Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #121
Rubber Obsessor

We are debt free, lived in same house(added on to over years) We made payments on house for 5 years paid it off Never to owe another dime on it. Lived here for 38 years now. Drive the samecar it is a 95 model for the last 12 years. Had our credit card since 1972 I paid interst on it one month out of all these years. Do not get many new things. Have lots of old old furniture. Still looks great not worn,
just time dated.
Now these people in their huge homes GRRR. Even more frustrating is the greed of the bankers, are any of them going to take a HUGE pay cut naw they all go on as usually. We have chosen to live debt free, but why do we have to pay for the beautuful houses, cars trips and ect. of others who have made bad choices. Soap box over
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #122
Crimping Master

I am in mortgage lending and holding my own in Georgia. It could be ALOT worse.
I haven't cut back on crafts, but other things. Like for example, I need a new bottle of Clinique foundation. I am searching for a Walmart foundation to save 50%. Maybellline or Revlon will have to do.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #123
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamelodgeView Post
We are debt free, lived in same house(added on to over years) We made payments on house for 5 years paid it off Never to owe another dime on it. Lived here for 38 years now. Drive the samecar it is a 95 model for the last 12 years. Had our credit card since 1972 I paid interst on it one month out of all these years. Do not get many new things. Have lots of old old furniture. Still looks great not worn,
just time dated.
Now these people in their huge homes GRRR. Even more frustrating is the greed of the bankers, are any of them going to take a HUGE pay cut naw they all go on as usually. We have chosen to live debt free, but why do we have to pay for the beautuful houses, cars trips and ect. of others who have made bad choices. Soap box over
It might not all be just bad choices - it might be job losses, companies closing, and layoffs too, that are affecting people's abilities to pay the mortgage (where if they had not lost a job, they would still be able to pay).

But... I am unclear as to where the money is going to go. It's not going to the individual people who need help paying their mortgages is it?? I am uneducated concerning the bailout.

You are so very fortunate to be in the situation you are. If DH had let me make 100% of the decisions, we would be where you are too. I would've bought a tiny, cheaper house (also cheaper to heat, cool, and maintain) and shovelled money at it until it was paid off. Instead, we compromised (he wanted one of those big houses you're talking about), and got a medium house and are still paying on it. In my opinion, ours was a horrible decision, but at least better than having bought a bigger more expensive house.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #124
Stampin' Fool

I totally agree with you glitterdovefairy. No one really knows what tomorrow will bring. We can do everything as we are suppose to and one misfortune after another has a way of changing everything you have saved and planned for your life. A lot of people have a way of thinking this could not happen to me, but they should realize that it could.

I pray things will get better for you. However, I think that with everything that is going on with our economy many Americans will have a wake up call.

{{{Hugs}}},
Kisa

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterdovefairyView Post

Life has a million ways to bring a person down.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #125
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
But... I am unclear as to where the money is going to go. It's not going to the individual people who need help paying their mortgages is it?? I am uneducated concerning the bailout.
My understanding is that the money is being offered to the banks and lending organizations so that they HAVE the money to lend to businesses, people looking for mortgages and loans in general, etc. The big guys have been playing with "funny money" forever - they just got caught with their pants down due to economic downturn and unpaid loans! They can legally loan out 8.5% times the amount of lending capital they actually have. Seems a bit high to me!

Diane