Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much inventory do I need for a craft sale?

Hello. I am participating in a craft sale sponsored by my husband's company. I don't want to make too many of each thing, but how do you know you have enough? I am planning to sell lunch tins, cards, magnets, covered notebooks, target tins for little girls, matching pens and post it note holders. I don't want to end up with too much left over. It is a sale only for employees and their families but it could have hundreds of people attend. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by twyant
Hello. I am participating in a craft sale sponsored by my husband's company. I don't want to make too many of each thing, but how do you know you have enough? I am planning to sell lunch tins, cards, magnets, covered notebooks, target tins for little girls, matching pens and post it note holders. I don't want to end up with too much left over. It is a sale only for employees and their families but it could have hundreds of people attend. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I would suggest 4 or 5 of each type of items that you are planning on selling.
And more if you want.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I would have to agree, I have done a couple of crafts and 4 to 5 of one item is good. Also, if you want you can always take special orders. My sister-in-law have done that, and we have required 50 % down and the rest due upon completion. It was worked out well. We have done thank you cards, baby shower invites, and baby shower table favors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

The rule of thumb I use, and I've been doing craft sales for over 9 years, is to decide how much money you want to make. If you want to have $500 in sales at the end of the day, you need at least double that in inventory, so $1000. If the sale cost you $25 to enter, a good sale would have you selling at least 10 times that amount, $250. This doesn't include your time, supplies, advertising, etc. Which when you take that into effect, you might make $5! LOL.

Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Thank you so much. I have 4-5 of each item made now. I never thought of taking orders. Thanks for the view of figuring out how much I want to make too. That really helps!
Reply With Quote Likes