Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody. I know this is the wrong place to post this but I haven't any idea how to start a new thingy so I'll just ask my question and perhaps someone could get back to me with an answer? What to do when a cling stamp loses it's cling. I used it so often and have cleaned it so often it just doesn't cling any more. Any suggestions?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 04:09 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

They say that if a clear stamp looses its cling, to give it a gentle bath in warm water and a gentle type of soap, like the liquid soap or hand soap. Then rinse it off under clear water and let it air dry.

Maybe that will help.

To start a new thread, go to the top left side of the screen. It should say "new thread" somewhere around there. Click on it and you should be able to type in whatever title you want. Hope this helps you. I know how it is-I had trouble in the beginning, too. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 06:15 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Melanie -- The New Thread button won't appear on a page like this one, which is displaying a single thread. You need to be on a main index page for a specific forum in order to start a new thread in it. For example, to get to the index page for this forum, look at the top (or bottom) of the screen for a line of links like this...

Splitcoaststampers > Stamping Stuff > General Stamping Talk

...and click on "General Stamping Talk." That will bring up this forum's main index, and that page will have New Thread buttons on the left side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

If washing the stamps doesn't work, get some Aleens Tack It Over and use it like Emily suggests in her blog. It works great for unmounted stamps, should work for those that have lost their cling too.

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

take an acrylic stamp cleaner and clean the side that is supposed to be sticky. Or soaps like dawn will work as long as they do NOT contain any lotions or hand softeners. Let them air dry sticky side up happy to help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just wash mine with a bit of dish soap and water. I do have some cheap ones that will not get their 'stickiness' back. They did not stick well in the beginning anyway. I just use some temporary tape for them .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

There is also a product called Wacky Tack and it's purpose is to make items stick temporarily over and over again. I usually order mine from QVC but if you Google this item there are other places to order it from. They also make a tape for the same purpose which may be the better way to go.

As I was blogging today (and I can not for the life of me remember the stamp company or the blog I was on) there is a stamp company who is now selling red rubber stamps with Wacky Tack already on them. When I find this info I will come back here and let you know the deets. Hope this helps good luck.

My BLOG: http://dolcedebsdesigns.blogspot.com/ please visit...thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh...we sure do get a lot of uses out of Dawn dish detergent, but it works...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Usually the first thing that I do with a clear stamp that doesn't cling anymore is just run the back over the wet side of my scrubber (I only use water in my scrubber) a couple times and then place it back on the carrying sheet to dry.

If for some reason that doesn't restore the stickiness, I then clean it with dish detergent.

The original blue Dawn is best. If using another dish detergent, as another poster said, make sure they don't contain any lotions or hand softens, AND they should not be antibacterial.

Even after awhile Dawn will leave a bit of a residue. When your Dawn stops working, you can use rubbing alcohol but only do this once in a great while. Using rubbing alcohol too often can dry out your stamps.

Also when you wash your stamps, use a colander so that you don't lose any of your stamps down the drain. After rinsing your stamps thoroughly, lay them back on the carrying sheet and let them dry overnight. While drying, some stamps may start to curl but don't panic by the time they are dry, they will flatten out again.

I have been using clear stamps since CTMH first came out with them and I have not had any problems with following the above to clean them.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes