Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #241
Splitcoast Challenge Host

If you do a pink base, then it also changes the front of the card. 

When I say "base" I mean the folded paper that forms the card. That is the base we build from. A layer is the next piece of paper that goes on top of the base. 

In this example the 2nd layer is pink and cut with a die into the decorative frame. It shows up nicely when it is layered on a contrasting color like the white base. 

The 3rd layer is the smaller white paper that is cut by the die into a scalloped frame. I stamped the verse in black on this white layer. 

The 4th layers are the butterflies. Pink butterflies look good against the white.

Linda, please keep in mind, we can always make another card to use some of the ideas you are getting. We don't have to put every idea into one card. Maybe for the next card we could do a monotone and layer pink on pink for a different look. For now, I think you have quite a lot going on for one card and adding more is going to be too cluttered. We are running out of space for one card. You have enough ideas for 10 cards. We can make those later this week, if you like.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #242

Look at it side by side: I think it is enough.
Attached Thumbnails
hotwheels-9.jpg   hotwheels-11.jpg  

Last edited by Dr Sonja; 10-06-2020 at 05:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
kazeka likes this post.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #243
Stazon Splitcoast

okay keep everything the away is but one thing! I wanted the butterflies inside card a double layer pink and white Because wanted to match the front card. And please email me the list of supplies use on the card. So I can load up the card later. I might wait and use for challenge card? If, That's Okay with you? Do you  need my address? Can I ask you not add to your gallery? So I can add to mine. Thanks for your help in make lovely card. Are you Really a DR. I am wondering that so I am just asking you? After add the butterflies layers the card is done! Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr SonjaView Post
Old 10-06-2020, 07:31 PM   #244

Hello, Linda,
I will not add this to my gallery - it is your creation. I will put it in the mail tomorrow. 

Yes, I am really a doctor. I received my degree as a doctor of psychology and I have a license in California. I help people with every kind of mental health concern as well as health psychology that helps when physical illness interferes with emotional functioning. I love my work because I get to help people feel better.

I am retired now, so let me know when you want to start your next card.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:51 PM   #245
Stazon Splitcoast

When you like? I would to  Autumn/ Theme card what supplies do you have for that type card? Let me know. Thanks Linda

Quote:

Hello, Linda,
I will not add this to my gallery - it is your creation. I will put it in the mail tomorrow. 

Yes, I am really a doctor. I received my degree as a doctor of psychology and I have a license in California. I help people with every kind of mental health concern as well as health psychology that helps when physical illness interferes with emotional functioning. I love my work because I get to help people feel better.

I am retired now, so let me know when you want to start your next card.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #246

My dear, I have all kinds of supplies for any kind of card you can imagine. So, much better to start with what you have in mind. Do you have a layout or colors or themes in mind? Could be leaves, pumpkins, animals, halloween, what are you interested in?
Old 10-06-2020, 08:17 PM   #247
Stazon Splitcoast

will talk about tomorrow okay?[

QUOTE=Dr Sonja;22005183]My dear, I have all kinds of supplies for any kind of card you can imagine. So, much better to start with what you have in mind. Do you have a layout or colors or themes in mind? Could be leaves, pumpkins, animals, halloween, what are you interested in?[/QUOTE]

Old 10-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #248

Sounds good. You can think of what you want. I probably don't get up until after lunch, so don't worry. I will check in afternoon for your ideas.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #249
Pearl-ExPert

Love the card you created together!  So gorgeous, and such a beautiful verse!
Dr Sonja likes this post.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #250
Stazon Splitcoast

How about Autumn Tree with pumpkins and squirrels With blue sky! And window card? white penal. And use Autumn paper or Autumn colors! Or watercolor with Autumn colors... Depending on what you have to work with And maybe embossing the saying? No sure what saying yet? What do think of this? I am sure what else. Thanks

Quote:

Sounds good. You can think of what you want. I probably don't get up until after lunch, so don't worry. I will check in afternoon for your ideas.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #251

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
How about Autumn Tree with pumpkins and squirrels With blue sky! And window card? white penal. And use Autumn paper or Autumn colors! Or watercolor with Autumn colors... Depending on what you have to work with And maybe embossing the saying? No sure what saying yet? What do think of this? I am sure what else. Thanks

Embossing the saying - no problem. I usually emboss all my sayings and have lots of choices: black, gold, silver, bronze, copper. Bronze or copper would look good with autumn colors.

Window card- tell me more what this means?

White panel- could use the white panel to sponge the blue sky, stamp the trees and pumpkins. I will look to see if I have squirrel stamp, if not I can fussy cut a squirrel and pop him up on the front by the pumpkins.

Autumn colors- rusty orange, mossy green, browns, reds, dark yellows

I will check for sayings about autumn and post a pic. Give me an hour or so to go through my stuff.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #252

I have this paper pack--do you like these papers?

Old 10-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #253

Here are the animals I have and some fall design paper
Attached Thumbnails
hw-1.jpg   hw-2.jpg   hw-3.jpg   hw-4.jpg  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

QUOTE=Dr Sonja;22005582]

Embossing the saying - no problem. I usually emboss all my sayings and have lots of choices: black, gold, silver, bronze, copper. Bronze or copper would look good with autumn colors.

Window card- tell me more what this means?
This is kind some Ideal what mean when I say window cards? But Autumn theme I like the last link

White panel- could use the white panel to sponge the blue sky, stamp the trees and pumpkins. I will look to see if I have squirrel stamp, if not I can fussy cut a squirrel and pop him up on the front by the pumpkins. Yes i like that ideal! What tree do you have?The links should you the ideal what I mean by window card. I like the last link. Thanks Linda

Autumn colors- rusty orange, mossy green, browns, reds, dark yellows

I will check for sayings about autumn and post a pic. Give me an hour or so to go through my stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by hotwheels; 10-07-2020 at 09:19 PM..
Old 10-08-2020, 03:20 AM   #255

Thank you for the samples of the window. The last one (that you liked best) is a window from inside the house, looking to outside the house. When you OPEN the card, then it would be like you are standing outside, correct?

I have a window die we can use. 

What kind of tree do you want?

The scene you want to make outside is a tree, pumpkins and an animal-pick the animal you like from post #253.

If you like some of the paper in #253, we can use that for the "wallpaper" of the room on the front of the card. 
Attached Thumbnails
hw-6.jpg  
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #256
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

What a great collaboration and card that Dr Sonja and Linda created together! Loved seeing the process and end result! You go girls!!
hoptownracer1 and Dr Sonja like this post.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you for the samples of the window. The last one (that you liked best) is a window from inside the house, looking to outside the house. When you OPEN the card, then it would be like you are standing outside, correct? I not sure but, Okay if you say so!

I have a window die we can use. I like  window die but maybe different color I not sure if  window color don't like Or pattern paper or both?

What kind of tree do you want? Fall looking tree

The scene you want to make outside is a tree, pumpkins and an animal-pick the animal you like from post #253. I am not sure I have a scene in my heard  I will trying find a better pic. But this going to take time.

If you like some of the paper in #253, we can use that for the "wallpaper" of the room on the front of the card.  not sure we need too? onec I find the better pic you will see! But I wanted the clouds!

