Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #81
Die Cut Diva

I sent you a PM, as it wasn't letting me post at all a while ago, but it seems to be working right now.  The above is a link to my  blog which has a post with supplies I am using.  Please be sure to PM me your address, so that I can mail you one of the cards when I finish.  I will try to post the pics again, but don't know if I'll have any luck.  You can PM your choices or post them or email them, which ever you prefer.  I have to clean for a bit but I will check in later!  Hope we can make a card together!  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2020, 05:33 PM   #82
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Linda, first, I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. My prayers are with you.

I think with everyone else who has joined in on your post, and just the way that people on SCS are so generous and caring that we can all help you in some way.  I know for me personally, the creative part of card creating helps me deal with my own challenges  and brings me joy.  I know we can help you .  

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Keep close to nature's heart ...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
God never made an ugly landscape. John Muir

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #83
Die Cut Diva

Linda, I just read about the loss of your friend.  I am sorry to hear this! 
Just give me a response when you feel up to it.  
Sounds like from the responses, you are going to have some crafting collaborators here!  
Old 09-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks 
I have questions how are you wanted to help? Are you wanted do something like Teresa  did in posted #75? Or what did you have in mind? So I can help you? Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgpunkyView Post
Hey Linda, first, I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. My prayers are with you.

I think with everyone else who has joined in on your post, and just the way that people on SCS are so generous and caring that we can all help you in some way.  I know for me personally, the creative part of card creating helps me deal with my own challenges  and brings me joy.  I know we can help you .  

Old 09-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

I pm email you.... Are brown items stamp? They are tell what are images if, so. Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Sounds like from the responses, you are going to have some crafting collaborators here!  
Old 09-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Is this to help you with your Christmas card? please explain I am confused.
Thanks Linda

Quote:

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-13-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #87
Die Cut Diva

Yes, I thought I would let you pick out the items you wanted on the card and help with the design.  But only if you wanted to. Then you could put it in your gallery, since you designed it. I understand why you wouldn't want to right now.  But you can give me a holler if you decide to do it later.  The brown things are oval and square inserts that go into the large plates.  They emboss the paper just like the plates do.  I have a card I made that I can share to show you how they turn out. 

Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #88
Die Cut Diva

After looking at the card, I think the plaid ribbons would be much too big for the card fronts.  I used the green ribbon on this card.

kazeka likes this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #89
Stazon Splitcoast

I find some images in your SCS Gallery. They not Christmas how would you like me to send the links too you? There like 5 or 6 links. Thanks,Linda

Quote:

After looking at the card, I think the plaid ribbons would be much too big for the card fronts.  I used the green ribbon on this card.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Attention Everyone: 
If you would like to help me. There instruction on the first page please read, and let me know. If you have any questions? We might do a sign up sheet? If I get enough help. Right there only been one person try this. Thanks Linda
Old 09-14-2020, 09:49 PM   #91
Crimping Master

Quote:

I took a look at your card too Chris and it's so elegant and beautiful. The inked embossing gives it an old world flavor that is wonderful. Glad you finally used those embossing folders because they're gorgeous, and will make the perfect Christmas cards. I hadn't ever seen anything like these by Anna Griffin.
Karen
Old 09-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #92
Cardstock Collector

Default Linda's sign-up page

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Attention Everyone: 
If you would like to help me. There instruction on the first page please read, and let me know. If you have any questions? We might do a sign up sheet? If I get enough help. Right there only been one person try this. Thanks Linda
I couldn't open this page; said I was not allowed.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #93
Die Cut Diva

Hi Linda, All you have to do is go to this link
and pick out which of the items you want me to use on the card, and just let me know which you chose.  And that's it.  Sorry I made it confusing with all the links.  
Thank you Karen for the compliment on my card.  I bought those Anna Griffin embossing plates at a store that I think was called Bargain Hunt years ago, and they had a bunch of Anna Griffin stuff.  I couldn't afford to get it all, but I got those plates and some embossing folders and a few little dies.  I haven't seen anything like that in that store or any other store in years.  They must have bought out some company's leftover stock.  Thank you for your kind words!  
kazeka likes this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #94
Stazon Splitcoast

There is no sign up sheet and no link to open yet! Just posted here what you having in mine in away of help me. Thanks Linda
Old 09-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

The links I like are in gallery not on your blog. Where do
you wanted me to send you the links? Is the Bargain Hunt store still in
business? Are they and online now? What type embossing maniche do you use?
I never seen Anna Griffin embossing folders like this! Do you where I can
better pictures. I can't make out the plates really!<o></o>

Thanks Linda<o></o>

Quote:

and pick out which of the items you want me to use on the card, and just let me know which you chose.  And that's it.  Sorry I made it confusing with all the links.  
Thank you Karen for the compliment on my card.  I bought those Anna Griffin embossing plates at a store that I think was called Bargain Hunt years ago, and they had a bunch of Anna Griffin stuff.  I couldn't afford to get it all, but I got those plates and some embossing folders and a few little dies.  I haven't seen anything like that in that store or any other store in years.  They must have bought out some company's leftover stock.  Thank you for your kind words!  
Old 09-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #96
Die Cut Diva

Okay, I uploaded the pics of the supplies to my gallery.  Maybe you'll be able to view them better there.  That's the best I could do.
Bargain Hunt is still open, but I havent seen anything there like that in years.  In fact, I quit going, because they never had anything.  I don't think they have an online store.
I use a Spellbinder's Platinum, but I have to use my Cuttlebug for the embossing folders.  I can't seem to get the right sandwich on my Spellbinders for them, and it's just easier in the Cuttlebug.  
I also uploaded a card I made with the supplies I have to my Gallery, so you could get an idea of what they look like, and maybe they'll be easier to see in there.

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 09-15-2020 at 09:12 PM..
Old 09-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #97
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Gallery mod hat on here, I'm adding your images as attachments in this post. I know that the option for adding images in a post is currently not working which is no help, but the gallery is specifically for finished projects (except for the mission organisation and stamping spaces ), and photos of supplies even for a good cause, is more like people trying to share their photos for BST in the gallery. Thanks for understanding.
If Linda clicks on them and opens each one in a new tab, she should be able to see them clearly.

Quote:

Okay, I uploaded the pics of the supplies to my gallery. Maybe you'll be able to view them better there. That's the best I could do.
Bargain Hunt is still open, but I havent seen anything there like that in years. In fact, I quit going, because they never had anything. I don't think they have an online store.
I use a Spellbinder's Platinum, but I have to use my Cuttlebug for the embossing folders. I can't seem to get the right sandwich on my Spellbinders for them, and it's just easier in the Cuttlebug.
I also uploaded a card I made with the supplies I have to my Gallery, so you could get an idea of what they look like, and maybe they'll be easier to see in there.
Attached Thumbnails
img_3388_by_hoptownracer1.jpg   img_3386_by_hoptownracer1.jpg   img_3385_by_hoptownracer1.jpg  
Old 09-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #98
Die Cut Diva

Thank you so much Sabrina!  I wasn't sure when I posted them to the Gallery if that was okay or not, so thank you for removing them and adding them as links to this thread!  Appreciate it so much!  Thanks again!  
Old 09-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going Pm Email in a bite! Thanks Linda
Quote:

Thank you so much Sabrina!  I wasn't sure when I posted them to the Gallery if that was okay or not, so thank you for removing them and adding them as links to this thread!  Appreciate it so much!  Thanks again!  
Old 09-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #100
Crimping Master

Quote:

I have some Anna Griffin stamp sets, but none of her embossing folders. The thing I like about the set you used is that you only have to use two items and you have a whole card. Great for assembly line holiday card making. The foil looks really nice too.
Karen
Old 09-16-2020, 09:53 PM   #101
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Karen!  You are so sweet!
Hi Linda, I am working on our card.  I used the sentiment stamp and the embossing powder you mentioned.  I don't have another star like the one you mentioned, but I am adding a poinsettia die cut.  My fingers have been covered in white Nuvo and glitter.  Just waiting for some of it to dry.

Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #102
Die Cut Diva

Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #103
Die Cut Diva

Here is a link to my blog that gives more detail.  I hope you like it Linda!  Be sure to PM me your address, so I can mail it to you!  
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #104
Pearl-ExPert

Linda, this is so exciting for you!  I am so glad a plan has been put in action that is a help to you. I totally love both cards I have seen that you collaborated on.

Featured Stamper #671
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Karen 

Will listed your Anna Griffin stamp sets, names? I would like to look them up! Are they in gallery? And I have seen any of her stamp sets either. 

Thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post

I have some Anna Griffin stamp sets, but none of her embossing folders. The thing I like about the set you used is that you only have to use two items and you have a whole card. Great for assembly line holiday card making. The foil looks really nice too.
Karen
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

very nice I will pm email  mail address Later. Can save the picture and add to my gallery later. Might used it for challenge later? That why I am ask you hoptownracer1

Quote:

muscrat likes this post.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, I am excite too.... about this! Do you wanted to help too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Linda, this is so exciting for you!  I am so glad a plan has been put in action that is a help to you. I totally love both cards I have seen that you collaborated on.
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay Everyone!

I need your input...... On How do you think I should do the sign sheet and the rules and such? I wanted here your thoughts on this: I wanted find things work best for all of us!

Last edited by hotwheels; Yesterday at 01:26 PM..
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #109
Die Cut Diva

Yes, you can use it.  I consider this to be your card.  You're right I did forget to list the Anna Griffin plate.  It is called Anna Griffin Poinsettia Damask (Cuttlebug) embossing plate.  The sentiment is from the stamp set B1381 Close to My Heart "Holiday Cheer".
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks.....

Quote:

Yes, you can use it.  I consider this to be your card.  You're right I did forget to list the Anna Griffin plate.  It is called Anna Griffin Poinsettia Damask (Cuttlebug) embossing plate.  The sentiment is from the stamp set B1381 Close to My Heart "Holiday Cheer".
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

any ideals for questions on posted #108?
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Linda, So sorry that your Mom passed away, but we know she is in a much better place now.

Today I contacted a Stampin Up demonstrator who also lives in Burleson. She will try to contact you and try to help you with stamping.
John 3:16
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello GarnetJ
Thank for kind word about my mom. 
Do you happen to know the lady name or anything about her? My dad is very hard for me to let people come over. And remember we don't have that good of relationship either. I am so glad you wrote here any questions for me? Thanks Linda 

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Hello Linda, So sorry that your Mom passed away, but we know she is in a much better place now.

Today I contacted a Stampin Up demonstrator who also lives in Burleson. She will try to contact you and try to help you with stamping.