Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoping someone can help me.

I was asked by my son and future daughter-in-law to make their wedding invitations. I used one of the papers from the PTI Raspberry Fizz collection not realizing that I would not be able to purchase the patterns in individual sheets as I need about 50 sheets of one design. My future DIL loves the paper I used (the larger of the smaller flower design). Does anyone know where I might find a similar paper that can be purchased by the sheet? It would need to be pink and white. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jeneen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Before going on that mad search for the right paper, give Papertrey a call (hopefully you'll be able to get a hold of them), explain to them your situation, and see if they will work with you. I would hope that customer service is important to them with your situation. Unfortunately, honestly, I haven't had the best experience with them as apparently my business isn't very valuable to PTI when I was wanting to use more of their products with it taking 2 months for a simple question to be answered. Not only that, I clearly explained that it was for an article that I was writing about their products! I think that their stuff is real cute but they've definitely lost a customer in me. I only used their white and vanilla paper in everything I made and blogged about the superior quality frequently.

I'm only suggesting this to you for your own good so that you can use the paper that you want to use for your son's wedding and hoping you'll have better luck than I did. I made my son's wedding invitations and all the rest that goes along with it so I know how very important it is to you.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 05-24-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
Before going on that mad search for the right paper, give Papertrey a call (hopefully you'll be able to get a hold of them), explain to them your situation, and see if they will work with you. I would hope that customer service is important to them with your situation. Unfortunately, honestly, I haven't had the best experience with them as apparently my business isn't very valuable to PTI when I was wanting to use more of their products with it taking 2 months for a simple question to be answered. Not only that, I clearly explained that it was for an article that I was writing about their products! I think that their stuff is real cute but they've definitely lost a customer in me. I only used their white and vanilla paper in everything I made and blogged about the superior quality frequently.

I'm only suggesting this to you for your own good so that you can use the paper that you want to use for your son's wedding and hoping you'll have better luck than I did. I made my son's wedding invitations and all the rest that goes along with it so I know how very important it is to you.

Thank you, I already e-mailed them and received an answer that they get their paper already packaged were not able to help. I understand that. I do buy often from them and have never had a problem, but I do know how poor customer service can cost customers. Again thank you for your reply as you are right it is important to me. I may end up buying the 35 paper packs that I would need.
Crazy huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenlloView Post
Thank you, I already e-mailed them and received an answer that they get their paper already packaged were not able to help. I understand that. I do buy often from them and have never had a problem, but I do know how poor customer service can cost customers. Again thank you for your reply as you are right it is important to me. I may end up buying the 35 paper packs that I would need.
Crazy huh?
It may be crazy but if you did it, I would certainly understand why! The things we do for our kids, especially something this important, is well worth it.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have had excellent service from PTI and am very surprised to hear that you had to wait two months to get a question answered. That certainly does not sound like Nichole or Jennifer and does not reflect my experiences with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

So far I've only used one sheet from my Raspberry Fizz pad. If you will explain a little more exactly which paper you need, I'll be glad to mail you the 2 sheets (is it the flower petals only, or the flowers with vines, etc). Sounds like it's for a good cause!

Maybe others would be willing to do the same...

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
So far I've only used one sheet from my Raspberry Fizz pad. If you will explain a little more exactly which paper you need, I'll be glad to mail you the 2 sheets (is it the flower petals only, or the flowers with vines, etc). Sounds like it's for a good cause!

Maybe others would be willing to do the same...

Mary
Mary that is so sweet of you. It is the middle pattern on the top row on the cover. The flowers with just petals, it would be the larger of the 2 sizes. Please pm me your info and I will send a SASE and either $ or a surprise from my stamping stash.
Jeneen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

You can always sell the leftover papers in the pack here on SCS. I'm sure someone would love to take them off your hands for a good price :-). I hope you get what you need and congratulations - a wedding in the family! I wish I was doing cards when I got married. How very special for your son and future DIL to have that handmade touch to their invites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would be happy to contribute to your cause! I don't have this paper but am willing to order a couple of packs and send you what you need. Just so we're all clear--I downloaded the pattern pic from PTI's website and have attached it here--are we talking about the small, petal-only flower that's white on pink in the grande size? Let me know and I'll place the order today!