Old 10-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

mrsclark2001 Do you wanted too help make a card too? More the merrier? just let me know? Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post

What a great collaboration and card that Dr Sonja and Linda created together! Loved seeing the process and end result! You go girls!!
Old 10-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #259
Stazon Splitcoast

maybe the like this and sky and  squirrel cut him out and pop him up on the front? Or put in tree and find pumpkins clusters to at the bottom tree or wheelbarrow? follow now. I can't find the right picture. But maybe you have some kind ideal now?
Old 10-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #260
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a tree I like: If a print you resize print out  I the grass and everything about ithttps://www.seekpng.com/ipng/u2q8y3r5i1o0y3a9_fall-tree-autumn-clipart/
Old 10-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #261
Stazon Splitcoast

I just wanted to say thank you for all who have helped me in collaboration making cards. This thread means alot too me even tho I have give any cards. I know I have them too give away. If, I wanted too. I cry myself to sleep long story. I wanted go in to detail. And I know why, And it wasn't good! But, this thread help me in some many ways. And there are few special ladies to my heart! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!! Anyone Wanted to join the fun is welcome
Old 10-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to let people know I have busy weekend a head
Old 10-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #263

Hi, Linda- are you still awake?
Old 10-08-2020, 08:18 PM   #264

We have different time zones. What time do you usually go to bed? I am always a "night owl" and stay up late at night, sometimes even until next morning. Crazy, right?

For the card. You mentioned that you don't have a specific scene in your head yet. Let me help your imagination a bit. Where you are sitting now-is there a window in the room? If you look out the window, what do you see? (I know, it's dark now LOL) When you look OUT the window you see some of the outside, but not all of it. If you go outside the house then you can see ALL the picture outside. 

Now that you are outside, look IN the window to the room. Now you see part of the room, but not all of it. What you see in the house is different scene than outside the house.

When you make a card with a window on it, you have to make 3 scenes to have a beautiful card. A window card is more complicated than a card with a fancy front and a fancy inside.

First you have to decide- 

1. When the person takes the card out of the envelope and looks at the card- what side of the window is the person on? Are they on the inside of the house and looking out? Or are they outside the house and looking in? 

2. When you have decided the PERSPECTIVE of the card, then you build 3 scenes. The first 2 scenes are on the cover of the card.
a.   The 1st scene is what the room looks like from the inside, like when you are in the house and look around the room. What do you see? Wallpaper or paint color, maybe curtains, the window frame, a picture on the wall?
b.   The 2nd scene is how much of the outside can be viewed through the window. Remember, when you are inside you cannot see all of the outside, only a small part through the window. So what PARTS do you want to see peeking through the window? Tree branch, sky, leaves?
c.   The 3rd scene is for the inside of the card. The 3rd scene is what it looks like if you go out of the house and stand outside to see everything. Now you can see the all the sky and clouds, the whole tree. Now you can see the grass, now you can see the pumpkins on the ground and the wheelbarrow.

3. You have to decide where to put the animal. 
a.   Will the animal be on the front of the card? That means the animal is IN the house and looking out the window.
b.  Will the animal be on the inside of the card? That means he is OUTSIDE, standing on the grass, next to the tree with the wheelbarrow.
c.  If the animal is OUTSIDE, then when you make the scene for the window looking to the outside, do you want the person holding the card to see the animal through the window? or do you want the animal to be a surprise that they only see when they open the card and go outside?

I hope this helps you with your thinking about this card. I know it is a lot, but it will be a very fine card when we are done building it together. Take your time to decide about the scenes you want to make. Practice looking outside a window to see how it changes what you see.

Hugs to you.

Last edited by Dr Sonja; 10-08-2020 at 08:30 PM..
Old 10-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

yes I post link tree back#260 I have ideal just hard explain you. I might have mistype go back read some posted I am in CST zone. I am go bed now. I am a night too! busy weekend head!
Old 10-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #266

For the design elements you mentioned earlier:

We can make the window frame any color you want. Just tell me the color you want for your scene.

We can make the wallpaper any style you want. Just pick a pattern or color.

We can keep the sky and clouds that you like and put a tree on top of it. 

I can print the tree you liked and glue it on.

We can put the animal, with his pumpkin, wherever you want.

We can put wheelbarrow where you want outside, by the tree, with pumpkins. As part of the scene--decide if you want part of the wheelbarrow to show through the window or if it is a surprise when opening the card.

