Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
Inking Addict

Default How much do you charge for your cards A a craft sale

Hello!

A fellow demo & I have been asked to do a craft sale in the neighbouring town next weekend. Neither of us have ever done one yet, so it will be a real learning experience. We thought we would do a lot of xmas cards & decorations (glitter globes, dominos, etc) & see how it goes.

The problem is that we are stumped for a price on our cards expecially. I was thinking about doing packs of 6 cards with matching envelopes for $6 or $8 a pack. These are traditional SU card styles, with layering & embelishments.

So my question is "How much do you charge for your cards?"

Kim Schott
Simcoe, ON, CANADA
SU demo (1000531) & mom of Clara & Haley
Stampin' till 2am!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Cardstock Collector

Hi!
I did a craft fair last Fall and charged $1.75 or 3/$5
Old 10-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #3

I charge $2.00 for individual cards or in a pack of 6 for $10.00. It seems to work well for me that way.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Kim!
Just to give you my two cents, that price is too cheap! I know what your cards are like and they are certainly worth more than $1 each! A hand made item should certainly be worth more than a cheapity dollar store card. I know the ones we are doing for the church will be priced at $2 each or a price break for multiples. I don't think that you should undervalue your work.
Ronda
Old 10-26-2004, 06:18 PM   #5
Stampin' Fool

Default craft fair

I have a question, so we can sell our cards at a craft fair but no where else?
Or can we?
I have people interested in buying my cards but was unsure how the angel policy stated.
I know they have to have the stamp on the back but is that all?
I agree with you all that 2.00 at the least for your cards.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:21 PM   #6
Kookie Creator

I did a fall fundraiser at my son's preschool last year and sold cards for $1.50 each or 4/$5. My demo (lovingly) gave me a hard time that that was way too cheap. 6 cards for $6 is definitely not enough to charge. From the other threads I've read it seems like a lot of people do packs of 6 for $10,so I would suggest $8 or $10,but not $6!!

I'm doing the same fundraiser tomorrow through Fri and have raised my price to $2 per cards or 3/$5,so I'll see how that goes. I think I have trouble charging that much because I know so many of the people that come and a lot of my friends will be there and I feel uncomfortable making $ off my friends. I will give 10% to the preschool (there is no charge for the table).

Kirsten
Old 10-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
Stampin' Fool

I'm charging at least $3 each... I figure, that these are hand-made cards with lots of different embellishments. $2 just isn't enough to cover supplies and my time. Besides, you can pay a minimum of $3 for cards at Hallmark and they are not as nice as hand-made cards.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:44 PM   #8
Kookie Creator

Default Cards

People is WI must be very--- thrifty. I tried selling cards for $1 once and not too many went. They were quality cards too! Now I donate cards for door prizes and such.

Robin

Please follow my blog.... I am typing into cyberspace! www.centsablesaving.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
Insane Embellisher

sixbares asked about the Angel Policy. You can read the complete policy on the SU web site:
http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/angelpolicy.asp

Basically, you can sell them at a temporary location (ie. holiday craft show) but not a fixed location or web site. I sell to friends and family (actually I give my mom a box of cards and she sells them for me!)

I never sell any card for less than $2 (unless it is a set and then I do include "a break") My cards sell well for $2-$4. In the fall and again in the spring, I make up a box of very simple cards and have a "sale". All the cards are $2 and if they buy 5 they get 1 free. I make about 6 of each design. I'll attach one of the designs from my fall sale.

Anita
Attached Thumbnails
all_natural_fall_birthday.jpg  
Old 10-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #10
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

People is WI must be very--- thrifty. I tried selling cards for $1 once and not too many went. They were quality cards too!
I agree, I tried to sell some of my cards once and hardly any of them sold at $1 each (nothing special no layers or embelishments) I took them to our church garage sale put $2 each on them and they all sold!! Go figure!!
SCS member #735
Old 10-27-2004, 11:28 AM   #11
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Behind a desk working to support my STAMPIN' habit!

My demo and I are doing craft fairs and ours are doing good at 4/$7.00. They have embellishments, some are 4 of the same, some are 4 different (i.e. - masculine set with tractors has 2 any occasion, 1 birthday, 1 father's day. Birthday may all be same design, different colors) You get the idea. Our next craft fair is Nov. 20th, and we'll have coasters, magnets and comp books this time along with the cards.

Don't forget to make your booth look pleasing (inexpensively of course!) And to have a beautifully creative sign advertising what you're selling! This is a must for attracting people!

Just my 2 cents for the day....... back to work for me!! (yeah right, I'll still be checking out the forums!)

Have a good day all!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:12 PM   #12
kim
Crimping Master

Oh Robin,

People here in Sheboygan are THRIFTY! It's crazy!

Are you a demo?

Kim in Sheboygan
Old 10-28-2004, 05:45 AM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Well if people in WI and Sheboygan are "thrifty" I will say try New England - they don't call us "Yankees" for nothing -

I had beautiful embossed cards priced at 1.50 a card and didn't sell one.

My friend had same, and boxed them up for 3/5 or 6/10 and didn't sell many -- she had the comments about the things that WERE selling at her craft fair, which I will share, LOL.

She said that the couldn't believe what WAS selling, and she thought if she went out and bought a bottle of Cheez Whiz and poured that on, then maybe they would sell, LOL.

Basicaly I think we both have really good taste in crafts, but she said the stupidest cheeziest, tacko crafts there were selling like hotcakes!

That said, set up a nice table and go with a smile, but do not take it personally if you don't sell any, as it happens!
Old 10-28-2004, 05:55 AM   #14
Compulsive Stamper

I just did 2 craft fairs and I sold packs of 8 for $15 and no one batted an eye at that. I sold packs of 8 Color-me-Kids cards for $8 because no one wants to spend that much on kid stuff and it is so easy to make those cards. Don't undersell yourself!