Take care, and good luck with what sounds like a monumental project!
Attached Thumbnails
Hoping someone can help me.-raspberry-fizz-mix-front-cover.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimb0View Post
I would be happy to contribute to your cause! I don't have this paper but am willing to order a couple of packs and send you what you need. Just so we're all clear--I downloaded the pattern pic from PTI's website and have attached it here--are we talking about the small, petal-only flower that's white on pink in the grande size? Let me know and I'll place the order today!

Take care, and good luck with what sounds like a monumental project!
I wouldn't want you to buy the paper just for this, if you were going to buy it anyway, I would be so grateful. I would send a SASE and pay for it or send you a thank you from my stamping stuff. Wow you girls are so generous. Thank you, Jeneen
P.S. It is the small petal only flower in the Grande size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I would post this in the ISO forum and check ebay too. I wish I had it in my stash I would certainly send it off to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I also have a couple of sheets. Just send me a PM with your address and I will be happy to send them to you. Just to be clear. Is it the middle pattern on the top row of the above attachment? In the grande size. Does your future daughter-in-law like any of the other patterns? You could always make the invitations different since the quests won't see each other invitations. We had to do this with my daughter's invitations. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Please understand that we get requests like this on a daily basis, and while we do have a budget for this type of request, it is (like any other company's) a limited budget. While I was not privy to your request (they are handled in the Cincinnati HQ), I feel relatively certain that this may be part of the reason. We work with many established print magazines, and review cases like this on an individual basis. Your new online magazine looks wonderful, and certainly fills a niche, but as a young company yourself, I'm sure you can understand the certain limitations that this economy has burdened start-up companies. Thanks for understanding.

To the OP, jenllo, have you considered hosting a swap? It might be a great option for you. (Thanks for understanding about the papers being already packaged! This is a set of paper that I don't have, otherwise I would be sending you mine, as well.) Best of luck - I'd love to see your project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #15  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by k prakkenView Post
Does your future daughter-in-law like any of the other patterns? You could always make the invitations different since the quests won't see each other invitations. We had to do this with my daughter's invitations. Just a thought.
i was going to suggest this too. the polka dot paper might be a good alternative, and the other flower print on the rasp.fizz background. i think they would all coordinate and be beautiful!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
Please understand that we get requests like this on a daily basis, and while we do have a budget for this type of request, it is (like any other company's) a limited budget. While I was not privy to your request (they are handled in the Cincinnati HQ), I feel relatively certain that this may be part of the reason. We work with many established print magazines, and review cases like this on an individual basis. Your new online magazine looks wonderful, and certainly fills a niche, but as a young company yourself, I'm sure you can understand the certain limitations that this economy has burdened start-up companies. Thanks for understanding.

To the OP, jenllo, have you considered hosting a swap? It might be a great option for you. (Thanks for understanding about the papers being already packaged! This is a set of paper that I don't have, otherwise I would be sending you mine, as well.) Best of luck - I'd love to see your project!
Jennelf,
Thank you for addressing this. I completely understand and I wouldn't want you to use your budget on this as I am sure there are many charitable requests that take up much of this budget. I love PTI and the response I received from PTI was not only sincere in being sorry they couldn't help me but was answered on a Sunday the day after I e-mailed them. I do have some wonderful people sending me their extras and I may take up your suggestion of a swap(never done one but I can learn). More than likely I will be buying some more and giving away some here to pay it forward for the wonderful generousity of SCS members.

Jeneen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #17  
kt3
Crimping Master

Hi, Jeneen.

You might be able to use some of the other papers in the pack to create some of the other wedding items, too. I'm not sure if you're helping with those also, but they could potentially be used on the programs, placecards, to wrap any small bridesmaid presents, etc.

Good luck
What a sweet mother-in-law-to-be you are to help with this huge project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kt3View Post
Hi, Jeneen.

You might be able to use some of the other papers in the pack to create some of the other wedding items, too. I'm not sure if you're helping with those also, but they could potentially be used on the programs, placecards, to wrap any small bridesmaid presents, etc.

Good luck
What a sweet mother-in-law-to-be you are to help with this huge project!
I will be using the other patterns in the Raspberry Fiz paper pack for the bridal shower, along with Scattered Showers and probably some paper piecing for the shower. Also save the date cards will be done using this paper. I wil have enough for those, it's the invites that will use most of the paper. Once I get all of these done I will post a pic. May be a couple of weeks though. By the way, the wedding is July 2010, I know it is a long way off but since it is all planned and mostly paid for I thought I would get a head start.
Jeneen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes