Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to use Gallery

Is there a faster way to use Gallery than having to scroll through each until I get to the stamp set or is there a place to just type in the name of the stamp set? I have about thirty stamp sets to look up in the Stampin UP gallery and it is so slow the way that I am scrolling every time. What I am trying to get to by using the name is what catalog this was in.  If I do a search, I get wonderful cards, but not the info on the stamp set like when it retired or when it first came out in the specific catalog.

Last edited by fairylander; 08-24-2020 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: to add more meaningful information
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 856 Likes on 512 Posts

I usually pull up the gallery, click on the search option on the left, and type in what I am looking for.  I hope that works for you. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you, hoptownracer1, I changed my post to be more exact.  I need to get to the information about the stamp set rather than see the beautiful cards using it.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

The gallery index (where we have one, we don't for every set) is normally sticky so it shows as the first card in the gallery. Many of the descriptions will tell you which catalogue it debuted in, but not all of them, and I don't think any will tell you when it retired. I think referring to catalogues might be more helpful for your purpose?

If you look at this, the very first upload is the index for the set. And it gives some information, but that's not always there if index cards are created some time after the set first appeared: Member Gallery - Page 1 - Splitcoaststampers.com. It also depends partly how much information the volunteer who stamps the index includes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks, Sabrina.  I feel like I am still missing something simple.  When I go to SU gallery and I type in "Happy Birthday Frame", I cannot see the index in the first card of the set.  I am trying to find the catalog so that I can look up the price of the stamp for my inventory spreadsheet.  I thought I was being careful over the years, but I now find a lot of stamps that are not in my database that I now need to enter.  Being a stamper for 14 years is very hard to find the stamp sets without some help and this is a great help if I can just figure out how to get to what I need quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

The way that I do what you are talking about is this:
...Go to the first page of the gallery.
...In the second row there is a link for Stampin Up galleries...click on that.
...The third major section is Stampin Up Galleries (alphabetical by set name). In that section you can choose which alphabetical group you need. You might want to have your stamp set list alphabetical before you do this part.
...To use your example of "Happy Birthday Frame" you would then click on the "G-J" section. That has all stamp sets from 2004 to present, plus many before that date. Catalog date for when the set was released is on that index page, and in some cases it lists when it retired. For your "Happy Birthday Frame" it says that it retired in 2005. There is no "new" date because that was before SCS came into existence.

When I want to find the first appearance of a set that is in a catalog older than 2004-2005, I use this webpage and check each catalog index to find the first appearance.
- Stampin-Style
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

By the way, Happy Birthday Frame came out in the Summer Mini in 2001
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh Diane, thank you so much.  So I have it mostly figured out the fastest way now and thank goodness for your help as I just found another stack of about 12 more.  I hope I never do this to my self again!  When I go into each catalog I do a "find on page" and type in the name of the stamp set/framelit and it goes to it in the catalog so I don't have to scroll through each catalog.  The special offers require more detective work, but so far I've found somewhere where someone posted the price.  I feel like a real sleuth.  I praise Michael Funke and you.  Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2020, 06:08 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you send me your email address and the sets you are looking for, I may be able to help you on the older ones. I have SU catalogs dating back to 1996 and have my stamp sets on a database, too. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Fairylander,
There is an SU demo, Mike Funke, that has most of the SU catalogs scanned. If you go to his web page, I think you can find them.  I downloaded them a few years ago and keep them in a folder on my desktop for easy access.  I don't know how to post links, but I'm pretty sure they are still on his site.  It has been a priceless resource for me.  Be sure to tell him thanks! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
Fairylander,
There is an SU demo, Mike Funke, that has most of the SU catalogs scanned. If you go to his web page, I think you can find them.  I downloaded them a few years ago and keep them in a folder on my desktop for easy access.  I don't know how to post links, but I'm pretty sure they are still on his site.  It has been a priceless resource for me.  Be sure to tell him thanks! 

Fiona1 posted the link above.

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes