Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: how many hours/wk would you LIKE to stamp?
less than 4 hours/wk 4 8.16%
5-8 hours/wk 20 40.82%
9-15 hours/wk 13 26.53%
16-20 hours/wk 4 8.16%
more than 20 hours/wk!!! 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #41
Gallery Gazer

I am almost done with a major supply and work area reorganizing mission. Whew! My plan is to have a productive 2 hours per school day. Weekends are out completely. That is in addition to the two crops I go to each month. There's only one way to get those albums done and that is to sit down and work on them. Duh, huh.
Mary Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #42
Hardware Hotshot

10 -12 hours a week would satisfy me - (I think!) - if it was for my own pleasure.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #43
Kookie Creator

I wish I could spend 1-2 hours a day stamping but I don't have time during the week with work. Usually my stamping time comes in 3-4 hour chunks late at night on the weekends and not consistently. I've been on the road all week for work and am heading out for the weekend so it doesn't look like I'll get any stamping done this weekend unless I get some time tonight (fingers crossed).
Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #44
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper KissyView Post
I have more than enough time to stamp and play, I am a homemaker with no children yet. I only work outside the house an hour a day, which I started doing just to have spending money for stamps. My problem is that I spend too much time here on the internet lol, drooling over everyone elses projects and planning my purchases accordingly.
Erin
I know the feeling very well! I'm obsessed with this board and looking at stamping blogs. I get all kinds of ideas and of course with all the 50% off Michaels and Joanns coupns shared here..not to mention all the cool online stamping stores mentioned I have plenty of materials and tools...but I have a hard time getting started. I have projects I want to work on and I do have fun once I get started but I end up getting mezmerized by the internet!! I need to disipline myself more and set aside so much time for looking at stamping stuff and time to actually do stamping!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #45
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
ok ladies! (and gents!),

how many hours a week would you be pleased if you stamped? I don't mean the weeks when we have a big project to get out...but just an ordinary week....how many stamping hours would you like to see happen, just to feel good about what you accomplished that week?

wish I knew how to set up a poll...if anyone wants to do that....that would be great!

kathy
Kathy, To set up a poll, which you would have to do since you are the OP, go to the top where it says Thread Tools and on the draw down it will say Poll or something like that. Click on that and it will give you options.

I generally stamp and scrap 2-4 hours a day. I come home from work and thene after dinner when my DH is watching his Big screen junk, I sit here at the table where I can talk to him (during commercials of course) and scrap/stamp.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #46
Compulsive Stamper

15 - 20 would be great for me! What a fun part time job!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #47
mg
Matboard Maniac

I wish you all a wonderful retirement some day! I am retired from teaching 37 years of elementary school. I try to stamp every day or several times a week. Sometimes hours in a day. It's awesome. I belong to two stamp clubs. I love Splitcoast and have learned so much from this wonderful site. Happy Stamping!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #48
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
Kathy, To set up a poll, which you would have to do since you are the OP, go to the top where it says Thread Tools and on the draw down it will say Poll or something like that. Click on that and it will give you options.

I generally stamp and scrap 2-4 hours a day. I come home from work and thene after dinner when my DH is watching his Big screen junk, I sit here at the table where I can talk to him (during commercials of course) and scrap/stamp.
I feel so dumb that I couldn't figure out how to set up a poll!!!! That was easy! Thanks for walking me through it!

kathy
Old 10-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #49
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I stamp about 3-4 hours on Mondays and Fridays since I don't work those days during the week and maybe 1-2 hours on Saturdays and Sundays if my DH is home. If he's gone for work sometimes I'll spend an entire Saturday in my jammies in my stampin' studio. I don't get any stamping done T, W, or Th since I work those days. I would love to be able to sit down for 2 hours a day and stamp.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #50
Inking Addict

I would love to have at least 10-20 hours/week. I do more in the Winter - we live in the country so a lot to do in the Summer outside.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 AM   #51
Mad Swapper

I'm so envious that most of you can stamp more than 4 hours a week! I amazed at how many people stamp 20 hours or more :0 I wish I could. But for now I will have to be happy with the time I can do it.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Default truer words were never spoken!

[quote=shastess;11724375]Mine varies so much!

I am off work during the summer so I get much more time to craft! During the school year I would like to get an hour a night M-Th and 3 or 4 hours F,S,S so 13-16 hours a week! Maybe if I didn't spend some of those hours on the computer i'd get more done![/quote]

I just have to say that if you count the amout of time I spend online looking at samples and talking about stamping, it's a surprise that I ever get any actual hands on stamping done at all!

But truly, given the fact that my kids are all either on their own or in college and I work very part time (in my "professional" job, not my SU fun job!) I am lucky if I average a couple of hours a week stamping and most of that is crammed into the w/e when I hold my stamp clubs doing prep for club and classes! Sad but true...I love it, am obsessed with it, talk and think about it so often but should spend a lot more time taking advantage of actually stamping than I do. Jan