Keep in mind the opening of the window is small- total size is about 2" tall and 1 1/2" wide. So, only a few details will be seen in the window, but a big surprise when opening the card. 

Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #267

Quote:

yes I post link tree back#260 I have ideal just hard explain you. I might have mistype go back read some posted I am in CST zone. I am go bed now. I am a night too! busy weekend head!

OK, I saw the tree but there is SO MUCH MORE to decide for the 3 scenes. Please read #264 carefully.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #268
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, start with tree and grass and pint it. and got the size you need. With pumpkins in orange and help find cute squirrel color or print in brown. And will put him in tree or in front of wheelbarrow. Or even in the wheelbarrow. I wanted something in the wheelbarrow? Not sure what yet? And I am paint the scene yet for you? And peice of the sky.... The frame in what color need to be add to go with card.

Quote:

For the design elements you mentioned earlier:

We can make the window frame any color you want. Just tell me the color you want for your scene.

We can make the wallpaper any style you want. Just pick a pattern or color.

We can keep the sky and clouds that you like and put a tree on top of it. 

I can print the tree you liked and glue it on.

We can put the animal, with his pumpkin, wherever you want.

We can put wheelbarrow where you want outside, by the tree, with pumpkins. As part of the scene--decide if you want part of the wheelbarrow to show through the window or if it is a surprise when opening the card.

Keep in mind the opening of the window is small- total size is about 2" tall and 1 1/2" wide. So, only a few details will be seen in the window, but a big surprise when opening the card. 

Old 10-09-2020, 06:18 PM   #269

On post #253, the second thumbnail, there are lots of animals. The squirrel is on the bottom row, far right. Did you like him? He can go in the tree or in the wheelbarrow.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #270

On post #255 thumbnail, there is an animal holding a pumpkin. Do you want to include him somewhere on the card?
Old 10-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

On post #253, the second thumbnail, there are lots of animals. The squirrel is on the bottom row, far right. Did you like him? He can go in the tree or in the wheelbarrow.

yes the squirrel okay
Old 10-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Can we set it side just incase? (not sure yet? What think add a fenches? yes or no?

Quote:

On post #255 thumbnail, there is an animal holding a pumpkin. Do you want to include him somewhere on the card?
Old 10-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #273

I don't have any wheelbarrow stamps. What about these clip art-do you like any of them? We can put pumpkins in any one.
Attached Thumbnails
hw-8-green-wheelbarrow.jpg   hw-9-old-fashion-wb.jpg   hw-10-wb-flowers.jpg   hw-11-pumpkin-wb.jpg  
Old 10-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

I love 3 and 4 But I am not sure three goes with theme.... I love fall flowers... so just to know or cornaqupics. 
Old 10-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #275

I can make fence and grass
Attached Thumbnails
hw-12-grass.jpg  
Old 10-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #276

Quote:

I love 3 and 4 But I am not sure three goes with theme.... I love fall flowers... so just to know or cornaqupics. 

We can cut the flowers off and put pumpkins in if you like that style wheelbarrow better. Up to you. No problem to change it.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:38 PM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

grass 2 or 3 I like..... Put it together and see what looks best!
Old 10-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #278

When I make grass on my cards I put both tall and short grass together, makes it look more realistic.

Do you want the fence? Any special color for the fence? If it was me, I would cut the fence out of paper that has wood grain or use embossing folder to make wood grain on the paper. Paper can be any color you want for fence. Like fence can be painted any color or can be natural wood colors.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I do but worried be to busy Here another ideal what about wood county wheelbarrow cornqupics or pumpkins. Just a thought? 

Quote:

We can cut the flowers off and put pumpkins in if you like that style wheelbarrow better. Up to you. No problem to change it.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #280

Now that I am thinking about it. If you have decided what color to make the window frame-maybe making fence the same color would tie the front and inside scenes together more. Like a house that has a nice coordinated yard looks when fence and windows are similar.

Up to you, though- it's your vision.