sayings, backgrounds, christmas, alphabets, wheels, and retired sets. I know exactly which box to pull out to find the sets I need. I also have an "L" shaped desk that is in the corner of the wall on which is my work station and on it sits my computer, printer, cricut, ink pad turntable, ribbon holder, and 2 file boxes for my 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Beside it I have my 12 x 12 papers stacked in a 3 cube high wire shelving unit. Everything is in reach and I don't really feel cramped. If I need more space for larger projects, I open a folding table on the other side to make my working area a "U" shape. I would love a professionaly designed area, but for me, this is working.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #43
Inking Addict

I sent you a pm concerning the Traktor chair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs_hawkinsView Post
I love my IKEA Bygel rails. Having the punches on the wall means I reach for them more often.

I love my IKEA Traktor chair. It's backless, conforms to your rear, and is on casters. It's so easy to move around in.

I hate facing the wall. I have a U shaped work space. Two of those surfaces are on the wall. I am not.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow...so many good ideas...you are going to have to share pictures when you are done!
Blessings.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher

I have a tiny little closet of a craft room now, but plan on moving into a very large space soon, so I'm subscribing to this thread!